• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hurricane Ike.

i ended up putting the nsx on some 6x6 blocks of wood just in case.....six inches can go a long way according to a female co worker of mine.:biggrin: im located in baytown tx; it seems like the worst part is over, just a little rain hope my dogs are okay and of course the nsx

My fellow Houstonian NSXers, I sincerely hoped everyone of you is safe, so is your NSX. Too bad most of you don't have power now.

Please take care, I wish you guys all the best from the other side of the globe. :frown:

Tyler checking in.

Eye is just west of us right now. We still have power. However a few small tree limbs are down. There are sheets of rain and wind gusts are in the 30 - 40 MPH range. So far we have been lucky.

Ritesh.

just went to check on my house; my dogs are safe and the nsx is good. no power at this time, and the water is contaminated. sux. lot of trees down and almost every traffic light is broken or turned the wrong way........ i atleast got to drive the car back to work :biggrin:

I hope everybody made it out okay. Do any of you know if there is electricity in the 77077 zip code. Its the area b/w I 10 and Westheimer and Dairy Ashford and Wilcrest

thanks

Well, finally got power at my brothers house in Sugar Land. The power at my house went out early Friday night and has been out ever since. Pretty frustrating. As far as damage, luckily, only my fence was beat up, as every ones it appears. I did see some pretty bad damage, those worst being someones detached garage collapsed onto their 2 cars.

Also, a friend of mine had a neighbors large tree fall onto the back of her house. The back 2 bedrooms are demolished. Luckily, she was not in her bedroom, but sleeping towards the front of the house. I got a call today however, that the rain is bringing water into her house. The streets are flooding. So compared to some people, we are pretty lucky.

I hope everyone else is holding up. Be safe.

Tomball took a beating - at least near 249/Spring Cypress. Many trees down in the neighborhood, some on houses, including my next door neighbor. No damage for me, thankfully!
Came up to College Station today to stay with relatives while waiting for power to come back. Finally saw TV today and the first aerial views of many places. It is awful.

Well, up here in Cincinnati, OH we got the remains of Ike today. No rain but winds today were 35, with gust up to 80 mph all afternoon. :eek: I lost my backyard wood fence and some aluminum siding trim over the garage and trees down EVERYWHERE. Oh 80% of the houses in Cincy (600,000) are without power and they are saying it's going to be up to a week. :eek:

Last edited:
I m one of the lucky ones, no major damage, just a few down fences.

Im not working the next few days, so if any of you affected prime members out there need help with anything just let me know.

Greetings from the woods NE of Houston. I had to go on a safari over and under fallen trees, wade through streams, etc. to get to my house. Trees down everywhere but we're good.
The NSX is sleeping under a light layer of dust.

Where's davidf?:confused:

Hey guys!! Jeff Baker is alive and kicking! Just letting everyone know me kristen and the family are safe! I still don't have power but have a generator so we are good. No damage to the nsx it was stored away but just debris all over the neighborhood. Hope everyone is well and if anybody needs to get a hold of me my number is 832 867 0709. Take care and god bless. :smile:

Well, I'm back at work.

Thankfully, I am on the west side of town. I didn't realize how lucky I am until I saw this map

Hope everyone else is ok.

Here in beaumont, like most other cities in SE TX mainly wind damage. Water damage to surrounding communities--Bridge City, Port Arthur, High Island. Power restoration for Beaumont is estimated for October 5. Hospital has entergy power as of today. Glad I invested in that 60kw generator for home, but still no TV/phone/internet there. Beach house is GONE--literally gone (at junction of Crystal beach and Bolivar beach). Buddy brought over a picture of where it was and only 2 piers are there. Cars, bikes, etc all fine for me.

Hurricanes suck.

Ben

Well I'm finally back online today. Ben I flew over Crystal the other day, I was in complete shock. Actually it's more like there is no more Crystal beach. Roll over pass is gone, Boliver is destroyed. Sabine Pass is gone. I've seen more gators/snakes than I've ever seen in my whole life. There are literally thousands of dead cattle over here. The salt water has bloated them to twice their size and it makes them crazy from drinking it. My house had very miminal damage. It is a sad sad time, but we will recover. I wish all you Houston guys the best.

Well I'm finally back online today. Ben I flew over Crystal the other day, I was in complete shock. Actually it's more like there is no more Crystal beach. Roll over pass is gone, Boliver is destroyed. Sabine Pass is gone. I've seen more gators/snakes than I've ever seen in my whole life. There are literally thousands of dead cattle over here. The salt water has bloated them to twice their size and it makes them crazy from drinking it. My house had very miminal damage. It is a sad sad time, but we will recover. I wish all you Houston guys the best.

Did you take any pics?

Ironically when we went up in the Narcotics chopper, no one had a freaking camera.:redface: I must say though, seeing it in person made me sick to my stomach, I mean literally.

Last edited:
Ironically when we went up in the Narcotics chopper, no one had a freaking camera.:redface: I must say though, seeing it in person made me sick to my stomach, I mean literally.

Hey David, glad your okay! I was talking to Z today and said " i hope david is alright, he was closest to the storm out of the group! " Hope to see u soon. :smile:

Yes we're ok over here. Still a lot of folks w/out power. You know it's funny, we never really think about how spoiled we are until just a few minor things like electricity and water are taken away for a few days/weeks.:rolleyes:

After riding out the storm at home in Beaumont, I went out at daybreak to take photos/videos surveying the aftermath. Hearing things slamming into the house throughout the night was a bit disconcerting. But the aftermath was surreal. The surge sent seawater up the Neches and into downtown Beaumont and the areas surrounding the river. You could smell the saltwater odor in some areas for days as it is still receeding. Thankfully it did not carry much further, but flooding from the surge affected the areas near Pine St. and the water treatment facility; thus the boil water order. Although not widely reported, the surge was felt beyond the island and Bolivar Peninsula. Parts of Orange and nearly all of Bridge City were under water. Only 20 houses in BC did not take on water. My partner had 2 feet of water in his house, our front office gal had 7 feet..... I don't know of the rest, but nearly all of the staff resides there, so it may be a while before we are fully staffed. Thankfully, our office in Port Arthur was untouched. The seawall there was overtopped and one guy showed me the pig that washed into his backyard. Marsh grass was everywhere and houses were full of mud. Snakes, dead nutria and fire ants were everywhere on the ground as helicopters were above. We really dodged a bullet. Had the storm surge been as projected Port Arthur may have been like BC or a mini NOLA, if that's possible.
Given the ongoing refinery expansion, It would seem possible these walls may get a little taller; who knows. I have nothing to complain about, and am thankful for only losing power for a little over a week, and minor trashing of the yard; no structural damage that I can see, yet. Need to go up and check the attic as you could hear the house creaking in stiff gusts. Some shifting had to occur. Right now, just trying to help out the other folks where I can. The Souther Baptist Convention has been doing a tremendous job in the disaster relief, and Red Cross is very active. FEMA? Right.
It seems Galveston and Bolivar are in the spotlight as they were clearly devastated by the storm surge. Unfortunately the folks in Bridge City, Orange and Sabine Pass, Fannet, Winnie and Labelle were lost in the cracks. Anyone looking for somewhere to focus on others in dire need should keep these folks in their prayers and if so led, help out where possible. Remember, this is Texas, not New Orleans.
Anyone interested can view the photos of Bridge City on the KLVI.com website and follow the ling to the photos for KOGT.
Take care, Greg

Back