• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Intake manifold information

Curious.. why not run better injectors like Bosch, Denso, or ID?

I prefer deatschwerks over all of those.. RCs are there temporarily because I am changing them when I do my forced induction setup later. They will do just fine for now and I had them laying around the shop anyway. They are only 550s.

Last edited:
I'm not clear on how the DBW is going to work. You mention an adapter plate, is that for the oem TB or another DBW TB? It would be good to have a plug n play option for the TB that's larger- but will all DBW units require the tedious voltage calibration?

I'm not clear on how the DBW is going to work. You mention an adapter plate, is that for the oem TB or another DBW TB? It would be good to have a plug n play option for the TB that's larger- but will all DBW units require the tedious voltage calibration?

I thought I already covered this. I am going to create a dedicated thread for this manifold and give everyone the details. This manifold is going to be made with a D,B,H series throttle body flange (I recommend the Blox 74mm) for the throttle cable NSX applications. For the DBW guys, I will include an adapter plate that will allow the OEM throttle body to be mounted. If you want an aftermarket DBW throttle body that works with current NSX computer then try to find the one Blox made and that will work. Otherwise, you need to run an aftermarket EMS to drive another other DBW throttle body (ex. AEM Infinity). I have already created a PNP Infinity kit that will work for the NA1 and NA2 setups; the DBW setup for the NA2 with the Infinity will include an adapter plate made to allow any DBW throttle body the customer wants (up to a 90MM) with this manifold. The NA1 throttle body will not work with this manifold as the throttle cable setup has been made to be tucked under the plenum and the throttle cable bracket/cable is on the opposite side. Does this make sense now?

- - - Updated - - -

In all seriousness, dmscrx, this is a pretty cool undertaking!

Thank you.

Would anyone know what the clear messurment is between the valve cover to valve cover? bottom to bottom and also top to top.
Thanks Ken

That's exactly how our manifold upgrade kit works, Our 3th group buy is running on the vendor section.

Info topic:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/171258-Intake-manifold-upgrade-kit

NSX%20IM%20Kit%202.jpg
NSX%20IM%20Kit%201.jpg
attachment.php

Better yet anyone have the measurement from inside gasket to inside gasket? should be about 5-3/4" to 6". it would be nice to have the exact size.
I want to mod my current intake but do not want to have the car down to long so with this info in advance it will save some time.
Thanks
Ken

To those that are interested, I have installed the intake manifold on my NSX. I am doing the final fuel delivery tid bits and then it's Dyno time :) Customer cars come first so as soon as I have time to get my results I will fill everyone in.

It will be interesting to see how this stacks up against other intake set-ups.

To those that are interested, I have installed the intake manifold on my NSX. I am doing the final fuel delivery tid bits and then it's Dyno time :) Customer cars come first so as soon as I have time to get my results I will fill everyone in.
Very interested!

Yep looking forward to these results, there has been enough talk over the years of the ITB setup vs one of these, so results will be interesting is an understatement.

Yep looking forward to these results, there has been enough talk over the years of the ITB setup vs one of these, so results will be interesting is an understatement.

I wouldn't count on my manifold making more than a good set of itbs. This will be a cheaper alternative that should make proper gains naturally aspirated while making even more with a forced induction setup.

I wasnt thinking your intake would make more power but it would make more power than what we have without having to go ITB's. So we have another option other than just ITB's. And a good comparison of such.

When will preliminary results come about? I have a friend, as well as I, is are very interested and wants to be in the mix to buy.

Maybe I missed something here, but has anyone actually bench flowed the 2 OEM intake manifold to show CFMs across the RPM range?

Longer and wider intake runners don't always equal to improved HP/TQ if the application isn't optimized for port velocities.

Nah, it's best to just slap something together without any thought to those specifications, make it look like something from star wars and then claim it will make 200 more hp. I've just started working on cars for the first time a couple of months ago and this is my first time ever welding aluminum too!! :)

Back