• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Integra VS. NSX-T

Well by the look of the video, he could have just been out cruising around when the Integra found him...

Besides, how does chassis flex affect acceleration straight-line anyway?? I hardly think it matters...

The NSX's driver doesn't look like he is too interested. However, if that Integra driver would have run into me, I would have given him hell. However, if he is a mid-12s car, he would have given me some trouble.

Cambo said:

Besides, how does chassis flex affect acceleration straight-line anyway?? I hardly think it matters...

Exactly. Duh. Chassis flex would be an issue on a racetrack, but not on the highway in a straight line.

Most Integra's (LS & GSR) will run high 12's or better just with a bolt on kit. i.e. DRAG, Greddy, Rev Hard.

The type-r is a bit tougher to get quick, due to the high comp. ratio vs boost. (unless lower comp. pistons are used)

I had the Greddy kit on my 98 GSR and ran an easy 13.5 @ 106 with street tires and with no tuning the first time to the track for a shake down run.

That video does NOT look like a 2 gear pull, more like a 2k rpm pull!

My car; I lighten it up by 90 lbs. Add an intake/exhaust, and run low 13/13 flat all the times.

Some turbo Integras are pretty quick...but that did not look like a totally fair race...if the NSX was even racing him.

NSXchnk said:
I want to know if the owner is on prime, and why the hell is he racing with the targa top off?
that causes the chassis to flex
I bet this turbo integra is a 12 second

First off, the concept that running the NSX with the targa top off, even on the racetrack, causes some kind of excessive chassis flex is just crap. I ran two full days at VIR (Virginia International Raceway) with the Targa top off and the car did just as well as my subsequent two days at Road Atlanta at NSXPO later that season. The car was no different with the top on or off, even up to 160+mph. Of course, I did have to turn the CD player up louder at 160 mph with the targa top off in order to hear my favorite Dr. Dre tunes while jamming through the turns. :)

As far as the NSX being "beaten" by the Integra, I have to agree with the other posts that this "rolling start" wannabe has got to be a chance encounter with the NSX not trying all that hard. Somewhere out there I am sure there is a guy in a Honda Civic that has tape of him beating me off the line when I had my Porsche 911 Twin Turbo too. Not every minute on the road in spent trying my best to outrun any and all motorists. :)

Get a car... then get a life. :)

T Bell said:

That video does NOT look like a 2 gear pull, more like a 2k rpm pull!

I'd say its a legitimate what? 60 punch? 50 punch? If the NSX wasn't racing then OH WELL.

Besides the punch starts at 0:08 seconds. And the video is 27 seconds long. How do you NOT go through 2 gears in 19 seconds. You have two seriously slow cars if that's true. (or you were cruising at 120 mph to begin with, which i doubt since you can see how slowly the light posts are moving in the first few seconds of the video)

Back