• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Info on Black 1998 NSX-T AT JH4NA1265WT000009

I am interested in this '98 NSX-T. If anybody has any info on this car/owner that I should be ware of, Please let me know. I am close to pulling the trigger on this one.
The seller is Michael Lorre, the car is in Houston and advertised here: https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/15633268
You guys gave me great feedback and info on that other black one, a 1996, the seller was a crook. i appreciate the help...Thank you! If this all works out, I'll be one happy owner...

-DREW-

Attachments

• 1998 NSX-T..jpg
    1998 NSX-T..jpg
    98 KB · Views: 233
Yes. Looks pretty good to me...Just want to make sure the seller is legit. -DREW-

Have you spoken to the seller and are going to check the car out in person? I just don't think that website is particularly reputable and/or up-to-date.

NEVERMIND... I can't Supercharge an Automatic... BOOOOOOO!!!!

you either need an auto box or you don't.

At first glance, not a bad deal even for an automatic.

I'm still new to NSX World, so why can't one supercharge an automatic NSX?

I'm sure it can be done... Chris @ SoS said the auto transmission in NSX's are not strong enough to handle the torque generated by a SC. That may not be word for word, but it's along that line as to why. Wade @ SoS said "Automatics do not like power". I don't want to invest the time or funds to get an automatic boosted. I jumped the gun on this one, I didn't immediately see that it is an AT. -DREW-

Did anyone get into contact with the owner? I sent an email asking about availability but have not heard back. I'm looking for an auto as it's a pain to drive manual where I live.

This is the email the seller (Michael Lorre) sent to me:

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 10:12:38 -0500 (EST)
Subject: 1998 Acura NSX-T vehicle ad on Carsforsale.com

It is still for sale and I'm willing to sell it for US $25,600. The car is registered on my name, it has 115,000 miles, the title is clear (VIN - JH4NA1265WT000009 - no lien, accident free) also it drives and runs great. It is located in Houston, TX and I'm selling it because I'm not in US anymore. I live in UK with my family now.

Thanks,
Michael
PS: For more pictures use the link below:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F312FDB181452988!153&authkey=!ABZ4RdYbeaE_jeg&ithint=folder%2cjpg

Prime member rusky, believes the ad is fake... As always- proceed with caution. Good luck, -DREW-</[email protected]>

Last edited:
Ad is a scam, I have bought and sold many motorcycles online, and when they say they are out of the country always a red flag. Also not to sound like a grammar Natzi; but the response has a few grammatical errors that have a certain Nigerian aspect to them LOL. Next step will be for you to deposit some funds, or send shipping costs or something along those lines.

Uh-oh. Looks fakey with that email.....

Back