• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

K.C. Rally

All participants will be emailed and snail mailed a final official schedule of events prior to the event.

Please Note: If you have signed up as a participant, you'll get everything you need in your packet (tickets, credentials, etc.).

I think its a scavanger hunt or something of that nature???

Here's the itinerary

For planning purposes, we have been asked to give approximate dates and times for all events related to Buffalo Run:

Charity Press Event
Will be held late-September. We are working with Ronald McDonald House on this and will post more specific information for those who want to be involved.

Law Enforcement Tour
If you are interested in meeting law enforcement officers in the areas where we will be driving, please PM me. In order to inform and hopefully avoid any potential issues, we will be doing a PR tour. My understanding is that this can be a lot of fun especially when you are showing off to an off-duty officer who might riding along with you. This will take place in September.

VIP Party - October 13, 2006
This will be held on Friday at Blonde on the Country Club Plaza. If you haven't been to this establishment, you are in for an experience. The party will be held from 7:00 to 9:30. There are several big sponsors of the event and no expense has been spared to make this the party event of the year! It is important that all participants attend the party to pick up their gift basket, official badges and registration materials. Please note that the venue is just large enough to accomodate the participants and you will need a ticket to get in.

Concourse de Buffalo - October 14, 2006
Cars will be required to be on the plaza no later than 8:15 on Saturday. The Concourse will be held promptly at 9:00. We will be awarding various prizes based on wacky categories including loudest exhaust, cleanest car, most exotic, biggest beater, etc.

Buffalo Run - 10:30 to 11:30
At 10:30, all cars will be called to the starting line on the east end of Nichols Road. The first leg of the rally will begin.

Lunch - 12:00 to 2:00
Depending on when you pass the starting line, you'll be treated to a wonderful catered lunch in the Garages at Kansas Speedway between noon and 1:30.

The Paddock - 4:00 to 5:00
Once you have completed the second leg of the rally, you will pass the finish line at Aristocrat Motors. Your performance will be recorded at the finish line and compiled. There will be enterainment and refreshments provided to our VIP pilots, co-pilots and sponsors in the Porsche VIP lounge. You'll need a ticket to get into the concert and your credentials to get into the lounge.

Awards Show - 7:00
All awards for the Concourse de Buffalo and Buffalo Run will be announced at 7:30.

Buffalo Run Music Festival - 4:00
We are bringing in several national and regional acts to provide entertainment for the event. The concert will take place at Aristocrat Motors. The concert is free and open to the public. But you will need a ticket for admitance. Pilots, co-pilots, and passengers will recieve free VIP Access to the concert and passes to a special VIP area at Aristocrat.

For those that are interested, we are putting together a special VIP package which includes lodging, limosine transfers, and a quick detailing of your car for an added expense. If you are interested in signing up for this, please PM me.

Professional security personnel will be provided to protect all participant's vehicles in all locations including: the plaza staging area, lunch, and at Aristocrat motors (afternoon and overnight).

I am already signed up. Looks like a great time and its for a good charity as well. Hope some of you all can make it out, would be a lot of fun.

Signed up and ready to go. I even won a jacket for a photo contest:biggrin:

I will at least try to make some of the public events. I wonder if it is too late to signup?

no they extended it you can still sign up i think.

rasir,

What time are you showing up on saturday? I think it would be cool to get the 2 FI NSX's parked together for the start. I've got my rebuilt turbos here and am putting them back on tonight. Hopefully I will be good to go.

You going to the party friday night as well?

yeah i have to go to the friday event thats where the drivers have to pick up the info package and the jacket i won. Can't stay to late though, i have to put on my rear end for saturday its sitting in the garage. i'll be on the plaza before or around 8 since if your not in by 8:15 they won't let you in after and send you to the next checkpoint.

Last edited:
Wow! What an event. I think almost every exotic car in K.C. and surrounding states was there. I had no idea it was going to be that big. Gary.

Great photos! Wish I could have made it.

What was Carl doing at Blonde on Friday? Was he in the rally? :eek:

From what I’ve read and seen, it looks like this event was a blast! I wanted so badly to participate but I just had surgery last week and wasn’t up to it. Luckily, I did talk my wife into taking me to the top of the parking garage above Hall’s so I could watch the cars drive by from there. (Don’t tell my doctor:wink: ) Anyway, I plan to register for next year’s event but would like to know a little more about the rally part. How was it set up? What were the objectives? Was speed between 2 points a factor or was it based on shortest mileage? Would it help to have some sort of navigation system? What was the route? Any insight would be appreciated.

RACERnsX said:
From what I’ve read and seen, it looks like this event was a blast! I wanted so badly to participate but I just had surgery last week and wasn’t up to it. Luckily, I did talk my wife into taking me to the top of the parking garage above Hall’s so I could watch the cars drive by from there. (Don’t tell my doctor:wink: ) Anyway, I plan to register for next year’s event but would like to know a little more about the rally part. How was it set up? What were the objectives? Was speed between 2 points a factor or was it based on shortest mileage? Would it help to have some sort of navigation system? What was the route? Any insight would be appreciated.

I can't speak specifics, but here's what I know (or think I know!): It's mileage based, they had two distinct routes, run CW and CCW. Lots of people had Navi, but from what I understand some of the clues on where to turn were things as small as mailbox letters or signs in yards.

ErikAnderson said:
Who's Carl?

Carl Peterson, General Manager of the Kansas City Cheifs..

He should have plenty of time on his hands in the future if they keep playing the way they do... Carl needs to go!

Here's how the race/rally was judged. It was basically like "the amazing race" on Television. You start off from home base (the Kansas Speedway) get your list of directions via road and landmarks. Then they log your mileage and time then you leave from the Kansas Speedway and head into the direction on the list. The first few where difficult to understand, but you soon catch on what you need to do. Basically, the directions sent you to a Desicion landmark being at an intersection. Landmarks could be churches, gas stations, country roads, ect. from this intersection you choose one of the 3 paths. To know for sure if you took the right path there is a confermation landmark not further than 1mile such as a house w/ a homeowners name like "Smiths" or a company like "Bobs autobody" and even weight limit signs on a bridge. If you can't find a confermation you turn around and take another path. By the way the navigation system i used worked out great. On the second run we only missed about 3 turns but traveled less than 1/4 mile in the wrong direction for each. I used the microsoft navi unit w/ a laptop best way to do it. we could look ahead on the list and figure out what direction we where needing to go. Navi actually helped alot since it only took us 1.5 hours for the second run while it took 3 for the first (took a while to get used to what we where doing) . It was a mileage rally to see who could get to the closest miles to what it really was. Theres been a few debates on the winner though. Since 2 of the top 3 were the sponsers of the event. My co-pilot checked the mileage on the navigation and configured it with the actual mileage and said i should have placed at least in the top 3. Then again i never knew if my card i turned in ever got to the right place. Some of us turned them into a guy directing traffic at the gate at aristorcrat while a lady who worked for the event asked us for them and we came up empty handed. All in all it was a great event. only mishap was the corvette catching on fire and a yellow viper which had a lot of compliants about his driving (not from the K.C. Viper group). Anyone planning on this next year should buy now because its going to be marked up $100 next year after the 20th of October 2006.

Back