• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I'm new on this site

Hi.

I own a 2002 Honda S2000.
http://members.shaw.ca/seks/pictures/my-s2k-11.jpg

I was thinking of buying a 1991 Acura NSX when I was looking for a car but decided not to for reasons.

Thought I check out this site and lurk around
smile.gif

Originally posted by Seks:
I was thinking of buying a 1991 Acura NSX when I was looking for a car but decided not to for reasons.

For what reasons may we ask?

[This message has been edited by khuezee (edited 24 July 2002).]

Congrats on the S2000, Suzuka's a great color on those! I narrowed it down to the same NSX vs. S2000 choice you did but ended up going the other way in the end
wink.gif

Welcome to the forum. If you haven't already, check out the S2000 forum also, they've got a good thing going on over there.

Welcome.
I'm pretty new in here as well.
There's lots of info in here--sometimes more than you would care for--but that's the mark of a dedicated and enthusiastic forum.
smile.gif

I can certainly understand your situation. I've narrowed my choices down to the NSX vs. S2000 also. I pretty much gave up on the 3 series because of the horror stories I've been hearing regarding maintenance, etc....

Sometimes I favor the NSX. Other times I favor the S2K. Both have such good qualities in their own right that it's hard to readily rule one out.

I bet you went with the Honda because:

1. It's cheaper (cost of ownership and to fix!)
2. It's a convertible! (NSX-T is similar but $$$)
3. It's a new car (truly worry-free driving!)
4. It's still an attention-getter (not as much as the NSX of course)
5. I don't have to worry about it as much when I leave it in the parking lot.

At least, these are the reason I think of when comparing it to an early model NSX (around the same price of a new S2K). The third one for me is the biggest plus of them all.

Of course, the pluses for the NSX (at least for me) has more of the benefits like performance and pride of ownership (exotic), to name a few.

Alas, my dilemma....anyway, congrats on making a final decision. Beats the view from the fence I'm sitting on!

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 24 July 2002).]

well, joel, get off the fence and be part of the community here
smile.gif
j/k. I have very similar concerns to your points, but I think that's where the initial shopping and research pays off. If you spend some effort and time to find a 'clean' early model, cost of maintenance shouldn't be too bad. Although you can't avoid accidents, that's why they are accidents, but that's what insurance is, and I was shocked to find out that the nsx insurance is MUCH cheaper than my 2001 car.

We know that everybody buys a S2000 over an NSX because of the big red start button... It's just irresistable.

biggrin.gif

------------------
David Allen
'00 Silverstone NSX-T
Comptech SC, Headers, Intake, Exhaust & a little Mark Basch tweakage

I first was debating about a new s2000 or a older nsx. But I know inside I have no question, I want an NSX. But just to get other oppinions, I show everyone that comes over to my house the 1:18 scale auto art s2000 model, and any one of my nsx models. I ask would you prefer the s2000 brand new or a 10 year old nsx with 60,000 miles.

Never ever has anyone said anyone they like the s2000 better. Of course we all know when it comes to practical issues and actually laying out 30,000 to 35,000 dollers it makes you think about more than just the looks.

However, I never look at S2000 drivers as they zoom by, and think hum that person should have bout an nsx instead. I think that must be a fun car to drive.

Just my opinion, but I will never buy another 4 cylander car again. Torque is the key and a little four-banger, allbeit an amazing four-banger, is just that. Beeaautiful car though, just, in my opinion, doesn't compare.

Either way, it's a Honda, should have no problems whatever your choice.
smile.gif
Best of luck, you will make the best decision for you and don't look back. Each has it's positive slant. Kevin

I originally looked at the S2K too...

Until I tried to get into one
biggrin.gif

I couldn't even shut the door, and my knees came up around the steering wheel. To my dissapointment, I couldn't even take it for a drive, at 6'5" though, my NSX treats me nicely and has for the past few years.

Congrats on your purchase and happy lurking
wink.gif

Jonathan,

Your avatar shows exactly why I like to leave the roof black instead of painting it body color. Nice photo.

Love them both now. NSX is the favorite though. Both cars warrant a lot of attention on the mean streets of Orange County

Tan
2000 Monaco Pearl Blue NSX with Silver Volk GT-C on H&R Springs
2000 Formula Red S2000 with Gunmetal Volk GT-N 18" all around Eibachs and speedster tonneau

[This message has been edited by BlueNSX (edited 25 July 2002).]

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Jonathan,

Your avatar shows exactly why I like to leave the roof black instead of painting it body color. Nice photo.

Thanks
biggrin.gif
We saw "Big Brother" as we were driving down the road and knew they would make a good pair
wink.gif
This is one reason my roof stays black -

If you missed the high res pic, you can check it out here, came out great -
http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000348.html

Back