• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is there any aftermaket antenna for the NSX to replace the stock one?

I believe the unit has a built in amp. Don't know if you can add one to it. I don't have a problem as long as i am in a city, but notice when driving between cities that i lose reception sooner then before

------------------
92 Red/Blk

I have to agree with Fang, it looks too aftermarket on the great lines of the NSX, disconnect the factoy one and hide one behind the rug, besides most of the time you are listening to cds or tapes.

Originally posted by MiamieNeSeX:
I have to agree with Fang, it looks too aftermarket on the great lines of the NSX, disconnect the factoy one and hide one behind the rug, besides most of the time you are listening to cds or tapes.

Really I think the Zendar antenna complements the lines of the NSX and makes the car look more attractive.

FYI, the S2K stub antenna, to each his own I guess.

antena4.jpg

[This message has been edited by fangtl (edited 20 September 2002).]

I put an aftermarket retactable antenna on my car for $50. Added the smartenna so it stays down while listening to CDs. The reason I replaced the stock antenna was it was broken and I wasn't going to pay Acura $500 to fix it. Couldn't find one at junkyard. I bought a Hirschman antenna through ebay, they have one right now for $39.90

Just type in nsx antenna in the search box, you will find it.

I'd go with the smart antenna. That stubbie antenna looks awkward. I also agree that it takes away from the nsx lines.

Paul

NormRD,
Just got my racing Zendar today. Was your pretty difficult in switching the angle. Mine wont budge and the instructions are not clear on how to move it. Is there a switch of something?

Back