• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

i got a nsx

About two weeks ago i came across a great deal on a nsx and coul not pass it up. I am 20 and on tuesday i purchased a 93 nsx with 90000 miles. It has a few dings but everything works and it even has an aftermarket exhaust, Nobody would believe what i paid for it, but i paid less that what i paid for my 1995 accord if that gives you any idea. It runs great and hoepfully some of you can give me some ideas on what i should do to it like wheels and kit and performance stuff. thanks

Attachments

• nsx.jpg
    nsx.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,086
Congratulations!!! Great buy and Welcome to NSXPrime. There is a lot of helpfull information posted here.

I would suggest that if you intend to keep the car and are unfamiliar with it and things to look out for at 90,000 k miles then I suggest spending the wkend reading the faqs on this site.I'm sure if the car was "cheap" as you hint ,and it looks to have had its roof painted I hope you got the full history.I say that because at your age it might be a tough nut to crack if you need to replace the many consumables on the car if they have'nt been done.Good luck and have fun with the car.Remember though that your testosterone levels are high at your age,and I would probably not be alive today if I had an nsx at 20.I luckily had a car that only had 120 hp!Be careful!Also make sure your tires have good tread and that your alignment is within spec,or close.

Congratulations!

I strongly recommend that you replace the timing belt, water pump, and cooling system hoses immediately if that has never been done before...

nsxtasy said:
Congratulations!

I strongly recommend that you replace the timing belt, water pump, and cooling system hoses immediately if that has never been done before...

Preach on brutha-man.

Listen to this man. He knows of which he speaks... :D

congrats on your nsx....

just one thing before you start moding your nsx..
get used to it, drive it for a year, then mod the hell out of it.....

red makes the nsx look reallllllllllly nice...

I actually bought this car and got the carfax report and everything. I brought the car home and nothing is leaking or smoking or ticking. I had to guys that work at honda and look at your site religioulsy inspect the car and nothing is wrong. We dont know whats been changed and why the roof has been painted, but so far it has a clean bill of health. Nothing has arisen that is huge and cannot easily be fixed. Just got a great ass deal

don't try to save money by not doin the proper maintenance cuz it will bite you in the a$$ later on.

hey, its a stick and the car in the picture is my brothers future pro street car and its a mustang II, lol. but can anoyne give me some advice on a set of wheels, what will look good(17,18,19s any size) and how much they cost. I like te37s and axis supermesh but i also like these wheels called black racing(5 zigen) pro-n1 in black. give me some ideas. thanks

fast93nsx said:
I actually bought this car and got the carfax report and everything. I brought the car home and nothing is leaking or smoking or ticking. I had to guys that work at honda and look at your site religioulsy inspect the car and nothing is wrong. We dont know whats been changed and why the roof has been painted, but so far it has a clean bill of health. Nothing has arisen that is huge and cannot easily be fixed. Just got a great ass deal

Glad to see you got a "great ass deal" now dont expect to tripple your money specially with the "4th gear problem" :wink:

We dont know whats been changed and why the roof has been painted, but so far it has a clean bill of health. Nothing has arisen that is huge and cannot easily be fixed. Just got a great ass deal

Love how he ignores proper maintainence and goes for wheel/tire package. This sort of lets you know how the owner has treated the car. I know the other thread mentions he had the maintainence done, but still... we see the mentality.

ajnsx said:
The import scene thing, younger people are buying the cars, first thing most look to are wheels (true with most people)
On a car on which fourth gear is inoperable, I don't think most people would spend money to replace the wheels instead of fixing the transmission. I would think this is true for owners of any age, including younger people in the import scene.

Congrats on the car....but from one owner in his 20's to another, do ALL the maintenance and timing belts BEFORE blowing money on wheels. I know you want the car to look cool, but speaking frankly, would you rather be driving an NSX that runs, or having an NSX sitting in your driveway on $4,000 wheels and needing $10,000 in motor work because you cheaped out?? Those motors cost $30,000 for the SHORT BLOCK from the dealer, call them and ask if you do not believe it. Timing belts are essential for that car, especially for that age. Remember, you still have an NSX....that is cool regardless. So take care of the car or you will pay like crazy later.

Meeyatch1 said:
Congrats on the car....but
So take care of the car or you will pay like crazy later.
The owner in question bought the car a year ago (as you can see from the date of his first post in this topic) and, as noted in this other topic, is now trying to sell the car, complete with body damage and a fourth gear that won't engage.

nsxtasy said:
The owner in question bought the car a year ago (as you can see from the date of his first post in this topic) and, as noted in this other topic, is now trying to sell the car, complete with body damage and a fourth gear that won't engage.

My bad...sorry Ken. :D

On a car on which fourth gear is inoperable, I don't think most people would spend money to replace the wheels instead of fixing the transmission. I would think this is true for owners of any age, including younger people in the import scene

I wasn't aware of this info, i agree with you there. That's just loco! I guess this guy falls out of the 'most' category. :D

Back