• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just moved to New York

Hi folks,
Though I am not a hard poster on Prime, I always lurk around and haven't lost hope of getting an NSX one day. :wink:
After living in Europe for more than 15 years (France, Germany, Switzerland) there I am in New York since 10 days. Love the city, the atmosphere, and believe it or not, the people :biggrin: Just found an appartment in Brooklyn and can't wait to move in.
Oh, I have a Toyota MR2 MKIII (the convertible), which I garaged in Europe for the time being. Not sure if I will import it or not. Let's see.
Was just thinking of saying HI to you guys, especially to New Yorkers. PM if you are in the area and we could meet up. Haven't seen an NSX in NYC yet....
I am not American, and any advices for newbees are welcome ie which mobile company to go for, buying house stuff etc etc...

See ya!

I am on Broadway and 49 street until end February. Right on Times Square, the apartment turns blue, red, pink according to the outside light :eek::confused:
Beginning of March, we move to Brooklyn, just found a nice flat there :)

my car 46th/BWay :)

2ypakvd.jpg

I used to work at 47th and 6th. I would invite you out to lunch one day but am working on Long Island now. Not many gatherings over the winter :(

I used to work at 47th and 6th. I would invite you out to lunch one day but am working on Long Island now. Not many gatherings over the winter :(

Anytime you come to NYC, let me know, will be great to meet you and your fantastic car! What a beauty! :smile:

First of all let me start with sry to thread jack! Lol. I would like to meet with some of the guys from ny also, I just purchased my car this year. It needs some work not exactly the best thing to look at but I'm here for the long haul lol. I've loved them since I was a kid. So I'm restoring mine slowly previous owner seemed to be a bit careless. Would like to get some of the owners to check out the car and see what they think and what I should get too first.

First of all let me start with sry to thread jack! Lol. I would like to meet with some of the guys from ny also, I just purchased my car this year. It needs some work not exactly the best thing to look at but I'm here for the long haul lol. I've loved them since I was a kid. So I'm restoring mine slowly previous owner seemed to be a bit careless. Would like to get some of the owners to check out the car and see what they think and what I should get too first.

For a complete asssesment of what it needs, get it to Larry B, if you want to do the work yourself and know your way around, it still doesn't hurt to get his guidance. My car is currently in Warwick, getting his "attention". There will hopefully be many rides in the spring and summer, and both you and the original poster should be able to join, the original poster might be able to get a shotgun seat in a car. This is a great car, and a great region in which to get guidance, etc. Welcome to the both of you!!!

Welcome to the US! Are you here for work, school, change of scenery? For phone carriers, Verizon Wireless is generally the most reliable, but most carriers seem to work pretty well as long as you stay in NYC. For house stuff, there is an IKEA in Brooklyn, a Target in East Harlem, and Bed Bath and Beyond around Manhattan.

2ypakvd.jpg

My buddy works in that building. According to him, lots of eye candy roam the lobby and halls of that building.

Same story with my car. First thing I did was take it to LarryB for an assessment. Next thing I did was take it to Joe L. at Vince's Autobody in Poughkeepsie. You have some great resources in the northeast to help you out with your car.

@RPM217
I am looking forward to it! Thanks! I've never driven or be a passenger for that matter in an NSX, and can't wait to get the full experience! :biggrin:

@MoogieBoogie
I am here for work. The lady and I have been relocated to NYC. As for phone/internet, I heard that Verizon is the most reliable. Thanks for the heads up :smile:

@SinisteR_NSX
Good luck with the work!

Looking forward to meeting you guys!

I'm going to be the Devil's Advocate here. Let's presume that this guy is actually a criminal and is using this forum to premeditate a crime. What if just one of you go to meet him in the city and he carjacks you and steals your car. I'm sure this is not going to be the scenario, and I'm also sure the OP is a good guy, but wouldn't it be prudent to talk to this fellow over the phone before going to meet a complete stranger, especially in NYC.

I'm going to be the Devil's Advocate here. Let's presume that this guy is actually a criminal and is using this forum to premeditate a crime. What if just one of you go to meet him in the city and he carjacks you and steals your car. I'm sure this is not going to be the scenario, and I'm also sure the OP is a good guy, but wouldn't it be prudent to talk to this fellow over the phone before going to meet a complete stranger, especially in NYC.

Or at least meet in a "safe" location....like the mens room at JFK:eek:

I had to read the message twice to make sure it wasn't a joke! :frown:

Well, if it helps at all, I am reachable at the following number: 646.484.5810
:confused:

Back