• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I did it!

After searching for about a year, and searching hard for the last 4 or 5 months, I finally made my purchase. It is a GPW 1994 and I will fly out to get it on Thursday....will post pics of it then, and some enroute pictures, as I drive it the 1800 miles (across the Rockies, which should make for some beautiful shots) back home.

Wish me luck, will update with pictures at the end of the week and during the weekend.

/rjp

Awesome.... I'm extremely jealous of that road trip you're soon to be making.

Congratulations!

Congrats, and welcome aboard. Drive safe on your way back home and avoid the the flying rocks.:wink:

Congrats and welcome! Great color choice.

Make sure that the car's services are up to date before you attempt the trip, plenty of tread on the tires, fluids topped, air pressure checked, etc. Pretty obvious but figured I'd mention it anyway. Hate to have something happen on the way home to ruin the beginning of a beautiful love affair!!!

Congrats! Sounds like you have a fun drive ahead. Drive safe.

Congrats! My first drive was 700 miles from Indiana through the mountains of West Virgina to North Carolina. What a bonding experience! Enjoy the drive.

Congrats. I drove mine from Denver to So Cal which was approx 1100 miles. What a great trip, and many fond memories.

I wanted to drive mine from Sacromento to Texas but soon realized 975 of the 2000 mile trip was across the desert in an unfamiliar car. I was bummed to say the least. Your road trip sounds fun. All you need now is to change your sig.:wink:

drove mine from east coast to az- ran like a new car and i spent extra time at each mountain range along the way:wink:
awesome trip.

Where is the car? What part of the rockies are you going through?

Vtec it around the city lol. Take some corners. If thats good then you will be ok. Other than my sometimes long starts the car is great. Everyone, litterally 85% of people i have physically been near ask about the car. Your gona love it :)

The car is in Vegas and I'll be crossing the Rockies on 70 heading into Denver and coming out of Denver on 76.

The car had a PPI done at the local Acura shop (3rd party) who gave it a clean bill of health (excellent fit and finish, excellent paint, no overspray or signs of repair, interior excellent, mechanically excellent, and the service manager said he'd drive it from LA to NY right now....so good enough for me).

My dealer, who is not the Acura shop but a different dealer, worked with me through this process since I have never bought a car from 1800 miles away. He was great working with me and patient through my numerous phone calls and questions and absolutely no pressure. They have gained a customer for life.....so whenever I start looking for a low mileage Vanquish or DB9, that is who I'll definitely call.

Anyway, the experience had been both nerve racking (just me being very wary about buying a car so far away) and rewarding (dealing with people who were patient and very helpful).

Tomorrow....tomorrow....I am STOKED.

/rjp

First drive...Houston Tx to Greensboro, NC 1200 miles 18 hours non-stop (in the rain the whole way) trying to beat a winter storm.

Congrats!! I also have a 1994 Grand Prix White. There were only 20 of them made in 1994 with Grand Prix White, Onyx (black) interior, and a 5-speed manual. Which VIN# do you have? I am curious how close it is to mine. Oh, and I am in Indiana too. :)

Mitch, I got #160, tan interior, 5-spd. Where abouts in Indiana? Up here by me, mid near Indy or South near Evansville?

Oh, and David, I'll change my sig once I'm actually in the driver's seat tomorrow with title in hand (until then who knows WHAT could go wrong....don't wanna jinx it!).

24-hours (I'm getting giddy like a little school girl!)

/rjp

wooo hoooo!

Welcome, you will enjoy the trip.

I flew to Reno, NV and drove back to Omaha, NE, I-80 the whole way.

It was a fun road trip.

Looking forward to your pictures....

Mitch, I got #160, tan interior, 5-spd. Where abouts in Indiana? Up here by me, mid near Indy or South near Evansville?...

Cool. I am in Fishers, Indiana on the north side of Indy. Your car had to be built within a day or so of my car. Congrats!

24-hours (I'm getting giddy like a little school girl!)

I can imagine. I couldn't sleep at all the night before I bought mine. It was horrible. :biggrin: Congrats.

Enjoy! I've never once regretted buying mine 9 1/2 years ago, and plan to keep it until I'm too old to get in & out of it anymore.

I bought mine from the orignal owner, who had leased the car. Waiting the 2 weeks for all the paperwork to clear was unbearable.

Back