• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Inner fender liner

I need the fasteners that hold the inner fender liners on the front. Is there any other Honda/Acura that use the same. If it's like any other part I try to buy at my local dealer they're going to say oh for a NSX they are back order 3 months and we'll take your kidney as a deposit :rolleyes:

This Acura dealer has made a name for itself on Prime with good customer service and pricing. Create an account order anything and everything you need. They have really great online parts catalogue with good diagrams. Also, they give you free shipping at checkout by adding in the notes section: "NSXPrime - Free Shipping"

https://www.oemacuraparts.com/

Good luck.

I need the fasteners that hold the inner fender liners on the front. Is there any other Honda/Acura that use the same. If it's like any other part I try to buy at my local dealer they're going to say oh for a NSX they are back order 3 months and we'll take your kidney as a deposit :rolleyes:

Or.......you could take an old one to the local autoparts store and buy them by the bag;). My local NAPA guy has a entire display of all types of these clips, and I did find ones that match pretty damn close.

HTH,
LarryB

Thanks. Larry I will try your option and if I can't find any at the local auto-parts store I will try OEMACURAPARTS but I'm in Canada so will have to see if they would ship here.

Thanks. Larry I will try your option and if I can't find any at the local auto-parts store I will try OEMACURAPARTS but I'm in Canada so will have to see if they would ship here.

Delray ships to Canada no problem; however, you are going to hate the shipping cost for one or two plastic rivets (that's what they call them if they have the center push in part). As Larry B. notes, you can find suitable replacements at lots of places. While doing a brake pad replacement on my car, I discovered that the guys who repainted my front bumper, hood and fenders about 4 years ago neglected to install all of the rivets holding the fan shroud covers in. I was able to find some suitable replacements at Lowes in their hardware isle (they were packaged up by a company called Hillman). In fact the Hillman rivets are better because they screw in rather than just push in. This allows for easy removal. I have about a 30% success rate getting Acura / Honda rivets out without it breaking. No problem getting the Hillman rivets out.

Last edited:
Re: Removing the fasteners with the push centers...You do know that to remove them you push the center IN (further than its normal installed position), right? The fastener can the be removed, the center pin pushed back out to the install position, then pushed back to the center (flush) position to lock it in place.

Re: Removing the fasteners with the push centers...You do know that to remove them you push the center IN (further than its normal installed position), right? The fastener can the be removed, the center pin pushed back out to the install position, then pushed back to the center (flush) position to lock it in place.

Just learned something new...thanks.

The ones left on the car are not the push type but the screw type(see picture). I went to the auto part store today but forgot to bring one from the car. I think they will have one that match but doubt they will have the one in the second picture. I will also need the socket that holds the side marker light(third picture) what are chances they will have that at the auto part store

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

No, I didn't know that and in fact I don't recall seeing any reference to that in the service manual. However, that is an excellent piece of info.

- - - Updated - - -

The ones left on the car are not the push type but the screw type(see picture). I went to the auto part store today but forgot to bring one from the car. I think they will have one that match but doubt they will have the one in the second picture. I will also need the socket that holds the side marker light(third picture) what are chances they will have that at the auto part store

View attachment 125096
View attachment 125097
View attachment 125098

The top photo is of a screw style rivet. Lowes have them and you can probably get them at other auto parts stores. Canadian Tire used to keep a selection; however they seem to be changing their product lines and don't keep stuff like that anymore. You might luck out with some old stock. I am guessing that the retainer on the second item is probably pretty Acura specific and is a dealer only item. However, if push came to shove might be able to substitute a metal U bolt. Cdn Tire and the other auto parts places do keep some sockets in stock. Give them a try. You might also have good luck at an import salvage yard. I expect that items like bulb sockets may be pretty common across different Honda / Acura models.

Last edited:
No, I didn't know that and in fact I don't recall seeing any reference to that in the service manual. However, that is an excellent piece of info.
- - - Updated - - -
Took me about five years mucking about with various Hondas to discover that.

... I am guessing that the retainer on the second item is probably pretty Acura specific and is a dealer only item....
That's also an item it would make much more sense to go to your local Honda* or Acura dealer and order. You might save a buck on such a small item ordering on line but the shipping and handling would be way more, unless you are ordering other stuff at the same time.

*Pretty sure any Honda parts department can order Acura parts. My local one can.

Back