• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kansas City Drive Sun. Nov.6th-Weather Permiting

Well we got rained out last week so we'll try next Sun. For those of you not familar with our drive: We meet at Panera Bread in Independence at the N.E. corner of hwys. 291 and 40 at 9AM and departing promptly at 9:30AM. We do the back road twisties in a "spirited" manner. We sometimes do lunch afterwards. The drive usually lasts 3-4 hrs. All are welcome. Gary :biggrin:

I'll try to make it up from Wichita. It would be my first run ever, so let me know if there is any pre-requisites for newbies.

Shaun

PS - Go squaws......I mean go CHIEFS!

I should be able to make it!! I think I have only put about 5 miles on the car since our last run. I'm getting restless!! The best part is my team has a bye on that day. Go Broncos!! :biggrin: Any Chiefs fans want to convert??

John
'91 Red/Ivory

I'm going to try and make it.

You guys want to meet us st.louis folks?(since 90% of our cars are running now)
Maybe we can meet half way,columbia or Jeff city, Lunch and meet and greet, photo-op then head back home???!!!??!!! Spoke to some of the s.louis crew and it sounds like a plan.

I don't think that we would be able to travel that far on short notice. So at least for me this Sun. wouldn't work for a combined meet/drive. I tried for a combined St. Louis/ K.C. drive a couple of years ago and couldn't get it to come together. But if you can make it happen I'm sure we would have sereral of us, myself included, who would love to attend. Gary.

Mark, Mike, Robert, Pete, you guys going to make it this Sun.? And Shaun, no prerequisits, glad to have a new attendee. So far looks like a perfect day, partly cloudy and 70! Gary. :biggrin:

Zipy said:
I don't think that we would be able to travel that far on short notice. So at least for me this Sun. wouldn't work for a combined meet/drive. I tried for a combined St. Louis/ K.C. drive a couple of years ago and couldn't get it to come together. But if you can make it happen I'm sure we would have sereral of us, myself included, who would love to attend. Gary.

Thats cool, it was a thought. Let me know in the future. How far are you from columbia or Jeff city? The weather for both of our drives looks to be good. I'll post pics. Drive safe.

damn... I've come down with a nasty sinus infection as of this morning... not sure if I'll be up for a drive or not :(

Hey Pete, see the guy in the Trans Am come up along side me on I-70 between Blue Springs and 291? He pushed in the clutch and gave me the quick rev. Sounded heavily modded. I would have tried him any way if the traffic wasn't so heavy. Oh well...... :rolleyes: Gary

Yeah, I heard him rev it and it did sound good. He kept passing me and then dropping back. I think he wanted to play but I agree, too much traffic. He would have been hard pressed to keep up with us today on our run though!

I had a great time today. Let's try to get together again in a couple weeks.

Pete

Thanks to Mike, John, Pete and Gary for the outing last Sunday. You guys know how to drive those cars around the twisties. Anyone can drive fast on a straight lane.

You guys are terrific hosts. Hope to run with you again!

Shaun

PS - Chiefs WIN! Who'da thunk?

Back