• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

it's a nsx!

Most of the known world is blissfully ignorant of such things. Thank goodness they are - it means more for us.

you don't know how many people have told me "wow, nice porsche", or "nice Audi TT" or "is that the lexus convertable (sc430)"

people are just stupid

18046sigZ.jpg

rodH said:
you don't know how many people have told me "wow, nice porsche", or "nice Audi TT" or "is that the lexus convertable (sc430)"

people are just stupid

18046sigZ.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------
That funny!!!

rodH said:

people are just stupid

18046sigZ.jpg

yeah the 350Z convertible when I first saw I was like WTF is that...it looks maybe like a Z but not...does it have a longer wheelbase like the G35C? It doesn;t look nearly as short as the Z coupe

I think people do not know what an NSX is b/c they are just not seen a lot. I have seen only 12-15 in my entire life. Of course I know what it is but most people do not. Yeah they know what a Porsche is or a Vette, but they look at an NSX and think is that a Ferarri or what? They are just rare. When my Dad and I go out in the NSX people are turning heads to look at it like crazy b/c they are almost unheard of around here. But is so much fun to see guys in their Vettes who already think they are hot sh$t see the NSX and damn near start drooling. You feel like saying yeah it's a lot better than your dime a dozen car.:D

When I bought mine I had never seen one on the road, (only once in a dealer), and I had never driven one. Since I've owned it I've seen 2 other NSX's.

Generally, when someone local to my area asks me what kind of car it is, they start bey saying something like 'I've seen you around quite a lot'. Then they ask what kind of car it is.

I think the locals have come to the conclusion that it is not a car they are familiar with, i.e., Vette, Porche, F-car, or Lambo. In my neck of the woods, one sees F-cars and Lambos more than NSX's.

I used to live in Overland Park

In your neck of the woods (or the KC metro area in general), seeing an exotic car really is quite a rarity. I'm moving back to KC in a month to work as an intern at DST for the summer again.

Matt

Re: I used to live in Overland Park

slashmatt said:
...seeing an exotic car really is quite a rarity. ...
That's quite correct. However, since I have lived here (Overland Park), I have seen more F-cars and Lambos than NSX's.

satan_srv said:
yeah the 350Z convertible when I first saw I was like WTF is that...it looks maybe like a Z but not...does it have a longer wheelbase like the G35C? It doesn;t look nearly as short as the Z coupe

same wheelbase, the cab looks jacked up when the top is up, you lose that sweet rear C-pillar and clean lines. Not a fan of cabs, esp in the Z

rodH said:

people are just stupid

Yep. Hey, look at me. I bought 2 cars that nobody knows what they are! :)

Attachments

• 6d_3comp.jpg
    6d_3comp.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 665
Once you go black, you can never go back!

jaytip nsx said:
TWO black cars,you must be a glutton for punishment ;)

Yep, now that I am almost "40", all my cars from now on will be black until the big long one that they haul my butt away in. :)

They are awesome when they are clean.

I bought an NSX for two reasons.

(1) great trackcar
(2) there are more Ferrari's, Porsche's, etc on the roads here than NSX's. There are 4 in town, and 3 of the four are close friends, and we all bought them around the same time cause they were our dreamcar. I like how "rare" they are. That is a benefit.

First thing I would do if I bought a 350Z...

Shave the door handles...

I was driving around in a area with a lot of people walking around this past week. As i drove past this little kid, probably 10 or so, on the opposite side of the street, i hear "OH Sh*TTT, it's a lamborghini!!" I laughed out loud, but i hope his mom taught him a lesson for cursing and thinking my car was a lamborghini :p You have the understand most people aren't very car savy, but the can recognize when they see a super car by it's looks. So it makes sense that they assume it's some sort of well known super car make like Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini. I don't think many people know Acura made a super car competitor. The car has Acura symbols on it and I've still had a ton of people ask me who makes it heh.

By far the number 1 question I'm asked is "how much was it?" That seems a little strange to me. Do other people get that a lot? Do people ask ferrari owners that a lot? Maybe they have no idea how much it costs and it just looks like a really expensive car?

Back