• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is your NSX your daily driver ?

Is your NSX your daily driver ?

• Total voters
I drive mine on weekends usually starting Friday afternoon and I take at least one long driving trip/year. My 91 NSX traveled to Ohio twice and N.C. twice. It also enjoyed the Smokys and the Dragon's Tail. This year NSXPO (1st time) and The Keys over the Christmas/New Year holidays. Though, technically the Orange Unicorn will have had three long trips if you include the drive home from D.C. when I bought it. I've learned recently that life is too short not to enjoy the people and things we are blessed with.

Last edited:
I drive mine on weekends usually starting Friday afternoon and I take at least one long driving trip/year. My 91 NSX traveled to Ohio twice and N.C. twice. It also enjoyed the Smokys and the Dragon's Tail. This year NSXPO (1st time) and The Keys over the Christmas/New Year holidays. Though, technically the Orange Unicorn will have had three long trips if you include the drive home from D.C. when I bought it. I've learned recently that life is too short not to enjoy the people and things we are blessed with.

Ed,

You are spot on.

These are special cars (this coming from an owner of the second least rare NSX on the US (1991 Berlina black/black)).

I thoroughly enjoyed a drive with my 16 year old daughter today and realized how blessed I am to own such a remarkable vehicle.

Catching a motorcycle from behind = fun

Catching a second = priceless (he pulled over to let us pass).

We are blessed to own such remarkable machines.

Enjoy,

Matt

No it's not but I will start driving it 2 to 3 time a weeks when the new wheels comes in. :biggrin:

Time to enjoy it! :wink:

It's a daily driver for me. Although since I have lowered it, its a bit harder to get around -__-

Mine threw a CEL after a week of serious daily driving (I moved). It's a weekend car now. Got a Jetta for commuting to work.

I've put 15K miles on the car since purchasing it in December. I think I'm on track to have 30K miles driven on it by the time we celebrate it's first anniversary with me.

I'm fighting it, to make matters a little more convoluted. I was hit by an individual in a government vehicle, so I wasn't able to initiate the DV claim against their insurance (since they're technically 'self-insured'). Waiting to see how that plays out.

Insured or self-insured doesn't make any difference. You are dealing with tort law and liability. The responsible party owes to "make you whole". The insurer (or self-insurer) stands in place of the responsible party

I drive mine about two days a week to work or on the weekend. I have to choose between my beater (CRV), my NSX, or my 1000hp street CRX. I want to give all of my girls the attention they deserve :) I have put about 2.5k on my NSX since I purchased it in March. I get carried away with the cruising sometimes.. I always take the long way to places haha.

I drive mine all the time. Tomorrow I am leaving and taking it to Canada and back, so probably adding another 1,500 miles to the odometer this week. That will be about 3,500 miles in just the past month alone. I love this car, and won't be able to enjoy it after I die, so I am driving it every chance I get. :)

Well not driving your NSX is like not boinking ur GF so she can be snug for the next guy.....

- - - Updated - - -

Mine threw a CEL after a week of serious daily driving (I moved). It's a weekend car now. Got a Jetta for commuting to work.

U got an unreliable car for work?

Mine has been a daily driver for the past 12 years and I'm currently north of 185k miles. Been on Prime for probably 12 or 13 years and this daily driver discussion comes up time and again. I've always been of the mindset similar to Batmans post above, but today I saw a summary from a new book The Top Five Ways to Turn Money into Happiness (http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/...he-top-five-ways-to-turn-money-into-happiness) and it purports to delve into the things that make us happy. Their point #2 is "Make it a treat" where they say "When wonderful things are constantly available, we become less able to appreciate them. Limiting access to the things we like best helps renew our capacity for pleasure" which presumably suggests that us daily drivers aren't actually appreciating the car as much as the ones who take it out on special occasions. So, to extend Batmans analogy, I presume its like saying that we'd get more appreciation from having sex once a week (as an example) than every day .. which I think it sort of a 'quality over quantity' argument. It's not exactly in the same category as 'saving her for the next guy' but I can see some validity in the argument .. but there must be an optimum point somewhere in between the extremes.

Who said you have to clean it? Mine has not been washed in months...

This, from the guy who disassembled much of his car to clean it.

And even if the NSX market colapses, I'm pretty sure I could still recover more than 80% of the price I paid for mine. Not bad after nearly 3 years of ownership (and counting).

Mine was purchased 15 years ago (stock) for about what stock ones sell for today. When you consider the dollar has lost over 30% of it's value in that time frame (vehicle would have had to increase in dollar-denominated value almost 50% over those 15 years to keep up with inflation) and the cost of maintenance...it certainly is no investment. With mods this is even more so (much more money into mods than I'd get out). Still, far better than most sports cars.

Last edited:
Mine has been a daily driver for the past 12 years and I'm currently north of 185k miles. Been on Prime for probably 12 or 13 years and this daily driver discussion comes up time and again. I've always been of the mindset similar to Batmans post above, but today I saw a summary from a new book The Top Five Ways to Turn Money into Happiness (http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/...he-top-five-ways-to-turn-money-into-happiness) and it purports to delve into the things that make us happy. Their point #2 is "Make it a treat" where they say "When wonderful things are constantly available, we become less able to appreciate them. Limiting access to the things we like best helps renew our capacity for pleasure" which presumably suggests that us daily drivers aren't actually appreciating the car as much as the ones who take it out on special occasions. So, to extend Batmans analogy, I presume its like saying that we'd get more appreciation from having sex once a week (as an example) than every day .. which I think it sort of a 'quality over quantity' argument. It's not exactly in the same category as 'saving her for the next guy' but I can see some validity in the argument .. but there must be an optimum point somewhere in between the extremes.

You lost me right about here: "we'd get more appreciation from having sex once a week (as an example) than every day"

NOT

This, from the guy who disassembled much of his car to clean it.

LOL! True. I guess I operate on extremes sometimes. Unless I have time to clean it all in depth and in detail, I don't do anything until I can do it properly. :)

This cartoon is PERFECT. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Too damn funny. Yes, I daily drive mine in Honolulu, which is consistently rated in the top 3 worst traffic cities in the US. But, I can't imagine not enjoying my dream car every day of my life. My Harley turned into a garage queen, made me sad, to see something beautiful be a dust collector, so I sold it. I'll always daily NSX.

I purchased my NSX in Chicago ( I live in the Houston metro area) 5 years ago with 31K miles on the clock. It's been my daily driver ever since (before that was my Lotus Esprit S4S for 2-1/2 years). I just turned 118K miles and wondered if it was time for a new vehicle. But after careful consideration I couldn't think of another car I be as happy in every day. So I just spent $13k in repairs and upgrades and plan to drive it for another 100K miles. I can't think of another automobile that offers the same measure of stunning looks, outstanding performance and solid reliability as the NSX.

Dennis

I switch between my Civic and my NSX for daily driving. Mostly depends on which one needs work or is being worked on.
Mostly, the Civic gets used for work because I have to park out in a huge lot under the sun. If there was a parking deck or somewhere to park with decent shade, then I would drive the NSX every day!

Back