• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I won't say goodbye, I will say thank you.

Dear SoCal Primers,

I have been a part of the Southern California NSX community for the past three years. During that time I have been incredibly fortunate to meet so many people I can call "friends", shared many memories that are irreplaceable to me. It saddens me that this next venture in my future will be taking me away from those people that made SoCal feel like home when nothing else could. I just received a job opportunity that will require me to relocate and push me out of the SoCal area starting next week.

I will not disappear into the abyss however, this post isn't my departure from the NSX community as a whole, this post is only an announcement that I will be taking a step back for some time. I wanted to thank everyone as a whole as to not forget anyone. The SoCal NSX community is, I believe, what every single car enthusiast group should strive to emulate. So many great people that honestly care about one another and go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that everyone from the veteran member to the first time Primers has a great time during drives, meets and far beyond. Everyone offering their knowledge to help further the community for the other owners of this very special car. I know that the Prime community is expected to revolve around our cars (which is true to a point), but I believe that the SoCal community is motivated by its members, each individual propelling the group forward and adding their own personality and enthusiasm to the melding pot. From the track-only cars to the show stoppers we all share a level of respect and camaraderie unparalleled in my experience. It has been my great pleasure to observe and take part in this stellar group of people, words cannot express the gratitude I have towards everyone I have come across and even now I fail to accurately depict the amount I will miss being a "SoCal NSX Prime" regular. For now I refuse to say "goodbye", I will only say "Thank you" for allowing me the opportunity to be a part of this group of people I have come to see as an extended family.

Cheers.

Jonathan - Track Addict

Okay, then I won't say good-bye, either. I take it the job try-out went well. I'll have to head on up, past Goleta, when I drive up to see my son, and bring you a pan of brownies. I will miss you, Jonathan!

^Nov. 4, 2012. Mt Palomar drive.

^Nov. 4, 2012. Mt Palomar drive.

Last edited:
Jonathan, it's been great fun but our paths will cross again. Give us SoCal folk your next 20. You just never know when a drive might occur in your part of the woods.

Man, I think I got a tear in my eye (not):biggrin:; congratulations on you're new job hope all is well and as much as you will miss the SoCal community, I know it will miss you.

I (and I know Cheryl too ) will miss you and your good humor. Good luck with your new job!
Tino

Being away from SoCal, and even the NSX, doesn't prevent you from being part of the community. Good luck in your new endeavor, Jon! SoCal isn't going anywhere. ;)

I won't say goodbye but I will say good luck on the new job.:smile: Besides I know you will be down here on a regular basis because you have an incentive now.:wink:

Last edited:
It was great to talk to you on the drives, Jon. Everyone is rooting for you as you take the next step in your career. Best of luck to you!

Best of luck to you Jonathan! For the past 6-8 months I've been on Prime, I've met many people and made many new friends. You're going to be missed by my mom, my family, and I. I'll always remember the Hemet Drive and the talks we had during it. That being said good luck friend! Come back to visit soon, you'll be missed.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Contrary to Adrian's posting I am not selling my NSX, I'm sure much to his dismay. I will still attempt to make the rounds as best I can and keep posting here and on other sections of the forum.

In fact I may have a new product/service coming very soon for everyone :biggrin:

I heard your only moving to central cal, no big. Ppls drive there just for a tune ;). See you soon bro.

OH NO! Bakersfield...?

Will the NSX look like this soon?

Metro.jpg

Back