• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is your NSX your daily driver ?

Is your NSX your daily driver ?

• Total voters
Im currently in the market for one but it won't be a daily. more like a weekend driver as I have a prius. I join this forum just to search for one.

Insured or self-insured doesn't make any difference. You are dealing with tort law and liability. The responsible party owes to "make you whole". The insurer (or self-insurer) stands in place of the responsible party

Thanks, I haven't heard anything back from my insurance company after nearly 2 months, so I'm assuming they're working through it. I mean it is the federal government that they're dealing with, not exactly the most efficient machine.

The guy that hit me is a full bird Colonel and has a 69 vette that he did a frame up restore on and told me that he will help legal get involved if I have any issue with my lost value claim.

Through rain and snow and... hail. Looking for paintless dent repair options =(

First owner put 10K on the clock, Second 9K... I put the next 100K on it. Only advice is do the timing belt and if it looks like rain put the top back on. The theory of driving fast enough that the rain goes right over the top doesn't work... twice. Great cars, I'd buy another and use as a daily if I could afford it.

Using it as a daily for me has been super-easy. Our kids are grown and 1000+ miles from home. We have friends with SUVs and pickups, but I can rent an F350 for 75 minutes from Home Depot for $20 (and I do a few times a year), and my wife only works (volunteers, actually) outside the house 1 day a week, so if one of our cars is in the shop we can usually manage. It's been over 10 years since we had a car with a back seat.

I could afford another car, but really can't see the need. When it's time to trade in her SLK, we might look for something with a back seat. Still want a folding roof, though.

I don't daily mine only for the fact of I ride around in a service van. Otherwise, I'd make my appointments 100% on time. Like the wolf does in his nsx from pulp fiction.

my first post on here...been following the site for a long while now, however.

- I drive a '92 miata to work mon-fri
- my '02 S2000 fri and sat
- my '92 NSX on sunday mornings to the gym.

what makes this all fun for me is the progression of driving experience--from the weekdays of low power/good handling to more power/great handling by the end of the week. btw, love my nsx...

I drive it whenever I can as long as the weather is cooperating, including to work & errands. I suppose that makes it a daily driver, of sorts.

No. I want the time that I spend in the car to be while partaking in enjoyable activities during reasonably nice weather (e.g. group drives with other NSX drivers in the Chicago area or other trips), not spent sitting in stop-and-go traffic going to work or wondering if the driver of the car next to me in the grocery store parking lot is going to put a ding in my door while I'm gone. It also isn't driven during our lousy winters (lots of snow/ice, road salt and spring potholes). That's why I have the Ford Fusion.:smile:

Back