• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I got my A$$ Tapped

Driving home from NSXPO, I got off the exit for my house when I was hit from the rear. I was at the light, the traffic starts moving, before I could get off the the clutch, I was struck from behind by a Chevy Trailblazer.

It was quite minor; (only cracking the bumper) I actually felt bad for the older lady who hit me. She was on her way to see her ailing father (90 years old) in the hospital. I told her not to worry, it is only a car and the damage is minor and can be fixed. This is why we have auto insurance.

Fast forward to today, her insurance company Cincinnati Insurance came to my house to get photo of my car and the damage. They said they do not have the ACURA NSX in their system and they didn't know how to price the parts. They wanted me to get a few estimates and email them over to her. In addition, my car is silver but I wrapped it white (a concept they have never heard of) so there will be additional cost of getting the wrap ordered then replaced once the paint cures.

Has anyone every encountered an insurance company who have never had experience with the NSX?

20131014_152633_zps9ce91d0a.jpg

Not sure how they have no NSX in their systems haha. They insured my 1st one back in 2000. Maybe they have not had another and the model was purged?

Sucks that happened though. Good luck on getting it handled!

If you decide not to wrap it you can use that money to get some 02 tail lights. ;)

I was hit from behind Sept 18th (reason I was carless at NSXPO) and didn't have ANY issues ordering OEM new parts thru insurance.............jsut because this car is not in their system does not mean they won't cover you. Stipulate all the parts you need should be new OEM parts, incl. any towing, painting, wraps, etc and it's usually not a problem when you tell them it's an 'exotic'..........my repair bill is close to $40k and they didn't blink and even if there was a small scuff I ordered an entire new part since I have replacement value coverage which means repair like new..........if you need more info send me a PM with your number

It's probably better that they're leaving it to you to determine the costs by getting your own estimates vs. trying to guess. Also, as a systems analyst for an insurance company....it's entirely possible they just don't know where to look :(

I use Hagerty, they had an adjuster go to the shop and said order what I need to get it fixed up to my value for replacement coverage. You may want to switch to Hagerty, great coverage and they know the cars - sponsored the NSXPO

It is not my insurance company but rather the responsible party.

I am not worried, I will get an estimate for redoing the wrap in the rear then I will get two estimates to repair the bumper.

ahhh, even better. We have 'nno fault' insurance and even if it's the other persons fault we each pay our own thru our insur. co.

Back