• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just bought a Lotus Exige S

just added a Lotus Exige S to the collection, awesome car. Its a rocket with the supercharger.

Attachments

• get-attachment.aspx rear.jpg
    get-attachment.aspx rear.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 519
  • Exige S front.jpg
    Exige S front.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 544
  • get-attachment.aspx 7.jpg
    get-attachment.aspx 7.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 488
very sporty..but so very tiny.

Nice stable, fer cryin out loud. Tell us more! What are the pro's and con's vs the NSX and your other S?

Rare to find one without a modified rear valence and aftermarket exhaust. Yours doesn't have the rear bumperettes, must be an early "S".

Just scrolled to the bottom of your post and realized it's an '07 (duh).

Last edited:
very good choice. its on my short list, but due to power features and creature comforts, I'm thinking a NA1 nsx would still be a better choice for me.. I'm on the fence about it still. Hopefully I can share from your experience with it..

Congrats. It's one great platform. Almost bought Elise few years ago but ended up with s2000;
I'm curious to hear about transmission feel as this is something I didn't like in Elise.

mini cooper with a big price tag.. you will sell it eventually.

goodluck on resale :eek:

Very nice, glad to see you back in the blue car game. Perhaps you will bring it to C&C next week.

Great toy. Saw one at the track one day, old guy, wasn't even trying too hard, nothing could keep up, M3, corvette, s4, 993, 996, rx8. I don't know if the guy ever hit the brakes, it just zoomed through the twisties. I was in a corvette, I would inch up closer to him in the straights and he would pull away 10 feet in each turn. You should have a blast driving that car anywhere, congratulations.

Please give a detail review after the initial novelty wears off comparing to the NSX. You have 3 cool mid engine rides, love to hear your assessment.

For sure. Love that genre (big surprise). Now all that's missing is a de Tomaso Pantera. Just saw one yesterday and reminded me quite a bit of my NSX. Beautiful.

hmm i wonder how thats any different than the underpowered overpriced honda accord that just maybe holding its value cause of its rarity (aka NOT BEING A SALE PERFORMER) :wink:

that car has ugly lines but i hear performance is off the chain, enjoy

Great toy. Saw one at the track one day, old guy, wasn't even trying too hard, nothing could keep up, M3, corvette, s4, 993, 996, rx8. I don't know if the guy ever hit the brakes, it just zoomed through the twisties. I was in a corvette, I would inch up closer to him in the straights and he would pull away 10 feet in each turn. You should have a blast driving that car anywhere, congratulations.

If this is true....Not sayin u r lying:biggrin:....if this is true.....you outta post this in the "Why Is 290 hp not enough?" thread and see how many call you names:mad: and telling u stop living in the past.

Congrats. Didnt remember seeing that on your list of cars you were looking at

It was, senario one, #4

- - - Updated - - -

Nice stable, fer cryin out loud. Tell us more! What are the pro's and con's vs the NSX and your other S?

the Exige S makes the NSX feel slow. Think of the Exige as a sport bike that has blind spots. Your rearview minor only show you a view of your engine. I need a back up camera.

The Exige is a race car that happens to be street legal. I'm 5 11, athletic, and weigh 168 pounds, and i can barely get in and out of it. The supercharger wine is great and never gets tiring. Its actually boring on the highway, its best for back roads. Shifter and clutch are easy. I am always looking for excuses to drive it

I still love my NSX and wouldnt sell it except for another NSX.

Awesome color!

I have owned both, they are nothing alike. A Mini Cooper weighs 700 lbs more and has 50 less hp.

It will be easy to sell, ony 17 were made in this color. I was already offered $10k more than i bought it for to sell it.

Welcome to the Lotus family :) I have a 2010 Exige S240 myself. You can find me as sizzflair on Lotustalk.

I need to get myself a NSX though... haha

just added a Lotus Exige S to the collection...
The Elise-platform delivers arguably the most visceral & exhilarating driving experience around. I can only imagine what more oomph, in the name of boost, would do... :D

Current Rides:
1995 NSX Black/Tan
2008 Porsche Cayman S - White
2007 Lotus Exige S
Mid/rear stable galore! :p

I can relate (NSX-coupe 6spd, 996.2 Targa Tiptronic-S, MR2-Spyder SMG). What other mid/rear platforms you have in consideration for the future? If I could, I would add: 360 Spider 6spd, Elise, 12C, and P1 :)eek:)...

The NSX-Concept, Alfa 4C, Cayman, R8, and Evora are also quite compelling! :cool:

If this is true....Not sayin u r lying:biggrin:....if this is true.....you outta post this in the "Why Is 290 hp not enough?" thread and see how many call you names:mad: and telling u stop living in the past.

Sounds like you have some unresolved issues with the people at the "why is 290 hp not enough" thread :)
Apparently 290 hp is plenty if your car weighs 2000 lbs.

Back