• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Picked up a Pilot

I thought you NSXers would like to know (especially those who remember my MDX vs Pilot thread) that I picked up a Honda Pilot EX-L on Saturday.

My Honda Family:
biggrin.gif

nsx-civic-pilot-frontquarter-better-hideplate-600.jpg

nsx-civic-pilot-front-hideplate-600.jpg

nsx-civic-pilot-side-600.jpg

pilot-valerie-backquarter-600.jpg

pilot-dash-600.jpg

On a related note, anyone interested in a low-mileage '97 Civic HX?

And I've been trying to come up with a clever way of doing a personalized plate for the SUV that clearly means "NSX Pilot"...

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black), '03 Honda Pilot EX-L (silver/gray), '97 Honda Civic HX (but not for long)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 17 February 2003).]

Looks nice! I really like those. I was thinking about getting a green one to match my NSX to use for the winter
smile.gif

Aaron

akira

Beautiful cars. I looked at the Pilot and the Element the other day. They are real nice.

On another note, my wife and I are coming to LA on Apr 1 and will be staying at the Santa Monica Marriott. Do you know if it's nice. I have stayed at the Marina Del Rey Marriott in the past.

Good luck with the Pilot.

------------------

On another note, my wife and I are coming to LA on Apr 1 and will be staying at the Santa Monica Marriott. Do you know if it's nice.

Coming out for business or pleasure? I'd suggest getting together when you're out here, but I have a bad feeling about my work schedule in April.

I've never been in either Marriott, so I have no idea how nice they are.

Wow, the size difference between the vehicles is striking. I never really felt that the Pilot was that big, but near the NSX, it looks HUGE!!!!

Cool purchase, Eric. I wanted one, but Zena wanted her 'Burb more. (Sigh)
frown.gif

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey ..........SOLD!!!
1992 SC400
2003 Chevy Suburban LT

[This message has been edited by FuryNSX (edited 17 February 2003).]

Congratulations!

Originally posted by akira3d:
I've been trying to come up with a clever way of doing a personalized plate for the SUV that clearly means "NSX Pilot"...

Too bad the SUV isn't red, or I'd suggest BARONSX (like the Red Baron).

Originally posted by FuryNSX:
Wow, the size difference between the vehicles is striking. I never really felt that the Pilot was that big, but near the NSX, it looks HUGE!!!!

NSX:
H: 46.1 in.
L: 174.2 in.
W: 71.3 in.

Pilot:
H: 70.6 in.
L: 188.0 in.
W: 77.3 in.

Tabasco, I asked my wife about the Marriott. Is the Santa Monica one Le Merigot? If so, it's much nicer (and newer than the Marina del Rey one).

Of course, The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey is far nicer...my wife works there.
biggrin.gif

I never really felt that the Pilot was that big, but near the NSX, it looks HUGE!!!!

We didn't think the Pilot was that big either...until we started driving around town. A 'vette pulled up behind us and practically disappeared...so now I know how we look to SUVs when we're in our NSXs.

Cool purchase, Eric. I wanted one, but Zena wanted her 'Burb more. (Sigh)
frown.gif

So you recently bought an SUV too? That's funny. And, for the moment, we also have four cars...

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 17 February 2003).]

Welcome to the ranks of the politically incorrect...

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2003-01-09-suv-terrorism_x.htm
http://www.detnews.com/2003/autoshow/0301/09/a01-55967.htm

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
1976 Honda Accord 5 spd, 3 door Blue/Blue
1977 Honda Accord - Custom - Under Construction
2003 MINI Cooper S - On Order - All Black
1986 Chevy Suburban
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

[This message has been edited by Jimbo (edited 18 February 2003).]

Originally posted by akira3d:
Tabasco, I asked my wife about the Marriott. Is the Santa Monica one Le Merigot? If so, it's much nicer (and newer than the Marina del Rey one).

Akira

Yes its the Le Merigot. My wife also works for Marriott, at Headquarters. Maybe we can connect up. We will be there from Apr 1 through Apr 6.

Thanks for the info.

------------------

Congrat's on the purchase. I recall your MDX vs thread and think you made a very wise choice for what you're looking for in an SUV.

The Pilot has plenty of room, drives well, gets great mileage (vs. the competition at least), and appears to be very well built. Plus, its a Honda!

I really, really wish the economy wasn't down as badly as it is. I would absolutely love to buy that Civic off of you to use as a daily commuter car and if the economy weren't so bad, I'd pull the trigger in a second.

I don't think you'll have much trouble selling it though. It appears to be in great shape.

My wife also works for Marriott

Funny...and my wife found this especially amusing!

Maybe we can connect up. We will be there from Apr 1 through Apr 6.

I work in Santa Monica on Third Street Promenade...not far from Le Merigot. Though I might be busy, I should still be able to get together for lunch or dinner in the area while you're here.

I don't think you'll have much trouble selling it though. It appears to be in great shape.

I'm starting to get offers though I only started advertising it today...I wonder if this could turn into a bidding war
biggrin.gif

Back