• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Infiniti G35 vs NSX

Soichiro said:
...and keep the NSX for weekend jaunts to the twisties.

What do you mean, Gary? We invited you to a nice weekend twistie run and you wouldn't come! When DO you take your NSX out? :D

Last edited:
NSX will win

I owned a G35 Coupe, modified with a Fujitsubo Exhaust, HKS Coilover suspension, and a Blitz intake on 19 inch Work Wheels that I used to track in Northern California at Buttonwillow, Thunderhill, etc. I also dragged it at Sears Point...

Although the G35 Coupe is an excellent car with excellent handling/braking/acceleration characteristics... The NSX will win in a straight 1/4 mile drag race. Although, the G35 Coupe that I had had the Brembos/DBA cross drilled rotors/track pads, so it definitely out braked an NSX on the tracks for sure.

You will win, but it will be close depending on both of your driving skills. You won't 'blow' him away, but you should be comfortably ahead by at least a car length. On a track... it's all about balls and skill. :)

I've selfishly attached a pic of my old G35 Coupe. ;)

racingmix_shakethatass.jpg

Re: NSX will win

FlightNSX said:
I owned a G35 Coupe, modified with a Fujitsubo Exhaust, HKS Coilover suspension, and a Blitz intake on 19 inch Work Wheels that I used to track in Northern California at Buttonwillow, Thunderhill, etc. I also dragged it at Sears Point...

Although the G35 Coupe is an excellent car with excellent handling/braking/acceleration characteristics... The NSX will win in a straight 1/4 mile drag race. Although, the G35 Coupe that I had had the Brembos/DBA cross drilled rotors/track pads, so it definitely out braked an NSX on the tracks for sure.

You will win, but it will be close depending on both of your driving skills. You won't 'blow' him away, but you should be comfortably ahead by at least a car length. On a track... it's all about balls and skill. :)

I've selfishly attached a pic of my old G35 Coupe. ;)

racingmix_shakethatass.jpg

damn that is a sweet g35 :)

KennyNsx said:
Of course I don't use my NSX to commute with. I am sure everyone that owns an NSX has another car they use to commute with. I don't commute with my NSX, I have never even driven it to work.

I have a Honda Prelude that serves that purpose. Honda's are excellent commuter cars.

Is there anyone here that really does commute with their NSX?? :p

i will be doing that :p

Re: NSX will win

FlightNSX said:
Although, the G35 Coupe that I had had the Brembos/DBA cross drilled rotors/track pads, so it definitely out braked an NSX on the tracks for sure.

Yeah, right.
Do you really think that just because it has Brembos it stops faster?
If you do, you're wrong.

Here is a photo of a G35 trying to catch some NSX's at Watkins Glen last week. It definitely was much faster off the track and into the gravel pit. ;)

4114134-M.jpg

Brembo Question

Hello,

In reply to the posts about the Brembos... I currently own a 93 NSX Coupe, and I have been tracking for quite a few years in the Bay Area at Buttonwillow, Sears Point, Thunderhill, etc. I've also gotten input from fellow instructors as well, so it is not only my opinion.

I can honestly say that my G35 Coupe with the STOCK Brembos, and the DBA Slotted Rotors, pads, lines had better braking ability vs. my NSX. Keep in mind that I have an older 93 model, and the 97 + model NSXes have upgraded brakes. My NSX brakes are stock including the pads....

As to the post about G35s catching up to NSXs... It all depends on driver skill. My last track car was a highly modified Integra Type R and it was the NSXes, C5 Vettes, and Porsche Boxters, that were having a hard time keeping up with me. ;) Driver skill/seat time has alot to do with speed on a track, sometimes more so than the actual car that they are driving.

I'm just trying to be honest from what I have experienced. Don't get me wrong.... I love the NSX... but the brakes on my car have got to go.

Back