• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I'm sports car less for the first time in a while...

Sold my 98 Porsche 993 C4S this afternoon...

There's an 02 Imola for sale...:tongue:

Funny, I just replied to your post on Rennlist a few days ago! That car was so hot, Maybe a Zanardi for you?

Funny, I just replied to your post on Rennlist a few days ago! That car was so hot, Maybe a Zanardi for you?

Hey Mike yeah it attracted alot of interest and I received an offer that made it worth my while. For the first time I'm kinda at a loss as to what to get next. We are moving back to Canada in June so I'll look around and see what peaks my interest. I'm at a point in my life where I'm not really keen on having a Zanardi or Imola just sit there in the garage as I'd rather be driving my car all year round and enjoying it. I suppose that's why I've bought and sold so many cars over the past 6 years...

Likely candidates are:

1. 2009 Porsche 911 w/PDK
or
2. 02-05 NSX-T - but the issue with a NSX is that I can't drive one all year round

Hmmm....

why no manual tranny 911?

Hey Mike yeah it attracted alot of interest and I received an offer that made it worth my while. For the first time I'm kinda at a loss as to what to get next. We are moving back to Canada in June so I'll look around and see what peaks my interest. I'm at a point in my life where I'm not really keen on having a Zanardi or Imola just sit there in the garage as I'd rather be driving my car all year round and enjoying it. I suppose that's why I've bought and sold so many cars over the past 6 years...

Likely candidates are:

1. 2009 Porsche 911 w/PDK
or
2. 02-05 NSX-T - but the issue with a NSX is that I can't drive one all year round

Hmmm....

So far, so good for me...

P1010766_zps0440ca89.jpg

Steve,
I love it! Duckbill spoiler? What happened to the M?

The Lime Rock M3 was a good car, just not for me - German rice magnet. I'm too old for that crap. Live & learn.

This car has the factory Sport Design body which includes the ducktail & deeper front spoiler. Wheels are the OEM (but optional) 20" Carrera Classic. Suspension is
Sport PASM + has Sport Chrono - sits about 20MM lower.

It's the right color

P1010770_zps15e60c24.jpg

P1010774_zpsea1e99a7.jpg

P1010769_zps5033dab8.jpg

Last edited:
beautiful beautiful 911. the 991 is the best incarnation thus far. imo it looks lower and more sophisticated then ever.

So essentially that car is all OEM? Man that looks awesome.

Thanks everybody!

The new NSX will have a similar stance.....just couldn't wait 2 more years.

Thanks everybody!

The new NSX will have a similar stance.....just couldn't wait 2 more years.

Agreed, plus there is nothing like a 911. That 911 PDK?

Also, Im sure you are already on Rennlist but if not, Its like Prime but for P-car fanatics. I love it. Werent you also working on an old school Audi?

Yes....but gone also (Silver '85 UR Coupe Quattro). Way more involved than I ever imagined- rust & more rust.

Had a taste of the DCT in the BMW Limerock - it was impressive & set the hook on dual clutch autos.

The PDK in this 991 is at another level though. Shifts very smooth at slow speeds in both manual & auto mode (the BMW was very jerky) + IMO is quicker overall & also programable, but w/o the hard slam that the BMW had in "M"
mode.

I follow Rennlist & it is a good Porsche resource.

Don't misunderstand, the M3 was a wonderful car - just not right for me at this stage of the game.

P1010753_zpse762caa1.jpg

Last edited:
Steve - wonderful choice! The 991 is by far my favorite incarnation of the 911....unfortunately out of my budget - DOH!

I'm hunting for a 997.2 with PDK after riding in a mates here in Dubai. I was really impressed with how quickly the car accelerated and shifted...

Back