• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is this a good idea??

i'm not sure about frame damage, but it looks like the car has one of evo575's front bumpers with 2002+ lower shape for 1991-2001 flip up lights. members in the area may know this car...

Why don't you just ask the seller if the frame is damage. There is nothing in those photos that identifies frame damage or not. I do wonder on how the left rear wheel spokes broke off. Good luck on finding a project car.

This is (was) NSXrebel's car. He is still active on the Prime. He does not have an NSX anymore. Insurance screwed him and he could replace trhe car with what they gave him. He now lives in Cherry Point, NC.

Here is the Salvage report from the WIKI section:

JH4NA115XPT000449 1993 Black / Black - Totaled in Jan 2009 by Geico Ins Oxnard, CA. Damage to Left + Right Fender, Front Bumper, Hood, Headlights, Left & Right Fenders, Rear Bumper, Rear Deck Lid, Exhaust, Wheel, Broken Axle, Rear Suspension etc. The front left of the nose hit the inner barrier first and that sent the car back and forth between the barriers on a bridge. All body panels damaged but doors. No air bag deployment. Info from thread in Owners Discussion

Contact him if you want. He may know more about the actual damage. I had been in touch with him before he was moving out to NC as he was moving on 20 miles from me. 5 days before his move ... this wreck happened. I think Ins gave him low teens for the car.

PM him if you want. Great guy. I also bought a CF hood from him.

Last edited:
Dang. That was a nice car. Why are there no pics of the engine? Better ask if it's still there before you buy.

Back