• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

It's Been a Long Way....But I'm Back

For just about one year I have gone NSXless. I have to say for that year I could not stop regretting the day my 1995 Formula Red / Ebony with 8,900 miles drove away from my house the day I sold it. A very sad day.

At the time I thought the 2006 Silverstone Metallic S2000 would hold me over and satisfy my driving needs. In the Spring I got the Sports Car Bug again and bought a 2004 Silver Gray Metallic BMW M3 SMG with 12,500 miles. Although a very nice car.... no comparison to the NSX. I drove the M3 500 miles all summer, put nice wheels on it, great exhaust system and still couldn't stop thinking about the NSX Days.

It was about August when I decided enough was enough and started looking for a 02+. The criteria was somewhat specific! New Formula Red, Manual Transmission, Ebony or Camel Interior, NO PAINTWORK, Minimal Interior Wear, Original Window Sticker, Private Owner (a plus), less than 10,000 miles.

My journey took me on 13 search engines daily and hours of phone calls all over the country. I think Mike aka ‘The Kid’ was getting sick of the phone calls for advice (thanks Mike).

I traveled too! My first stop was in Upper Saddle River, New Jersey (2002 Red/Ebony – 15,000 miles) not the car for me, next was Orlando, Florida over Labor Day (2003 Red/Camel - 5,000 miles).... my first major disappointment, Columbus, Ohio (2004 Red/Ebony - 3,500 miles) another let down, Boston, Massachusetts (2005 Red/Ebony - 3,900 miles) the worst trip ever!

And then a few weeks ago I found an Ad on Cars.com (2004 Red/Camel - 7,800 miles) that had been listed for 15 minutes on Wednesday, November 7th. I called the owner and within a day I was on a plane to Orlando to inspect the car on that Friday morning. The minute I saw the car it was mine. We met at an Acura Dealership in Sanford, Florida (thanks to the General Manager Walter) and inspected the car together with the dealer…it was perfect. The car checked out and within an hour the deal was done and I was back at work by 1:00 pm in New Jersey that afternoon.

Next came the transportation. Now that I found the car…. how was I getting it up to New Jersey? Drive It…. Not for Me! Which meant transport it. I looked around, made calls and found ‘Exotic Car Transport’ out of Florida. They were great! The car was picked up last Friday (one week after I had made the deal and one day after all of the paperwork had cleared). The driver (thanks Harley) was awesome and so was his Rig. It came Saturday night in the enclosed trailer with a F430, C4S and a Maserati Quattroporte keeping it company. It was in perfect shape rolling off the truck and now in my garage.

The moral to the story…..as my wonderful girlfriend so very well pointed out to me (who was very patient with me during the search)….Now that I’m a proud owner of my second NSX.....unless you are buying another one don’t ever get rid of your first one….you’ll be back like me!

Thanks NSX Prime!

The New One

2004_NSX-T_-_Side_High.JPG

The Old One

140061.JPG

Last edited:
Congrats! Just in time for some xmas mods :biggrin:

Great story with a happy ending. It's funny how many similars tales graces this forum.

Great story with a happy ending. It's funny how many similars tales graces this forum.

Hmm, switch the order of the BMW with the S2k and it sounds like what I did not too long ago. :biggrin:

Congrats on coming back to the NSX.

Otto

Nice story, most of the previous owners get bit back after some time. :wink:

May I ask, what did you find wrong with the first ones you saw?

How did you deal with shipping the car after you bought it? Did you leave it at the original owner's premises? Did you pay for it in full at a later date?

I am trying to work out the logistics of flying somewhere to look at the car and not have to fly again if I want to buy it. But it seems like the seller would be able to take off with the money and the car. Or is there some other way? Escrow from the dealership?

Thanks

Back