• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is your NSX your daily driver ?

Is your NSX your daily driver ?

• Total voters
I would drive it daily but the speed bumps at the parking garage at my work location are just too dangerous. (No lift kit. Yet :wink:) Every weekend with good weather.

Last edited:
Every car I have ever had that was a daily driver was exciting to own at first, but after a while it just became “a car”, nothing special, just, “a car”. The thing I love about not daily driving the NSX is that every single time I get in it, I get that new car excitement feeling… and that’s pretty impressive after 9 years of ownership.

-Steve

......The thing I love about not daily driving the NSX is that every single time I get in it, I get that new car excitement feeling… -Steve

That's exactly how I feel about mine, which I drive every day!!

I will actually drive my kids to school in the morning and pick up my NSX to drive to work. Adds about 10 extra minutes but well worth it. 243,000 miles and climbing!

I will actually drive my kids to school in the morning and pick up my NSX to drive to work. Adds about 10 extra minutes but well worth it. 243,000 miles and climbing!

Do you keep your NSX in a storage unit?

I work from home 90% of the time... but if it's nice out I definitely take it out to lunch (everyday), and my wife and I most likely take it to dinner (everyday)... and I usually find an excuse to go for 1 more ride.
Although I've only had mine for 3 days LOL! But I'm sure this will be an every day thing!

I absolutely LOVE driving the NSX.
Even when I'm in a traffic jam, just being in it is fine with me (I prefer some movement though).

However, where I live fuel prices for 98 Octane have now reached the equivalent of US$ 9.00 per US Gallon, so driving 60 miles at day just for work becomes a bit expensive over time.
So I treat myself to perhaps one or two days per week for work related distances and then of course the weekends :smile:

mine's not ,but probably should be,since my dd gets about 12 mpg,making my nsx my "economy car." i work 3 blocks from home,so don't drive to work much anyway,and when i do,my parking is by a dumpster behind a bike shop.

so,i daily drive my nsx 2-3 times a week,mostly from my house to nowhere and back to my house,on days when there's a less than zero percent chance of rain.

To those that said 'No"....

"WHY not?"

"WHY not?"

Thunderstorms in the mid west = Hail no no. Plus when I don't drive it and see it in the garage everyday it builds up that anticipation. So when the 1 - 3 times a week happen its an even bigger treat than if I drove it everyday. Winters gives me that twitch and being deployed right now really builds up the urge to want to drive it.

"WHY not?"

Because I bought the car as a toy and not a commuter. I have 3 cars in my house including my wife's car and my daily driver.. we have winter and salted roads 5 months of the year... I only want to associate the car with things I enjoy, 94 Octane ain' t cheap, I want to mod the car and keep up with my other hobbies like electronics, video games and sports (both playing and going to games). So I do all in moderation and stretch my dollar. Can't pluck a tree for money you know (though I wish I could) :D

drive it daily, usually 2-10 miles. take it on the interstate to blow it out 3-4 times a week. seat skins and mats are new and always covered with a towel. never parked next to another car even if i have to walk several blocks. also, always covered when it's outside. knock on wood, i've never had anyone spit on it or otherwise mess with it either. like semnos_nsx said, every time i get in it, it's like a new car feeling. wouldn't trade that for anything..

"WHY not?"

Mostly because I drive downtown, commuter traffic & worst of all park in a parking garage where my DD gets door dings. People park to close and at weird angles. I have driven it a few times when I could park on the street, parallel parking.

And as Nukem mentioned, Midwest thunderstorms with hail. Hail is bad news for cars, especially when it gets golf ball sized or larger. And our winters. My tires are for summer and wider than stock. So she rests for the winter.

In addition there is the law of diminishing returns I learned about in economics. The law refers to how every additional unit of input you put in leads to lesser and lesser additional output. Which basically means there comes a time when you reach a point where something becomes less satisfying in this instance. There are other instances where it applies to business, manufacturing, farming, etc.

I still love every time I get it out and take it for a drive. I plan to get it out more often this summer. Maybe with Nukem and a few of the other Primer's in the area.

Oh c'mon Dan, are you still driving to U Street? :smile:
hah, no I would probably be ok there. Its all the construction they have been doing on 12th street and 9th that stopped me. To be honest, its the drivers also - its a bit of a jungle with the taxis, buses and double parkers. With my SUV, I can be a bit more aggressive and city drive with the animals but I am far too spooked to do that with the NSX.

I try to ride my bike at the beach almost every day which interferes with my daily usage of the NSX----- so I'm thinking about putting a trailer hitch on the "X" to accommodate the bike rack :biggrin:

I cant see not driving it daily, if I go a day not driving it and take out "the ultimate driving machine" I yearn for the X. It truely makes everything an adventure, trips to the grocery store and commutes to work are enjoyable experiences because I get to drive the X.

I drive mine once or twice during the week to work and nearly every weekend. I don't mind miles but don't like it sitting in a parking lot all day at work. I don't drive in snow and rarely in rain. Why rain? Because I don't want to clean it. That said, I mind a lot less now that I discovered AMMO NYC Hydrate. If I am stuck in the rain I just wipe the rain off when I get home. Great product.

I put about 300-400 miles a year on mine..

Mostly because I drive downtown, commuter traffic & worst of all park in a parking garage where my DD gets door dings. People park to close and at weird angles. I have driven it a few times when I could park on the street, parallel parking.

And as Nukem mentioned, Midwest thunderstorms with hail. Hail is bad news for cars, especially when it gets golf ball sized or larger. And our winters. My tires are for summer and wider than stock. So she rests for the winter.

In addition there is the law of diminishing returns I learned about in economics. The law refers to how every additional unit of input you put in leads to lesser and lesser additional output. Which basically means there comes a time when you reach a point where something becomes less satisfying in this instance. There are other instances where it applies to business, manufacturing, farming, etc.

I still love every time I get it out and take it for a drive. I plan to get it out more often this summer. Maybe with Nukem and a few of the other Primer's in the area.

Have to shoot you, Paul, Shawn and the others about another gathering this summer.

Back