• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is it just me???

Let's not generalize here. Not every Z buyer is a trend follower, just like not every X owner is an exclusitivity chaser. I'm sure there are many X & Z enthusiasts (like myself) who are not into the "hot" thing/item of the moment; we simply like those cars because they appeal to us aesthetically/emotionally.

Liking the NSX and Z (or any other car) aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. If you're a car nut, you're going to like what you like. No one else's opinion is going to change that. Besides, you can't really compare the NSX to a mass produced car, even the Z. The NSX was designed & engineered without any compromises, whereas the Z had to be made to be financially and production-line viable.

So who cares what other people like/don't like, or have/don't have. Buy what suits you and feel free to state your opinions, but I know that I couldn't build a car as nice as the Z (let alone the NSX).

This is a really personal thing that goes directly to core personality. For me, if the NSX were on every corner, I can't honestly say that it wouldn't diminish the feeling I get from the NSX. I think it probably would. It would still be a great car that I would love, respect and admire, but I probably would have bought a Lotus.

It's got nothing to do with what other people do or think either. Trust me when I say that being raised in Brooklyn, you don't exactly end up real worried about other people's opinion of you. It's just an internal desire to have something a little different. I think Blue Knight and I are probably on pretty similar wavelengths.

well said...i don't care what other people thinks about the way i feel cuz it's personal and unique.

liking things that are different will certainly get more comments from others but that never stopped me in the past 27 years of my life.

"I think Blue Knight and I are probably on pretty similar wavelengths"

i'm sending telepathic messages to you now, spookyp...can u read me? ;)

I saw a Z a couple of weeks ago; it got my attention, but didnt' get my heart racing like an NSX.

It looked nice, although i think it will go out of fashion (it's not timeless) ... and from a side-on, i thought it looked a lot like an Audi.

bottom line: the NSX comes with a chick-magnet; the Z doesn't. :D

NeoNSX said:

bottom line: the NSX comes with a chick-magnet; the Z doesn't. :D

Actually, I get more attention from men than the fairer sex.

There's an on-going joke I had with my then-girlfriend who was concerned about the attention I may get from women: "I can get any guy's phone number I want with this car." :D

The problem I have with the 350Z is that its styling is derivative; it has cues from other cars such as the Audi TT. The front headlights also remind me of the current Celica's.

I can't stand derivative styling.

I agree with the general observation here in that they are becoming dime a dozen. The curiosity will soon die down as they become available for viewing at each and every urban intersection and shopping mall...

Vytas said:
Fast forward to April 2003 and AutoNews.com reports that Ford has a GLUT of these cars .

How true this is... Drove by a local Ford dealer and saw at least 10 of these things lined up at the front of the lot.

And boy, are they ugly!!!

My good friend works for Nissan Corp and his job is to "qualify" potential big wigs to open Nissan/Infiniti dealerships in the tri-state area, so he's way up the corporate ladder. Anyways, 4 months ago he helped me to test drove the 350z and g35, as a potential daily driver replacements for my SUV. IMO the G35 coupe is way more elgant/refined and feels sturdier with the wider wheel base. But i have to admit the 350z is alot of car for 30-34k. G35 at that time was asking for nearly $39-42k were a 350z could be had for around 30k.

What is interesting is that my friend said Nissan "needs" the 350z to put them back up as a major player. In order to do so they want to produce as many 350z's as there are Ford Mustangs! :eek: Also they have restricted dealerships to keep prices very near cost so they can move volume. Looks like its working because as you all stated they are EVERYWHERE!!!

I'm glad that I didn't buy one cuz on my street (only 20 homes) there are now 3 brand new z's. ALL are SILVER.

Great car for its own category but not an NSX.

BTW my Friend says they are "considering" bringing out a Turbo version ( in case enthusiasm dies out and they need another marketing tool).

Ed

8000RPM said:
Hey bro, I intercepted your message to spookyp...

Wow, you write Chinese pretty well... :D

seeing all these new cars that come and go just makes me appreciate my NSX more....truly a timeless piece.

8000: i'm pretty sure i've sent my messages telepathically in english....u must have a telepathic translator or intercepted signals from china!! ;)

This is the first of the Z cars that I thought was ugly.

The biggest reason I will not buy one is that Nissan, believe it or not, is majority owned by the French. So I chose to boycot.

Low Cost Oil Change

Blue Knight said:
What other exotic sports car can get an oil change for $20?? (ok, $20 is pushing it, but you guys know what I'm talking about....)

