• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Installed SOS sway bars and NSXR chassis bars...

I finished installing those items yesterday on my 97 NSX and now it seems that the front end of my car isn't even, meaning that one side is higher than the other. Could this problem be caused by the sway bars?

Just curious, what makes you think one side is higher? Did you drive the car and then measure it on a flat plane or you are making that assumption after taking it off the jacks with a visual?

And did you install Al Terpak's kit?

Hrant said:
Just curious, what makes you think one side is higher? Did you drive the car and then measure it on a flat plane or you are making that assumption after taking it off the jacks with a visual?

And did you install Al Terpak's kit?

Hi,

I used my fingers to measure the gap between the fender and tire, I can put 3 fingers in on one side and 4 on the other...I drove the car for about 1 mile and it sat over night.

I'm just hoping the springs/shocks didn't settle in yet, plus I can't see how sway bars can affect the height of the car...

I didn't buy his kit, as my car isn't lowered and there is ample space between the NSXR bar and the sway bar.

I might be wrong, but I remembered there were some posts regarding the R bar touching the sway bar, or even pushing the radiator brace??

I would start from checking that, notice any noise on your test drive after the install??

I'd be interested in pics and any more info on where the uneven sway may come from, as I hope to do swaybars in the near future. How does it feel handling wise though? Crisper? Tighter? Better? (subjective I know)

Thanks for your input.

Rob

Back