• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

iphone 6

Ordered a 6+ 64GB a couple of days ago. They AT&T site says expect delivery in 28 - 35 days. From what I read, It will be shipped earlier.

We got the 6 today. I really like the size. I think you could easily get a 5" screen on there if they made the bezels smaller.

Yeah, I don't get Apple's love of the massive bezel. I was commenting on this back in the iPhone 4 days -- they could fit the screen of an iPhone 5 into a 4 chassis, if they only made the bezels smaller. Stuff like this is coming with practically no bezel at all:

LG-demonstrates-5-inch-display-with-1mm-bezel.jpg

And it looks really cool.

I think that would be a horrible design idea. :) You'd be forced to only lay the phone flat in your hand so as to avoid unwanted screen touches by your fingers that are (trying to) hold the phone. Plus for those of us who prefer a case, it could make for impossible permiter protection while still allowing swipes from outside of the screen area into the screen area. I don't get Apple's love of minimalism to the point of overkill in their iOS, OS, and thin delicate designs. :) To each their own I suppose!

Lisa

Actually only Jobs went to PARC and he was dragged there by Jef Raskin. Apple leased the STAR technology to build the Lisa (named after his 1st daughter). The Mac used ideas from STAR, but took a completely different approach. Another point always missed by pundits is Apple was already working on a Lisa and Mac project before Jobs ever went to PARC. Jobs loved the GUI, but missed the OOP and Network side of STAR. Gates only understood he needed to counter Jobs. His Windows was, and still is shit, but he made it successful so hats off to him. Another point that is always missed is after Jobs left Apple and founded NeXT, his OS, SDK, and networking all are part of todays OS. MacOSX and laier IOS is the evolution of NeXT. Now that Steve is gone, the tech industry has gone flat. Bigger screens and a faster chip are fine, but nothing is new and exciting anymore. I just hope F1 can see this and dump that hybrid crap and build great cars again. Green cars, like bigger cell phone screens are going to move things forward.

Back