• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ito and the next "Supercar"

I will not colour this with my own opinions, but just a snipet from a recent comments attributed to Ito in Road & Track.

Enthusiasts may mourn the company’s decision last year to exit Formula 1 and to kill the NSX super sports car. Ito said it was a difficult decision to make, but one that was necessary due to the current economic climate. As one of the fathers of the original NSX, Ito was particularly pained by the turn of events, but he believes that Honda will again build a 2-seat supercar, not one powered by a V-10 engine, but rather one employing the FCX fuel-cell technology. [My emphasis]

http://www.roadandtrack.com/column/research-as-a-way-of-life

I'm a greeny type myself, but the thing that bothers me the most with this is, where is the aural pleasure one derives from our cars going to come from??

I will not colour this with my own opinions, but just a snipet from a recent comments attributed to Ito in Road & Track.

Enthusiasts may mourn the company’s decision last year to exit Formula 1 and to kill the NSX super sports car. Ito said it was a difficult decision to make, but one that was necessary due to the current economic climate. As one of the fathers of the original NSX, Ito was particularly pained by the turn of events, but he believes that Honda will again build a 2-seat supercar, not one powered by a V-10 engine, but rather one employing the FCX fuel-cell technology. [My emphasis]

http://www.roadandtrack.com/column/research-as-a-way-of-life

I'm a greeny type myself, but the thing that bothers me the most with this is, where is the aural pleasure one derives from our cars going to come from??

Sorry guy but Ito has no plans for it and was not pained at all by the decision he made to kill the NSX successor. He openly admitted to killing the V10 car and gave attitude when Toyota dropped on him the LFA and he showed up with the LFA.

I heard his speech at the NAIAS at there was no mention of sport. He was the co-developer of the CRX and that was the car he choose to keep. That and the ZDX. All the while saying fuel economy is a driving issue.

As far as Ito is concerned the CRZ is Hondas new sports car:rolleyes:

Back