I don't know about that. I had my last oil change done at an independant shop here in very expensive Southern California, by a factory trained and certified tech who also owns a 95 NSX and goes to many of our get togethers for a grand total of $30 including Castrol Syntec and OEM filter!:cool:

Joel said:
Actually, I get more attention from men than the fairer sex.There's an on-going joke I had with my then-girlfriend who was concerned about the attention I may get from women: "I can get any guy's phone number I want with this car." :D

ROFL... ROFL... i gotta remember that one!!! :D

<B>8000RPM: I can't stand derivative styling.</B>

i'm with you on that... except that means you must hate the NSX coz it 'copied' the vette Z06. :D ;)

What happens if you send a telepathic message, and the other person is busy or asleep? Do you have a tele-mail system? :p

Murano - Thanks Ken

...but at least now, morons everywhere know that they have a car that's named after them. ...but at least now, morons everywhere know that they have a car that's named after them.

Ken(NSXTASY),

This is a true story. My brother is the lead designer of the Murano for Nissan North America. He has been quoted in the many of the new car mags about the unique design. He also named the car.

Please remove the shoe lace from your mouth after your shoe. I would not like you to choke on it.

Rod

Re: Murano - Thanks Ken

HotRod said:
Ken(NSXTASY),

This is a true story. My brother is the lead designer of the Murano for Nissan North America. He has been quoted in the many of the new car mags about the unique design. He also named the car.

Please remove the shoe lace from your mouth after your shoe. I would not like you to choke on it.

Rod

Relax HotRod, Ken was just ragging on Blue Knight for misspelling it as "morono".:rolleyes:

>>> What is interesting is that my friend said Nissan "needs" the 350z to put them back up as a major player. In order to do so they want to produce as many 350z's as there are Ford Mustangs!

He's exactly right. Remember, Nissan is trying to recover from practically a near-death experience not so long ago. It was either get some serious volume in some models, or die.

Ya know, Nissan started out pretty well in earlier days. However, there was a period there of a decade or so (give or take a few years) when Nissan shipped some pathetically horrible excuses for automobiles. I can remember renting some that were as bad as anything I've ever driven. I just don't think I could ever forgive them for building some of those cars and buy one of their current products (aside from the fact that I really don't like their design philosophies either). I guess I figure there's no way they could have possible caught up by now given how far behind they were in those dark days (which nearly closed their doors). Having said that, they're obviously succeeding in getting some volume out on the streets now, so maybe they're doing some things right. Time will tell how these models actually hold up. I figure in terms of engineering excellence they may be catching up with Mazda, and might someday approach Toyota, but will likely never even see Honda's rear bumper.

- Richard

I think the 350Z is pretty nice. Not as nice as the 300ZX, but it's a great car.

Nissan is really building some great cars. I drove a friend's Altima and was really surprised by how nice that car drove.

I think everyone have to admit that Nissan's really shaking up the common everday cars and making them into really drivable cars.

NSX_Dreamer said:
I think everyone have to admit that Nissan's really shaking up the common everday cars and making them into really drivable cars.
Amen. I for one think the automotive industry is better off for having them around than without. And their V6 engine is definitely one nice piece of technology.

Although I think they really screwed up on the whole nissan.com thing though..

Re: Re: Murano - Thanks Ken

Bryan said:
Relax HotRod, Ken was just ragging on Blue Knight for misspelling it as "morono".:rolleyes:

sorry Bryan, i must take this off my shoulders.....Ken misspelled it on purpose himself to play a bit of humor on the subject. check our original posts. i laughed and gave him credit for such humor...... ;)

Re: Murano - Thanks Ken

HotRod said:
Ken(NSXTASY),

Rod
But come on. So what if Ken really did not like the Murano? Do we have to watch for whose brothers designed what cars on the list? BTW, is the Viper designer's relatives on the list too? Being "unique" does not mean a thing. I personally can tell you that the Murano is not the best looking SUV around nor do I think the NSX flawless. To each his own.
Steve

But come on. So what if Ken really did not like the Murano? Do we have to watch for whose brothers designed what cars on the list? BTW, is the Viper designer's relatives on the list too?

I really wasn't pissed off about the "morono" comment. However, I think it is good to give Ken a few little jabs here and there just to keep him honest. I do appreciate his input into the forum including that April Fool's joke.

My brother probably has one of the most amazing jobs on the planet. He runs one of the design teams for Nissan/Infiniti here in Southern California. Interestingly enough, he got the job after a human resources person overheard him in line at McDonald's saying that he would like to work in the car industry. An MBA and number cruncher by trade, he works with the Japanese manufacturers to decide on the all those little details that go into the final product. He travels to Japan once or twice a month. Details like bumper design, dashboard configuration and color names are part of his work. He's been involved with models ranging from the Frontier pickup to the new Z car. I've been proud of him because of the way Nissan has turned around their section of the market. I think their cars have really trounced the designs of other companies especially in the small sedan market. His job is a far cry from doing root canals all day.

Rod

Back