I hate Michigan weather!

I was hoping this Easter weekend to wake Tweety out of her long winter's nap. Then, I see four inches of snow on the ground this morning!:mad: I think I can speak on behalf us beleagured Michiganders. Michigan weather sucks! The only good thing is that it helps keep miles off our precious rides. And it gives us some time for special projects.:tongue: Well, at least we have a great economy, low crime, and strong political leadership:wink:

Good morning from California.:biggrin:

NO sympathy from Canada!

However I did have my car out yesterday for a short spin. Roads are dry, but there is plenty of winter grit.

Agreed, but it has given me time to get some stuff done. Just did a valve adjustment and compression test yesterday in anticipation of going FI this summer. Still waiting for my front Bilstiens to show up so I can put them on and put the car back on the ground.
I had the snow blower put away for the summer and I had to dig it back out.....ugh.

We need this snow badly! If you've been checking what's going on around the country drought is a serious problem. The great lakes have had extremely low water levels because of the milder winters we've had of late so it maybe an inconvenience but we really need it.

Last fall we were below average rain wise so a mild no snow winter would really have set us back by spring. Plus all the strong sun has melted quite a bit. Of course we're expecting another dollop by Monday night into Tuesday:biggrin:

Don't think I don't feel your pain though as I'm waiting for a week of 50's so I can put my S2K track suspension back in. Stock suspension is like a Caddy:biggrin:

Aaah! I just remounted my summer wheels and tires on my Legend last week...

Good thing my G35 is still running on snows...

Aaah! I just remounted my summer wheels and tires on my Legend last week...

Good thing my G35 is still running on snows...

LOL Yeah always have at least one snow vehicle ready until May:biggrin:

LOL Yeah always have at least one snow vehicle ready until May:biggrin:

Oh whatever,:wink: I could not stand rolling on snow tires anymore. You know I am on my 19's now. :biggrin: The snow is prety much gon now anyway which is fine w/ me..................

BTW Al, did you get your 02+ converson done over the Winter? We will be up @ Don's place soon to get some minor work done. :wink:

I feel your guy's pain, we in MN basically get your weather a day before you. Two days ago.. nothing, all snow gone. Yesterday/today, four inches. I've been able to take my cars out the first week of April for the last ten years, not sure if that is happening this year.

Oh whatever,:wink: I could not stand rolling on snow tires anymore. You know I am on my 19's now. :biggrin: The snow is prety much gon now anyway which is fine w/ me..................

BTW Al, did you get your 02+ converson done over the Winter? We will be up @ Don's place soon to get some minor work done. :wink:

I haven't had it done yet since Don's car hauler has not been available to take my car to his shop. All the parts are there and I will likely have it started in the beginning of April. Don says it will only take about a week or so. I can't wait.

We need this snow badly! If you've been checking what's going on around the country drought is a serious problem. The great lakes have had extremely low water levels because of the milder winters we've had of late so it maybe an inconvenience but we really need it.

Last fall we were below average rain wise so a mild no snow winter would really have set us back by spring. Plus all the strong sun has melted quite a bit. Of course we're expecting another dollop by Monday night into Tuesday:biggrin:

Don't think I don't feel your pain though as I'm waiting for a week of 50's so I can put my S2K track suspension back in. Stock suspension is like a Caddy:biggrin:

Perry, I didn't know you are a tree-hugging, left wing, climate activist Sonny Elliott wannabe. :biggrin: Hell, I thought the only topics you were weighing in nowadays are in the off topic area - prettiest girls. :wink: And here I thought you only were knowledgable about carnal activities. :wink:

I read on Drudgereport that you folks have had more snow this winter than has ever accumulated since records have been kept in the 1800's.

I read on Drudgereport that you folks have had more snow this winter than has ever accumulated since records have been kept in the 1800's.

Really supposedly for Michigan this is just 5th snowiest on record.

Yes In WI, all of the records were broke this year. We at about 100 inches for 07/08. Last year 06/07 we had 17" for the season (Green Bay/Appleton area). For the past 15 years in WI (except way up north), we hardly got any snow. I got the snowblower out maybe 2x a season. This year was almost every week! :eek: It is all melted now by me, except for the piles from a plow, and north facing ditches etc.

Still nothing compared to my land up north in the Keweenaw Peninnsula in the UP of MI. 251.2" to date for 07/08 season!:eek: :eek: :eek:

The record for the Keweenaw is.......

Oct 13 inches
Nov 76 inches
Dec 129 inches
Jan 111 inches
Feb 80 inches
Mar 78 inches
Apr 35 inches
May 14 inches
Total 390 inches

1978-79 season

Last edited:
O K so I just have to chime in. Ann Arbor, MI, set a new record for snowfall this season, since record keeping began in 1880. Once again, so much for GLOBAL WARMING.
It is snowing like mad right now 8pm 3/27/08 Thursday. 2-5 inches expected overnight. Husqvarna 11 HP two stage snowblower ready to rock. Detroit Tigers ready to open at home on Monday? Jeepers :eek:
Al, I cannot wait to see and hear Tweety. I cannot wait to see anything cool.
Yours for dry weather, neal :redface:

Snowed here too last night 3-4 inches. Does it seem to anyone else that winter is starting later in the year and ended later too. Like the seasons have been pushed ahead a month?

O K so I just have to chime in. Ann Arbor, MI, set a new record for snowfall this season, since record keeping began in 1880. Once again, so much for GLOBAL WARMING.
It is snowing like mad right now 8pm 3/27/08 Thursday. 2-5 inches expected overnight. Husqvarna 11 HP two stage snowblower ready to rock. Detroit Tigers ready to open at home on Monday? Jeepers :eek:
Al, I cannot wait to see and hear Tweety. I cannot wait to see anything cool.
Yours for dry weather, neal :redface:

Neil non typical weather is Global warming .. LOL

Have to admit I've been enjoying are non typical winters but even with all the snow we've gotten it hasn't been bad. We've just been getting small amounts repeatedly. Don't forget we had above 60 degree weather for two or three days in January. Ekin95s dad will confirm our winters use to be really bad!

Also I hope your not using the blower Neil as this stuff will be gone by days end. Sun is already out and shining :biggrin:

Snowed here too last night 3-4 inches. Does it seem to anyone else that winter is starting later in the year and ended later too. Like the seasons have been pushed ahead a month?

Winter seems to be starting later and not lasting very long. As a kid I remember snow on the ground from Halloween to Easter and it stayed there for the most part. It hasn't been until lately that we get "fog" in the winter and rain. Not in Michigan!

Winter seems to be starting later and not lasting very long. As a kid I remember snow on the ground from Halloween to Easter and it stayed there for the most part. It hasn't been until lately that we get "fog" in the winter and rain. Not in Michigan!

Yeah, that's what I am talking about. Winter use to be really bad and the snow was deep,:confused: or maybe I was shorter..who knows.

Yeah, that's what I am talking about. Winter use to be really bad and the snow was deep,:confused: or maybe I was shorter..who knows.

LOL "shorter"

you guys act like this weather has something to do with science or global warming.... it's all about the ground hog.

Michigan ground hog lied! Puxatawny Phil called it!

yes I follow these things:biggrin:

Grounds Hog, Global warming, whatever......................:rolleyes: This SUCKS again! Sure am glad I put my Summer rims on. :rolleyes:

Look at the bright side it will all be gone in a day or tow and 50's by Monday and rain even the huge piles of snow will start to melt. :wink:

Back