• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

in-car camera mount test

This morning on my way to work I decided to test my Sony DCR-IP55 microMV camcorder with the HAMA universal video camera mount. Here's a 2.84MB sample

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 16 January 2003).]

Wow, that is cool! Please take some video at the next NSX meet and post it here
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

<font size=1>

[This message has been edited by PHOEN$X (edited 16 January 2003).]

That was sweet!! I really liked it!!

More please!!

Very nice Akira. We look forward to many more of these nice that you've got a new toy. Hope there won't be any hosting/bandwith problems.

Seems like you managed to get the car to around 80-ish before you had to slow down. You can see the camera and the mount in the rear-view mirror -- its looks nice and compact.

Thanks again.

Regards.

Akira -- THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR POSTING THAT... i haven't gone all goosebumps like that since buying Getaway in Stockholm.
smile.gif
Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful...

PS. Looks like you only rev up to ~7000RPM!? Didn't want to stretch her leg's too much, heh?

PSS. thanx Phoe<FONT COLOR=red>N$X</FONT> for informing me of Akira posting this. Is there no limit to your L337ne55???
smile.gif

------------------
NeoNSX
Trinity: "What do we need?"
NeoNSX : "an NSX... lots of NSX's..."

[This message has been edited by NeoNSX (edited 17 January 2003).]

Here's a 2.45MB clip from a different mounting point (on the windshield)...same stretch of road (note: a car on a side street almost gets in the way).

Yes, this is the mount available from I/O Port Racing. It's butt-simple to use and the suction cup grabs strongly. I drove via Old Topanga Canyon Road to our dinner meeting last night with the camera in place (but didn't shoot any video since it was REALLY dark). It held firm.

I ordered a wide-angle conversion lens for my camera yesterday...I knew the IP55's lens wouldn't be wide enough for capturing the sense of speed (or those great canyon vistas).

The video camera I'm using is tiny...perfect for this kind of application. You can see it in my rear-view mirror in the earlier clip I posted.

As for only revving to 7,000RPM...my drive to work isn't really long enough to get my car fully warmed up (roughly 15 mins on surface streets).

Here's a pic of the mount (attached to my office window):
212614-9.jpeg

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 17 January 2003).]

Originally posted by akira3d:
Here's a 2.45MB clip from a different mounting point (on the windshield)...same stretch of road (note: a car on a side street almost gets in the way).

B]

WoW. that was so cool.. I liked the road view of this one better. I got to see the inside of the car in the first one, but the second one was pure road!! It's almost like changine the view in video game.

Too awesome!

Actually, that's Pacific Ave...which becomes Ocean further down.

It's almost like changing the view in video game.

That's why I like this view better too. Can't wait to get the wide-angle conversion lens...but I'm afraid my polarizing filter won't fit on it. Don't want windshield glare to mess up my videos.

Originally posted by akira3d:

Nice, almost video-game-esq as Tiger said, but we can't see you revving through the gears! That was the highlight of the first video for me
smile.gif

<font size=1>

[This message has been edited by PHOEN$X (edited 17 January 2003).]

Back