• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ignoramuses/idiots

Originally posted by PHOEN$X:
At the local gathering near my house, I saw a fiero with the words "imports are like tampons, every pussy has one" on its rear window.

Im sure after calling you a ricer for driving an import, they all called their friends on their SONY cell phones, turned down the volume on theirNakamichi car stereo, then went home to play SONY Play Station 2, turned on their SAMSUNG DVD player to watch a movie on their PANASONIC/MATSUSHITA television.

------------------
1992 NSX
VTEC Forums- The newest online discussion center, for Honda performance.

Re:
It means either they are Learners or Police.

What is "learner" slang for?

Re:Im sure after calling you a ricer for driving an import, they all called their friends on their SONY cell phones, turned down the volume on theirNakamichi car stereo, then went home to play SONY Play Station 2, turned on their SAMSUNG DVD player to watch a movie on their PANASONIC/MATSUSHITA television

So true. Anyone know appoximately what $% wise of Japanese cars/total Japanese imports(all goods), to US that is?

Ya and I wonder how many % within the "domestic" cars are make with Japanese components? ( even IC chips count )
Yesturday as I was returning the rental CHEVY METRO yes don't laugh..I looked under the seatbelt, and theres Japanese safety instructions??? how surprising..

Originally posted by NSXnBRLA:
Im sure after calling you a ricer for driving an import, they all called their friends on their SONY cell phones, turned down the volume on theirNakamichi car stereo, then went home to play SONY Play Station 2, turned on their SAMSUNG DVD player to watch a movie on their PANASONIC/MATSUSHITA television.

I figure I would post here given the thread title
smile.gif

This weekend, the woman and I made a trip North, about 120 miles. The whole way there cars/trucks/vans, you name it, were diving in and out of traffic trying to show how they could cut us off and somehow prove how much faster they could be in relatively thick traffic. Amazing.

The biggest fool was in a mid 90's white M3, I saw him in my rear view mirror, changing lanes feverishly, nearly hitting half a dozen cars, so he could pull right up beside me and rev his engine.

I turned my head toward the gawking passenger, blatently yawned, and they blasted off nearly slamming into the back of a car of an elderly couple.

Real cool.

Originally posted by midNight Sun Xpress:
...but I feel uncomfortable when I have the same vehicle in my rear mirror for 10-15 min or more.

I agree with you here midNight Sun Xpress. I know that people often trail my car to gawk at it, but I find it unusual when that lasts for more then 10 minutes (unless its highway driving, when I given them 15
wink.gif
). Something very strange about it.

Regards.

Originally posted by Jonathan:

I turned my head toward the gawking passenger, blatently yawned.

That is so funny. I can't imagine how they must have felt!

I have a story that happen to me just 2 weeks ago. I was driving back home on a Friday night back from work just happy that it was a weekend. So I am on the freeway and a car cuts me off so I moved to the next lane then the car cuts me of again so I thought OK this guy is Drunk so I move again and yes he cuts me of again. Well after the third time he cuts me of I honked and the he pulls to the right lane and gets in back of me and that's when I see that its a cop so I thought OK I AM F*CKed so he just fallows me for like 10 minutes then he passed me. The reason I found out it was a cop till the end is cause he had cop light inside the car and the fact that he look like a cop was another reason. I guess that cop did not like Imports. So is you are on the 5 freeway and you see a brown crownvictoria on the freeway cutting you of just slow down hope he does not slow down and cut you of over and over.

BostonNSX: I am Asian-American (of Chinese descent).

NSXnBRLA: Good point about all the import products in our everyday lives. I just have a problem with close minded people, I mean my daily driver is a Mustang for pete's sake! Why can't people just appreciate fine automobiles for what they are, and nothing more?

I guess the only solution is to minimize those Friday & Saturday night excursions, when testosterone crazed teenagers & drunks are out. Any other time I get one of two reactions: complete lack of attention (from soccer moms and the like), or unabashed admiration from *real* car enthusiasts.

Keep sharing your experiences with the NSX. They are interesting to read!

john576: "Learners" in Australia are drivers who are new at driving. They have an 'L' plate in the window to identify them, and can only drive with a fully-licensed driver accompanying them.

NSXnBRLA: *LOL* ... love ur thing about imports... hehehe...

Jonathan: funny story... fortunately nobody crashed BECAUSE of the M3's erratic driving.

NSXaholic: ... if u ever get someone gawking at ur car for more than 10mins, it might be me... drooling and affixated to ur cars incredible looks... unable to break their gaze...
biggrin.gif

Back