• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Installed Stack ST8130 Cluster at Niguel Motors today

Shop manual pages 23-122 to 23-125 are a life saver; I just calibrated the cluster today, only items left are to connect the oil temp, oil press, and water temp sensors, and calibrate the fuel tank level.

I am mounting the buttons on the lower kick panel; the SARD pulse converter seems to be working fine, on the SARD manual it specifies nsx is 1/1 ratio, so all 4 internal dip switches are in the 'off' position. Then inside of the stack the pulse conversion is 2 pulses per rev; the drive wheel diameter is then entered in mm, it seems rather accurate, according to GPS.

Thanks for the tip!!

I will be getting rid of the factory dash sensors for temp, oil pressure, etc. and running sensors to my Motec ecu. That way, I will be able to get almost all the info the dash needs via CAN. The only thing I can think of that I will need to run into the dash is fuel level.

Thanks for the tip!!

I will be getting rid of the factory dash sensors for temp, oil pressure, etc. and running sensors to my Motec ecu. That way, I will be able to get almost all the info the dash needs via CAN. The only thing I can think of that I will need to run into the dash is fuel level.

When I had a stack dash in my NSX-R I had it in a custom made panel in the ashtray area.

Cheers,

AR

Not sure what sensors you've got, but it's so good on the track being able to analyze steering and throttle inputs. Only problems we've had is inaccurate fuel readings (replaced sensor, all ok) and the data is showing revs wrong sometimes.

Spent a lot of money on ours but if you want to go from track to race it's essential IMO.

BJ2.jpg

I hate to ask a stupid question but, I visited stacks site and it comes with all sensors but fuel. Do you just use the factory fuel sending unit or is there more you need to buy to make this work properly?

Back