• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kansas City, here I come.

I just found out that my job is transferring me (again) to KC, from Houston. I look forward to hooking up with all you mid-western NSX'rs once we get settled in.
As I've only spent one day there, last week, I'd appreciate any insight to the area.
I'm a furniture manufacturer's rep. and will be covering KS., MO., NE., IA., and southern IL. I plan to be in my new territory the first week of November and have my wife (and car) up by the last week of Nov.
Looking for a house with a little land, a big garage, and maybe a swimming pool, in the 4's and within a 50 - 100 mi. radius of KC. if anyone knows of anything that might meet that description.

See y'all soon,
Brad

'97 Red/Tan

I'll be moving to KC soon...

I, too, will be moving to KC within the next 6 months from central Illinois. I've only been there for a total of 8 hours so I could probably use a bit of living advise as well. I'm not quite ready for a house in the "4's", but a nice condo in the plaza area might work (from what I've heard anyway). I'm looking forward to meeting all of you--
Vivek
'91 silver/black

Welcome to both of you. Watch this forum for our organized drives. We've had 4 or 5 so far this year. Tom has some great back road twisties that we follow him on. Usually we get about 4-6 participants. Unless we do a last minute type drive, it will probably be next spring before we do one again. Gary.

Welcome to the neighborhood!

This might be for the current residents but I am getting the Comptech headers installed middle of this week and was wondering if anyone is up for a quick drive next weekend. I think this weekend is going to snow, has anyone heard differently?

Thanks,

Mike

Zipy said:
Tom has some great back road twisties that we follow him on.

Yes, and I sacrifice myself and my car for those that follow:D

FYI- Breck (Huckster) traded in his 91 and Volvo for a 400hp XJR a few weeks ago. Saw it personally, and it is nice. Even has DVD player in the back of both front seat head rests. Don't think it corners well though!!!

Welcome to KC guys

I might be up for a drive if the weather cooperates. Lets give it a few more days and see what happens. Breck , congrats on the new ride! Gonna take it on a drive with us? We might LET you come along. Isn't the XJR pretty heavy, like close to 4,000 lbs? Gary.

thanks guys. yeah, it is a little 'stockier' than my ex-nsx. not much under 3800lbs.

thanks to 399 torque it actually feels faster under wot. jaguar claims 0-60 in 5secs. Cornering would be another story:eek:

all in all though, it is a pretty amazing daily driver(especially for how big it is).

catch you all soon.

Back