• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Keep NSX or get a NEW car ?

Hi all ,

Since I've got a very good condition '92 NSX in year 2000 (with 20k miles) :D I don't know cars so well, especially this car is getting old. I mean some parts of the car. Of course, this car still looks so great, even it's '92 one; paint, leather...everything works so fine. However, I don't know parts of NSX well. (Sorry for disturbing many members who helped me a lots in NSX). :rolleyes:

Please give me some suggestion ...:p

I hate to say it, but the car was old when you bought it. If you don't pile millions of miles on it, and you're able to afford the basic maintenance schedule, I can't imagine why you'd need to sell it because it's gotten even older. Just my 2 cents...

im sure you'll miss it if you get rid of it.

monarch_kiss said:
Hi all ,

Since I've got a very good condition '92 NSX in year 2000 (with 20k miles) :D I don't know cars so well, especially this car is getting old. I mean some parts of the car. Of course, this car still looks so great, even it's '92 one; paint, leather...everything works so fine. However, I don't know parts of NSX well. (Sorry for disturbing many members who helped me a lots in NSX). :rolleyes:

Please give me some suggestion ...:p
I am sorry. But I failed to see your point. You have a low mileage and good conditioned NSX in perfect working order. What is the problem?
Steve

If you live in a good weather area, no snow, rain or storms for months out of every year, your car will be fine. You won't have any premature wear due to weather.

Since the mileage is relatively low as well, you don't have much wear and tear to worry about either.

Your NSX should be about 10x more reliable than the 1995 RX7 timebomb...

I was not sure where the question or problem was with this post...but the NSX should be just fine in terms of value and reliability at this point. So unless you just do not enjoy the car anymore, keep it...drive it...and be happy. :)

Keep the X!
But, if you want a newer car....I have a 2002 Audi A4 Quattro-Turbo Sport Pkg with Triptronic to sell.

I want to buy another NSX..(for the wife).
Would like to have two X's in the garage.

Yeah, I am willing to sell my 2002 car for any year NSX.
Love the X!

I understand

I can understand the question he is asking.
I too am considering selling/trading in my NSX on a new TL. I have wrestled with this choice for many months now and am not any closer now than I was when they first came out.
I recently got a email from a local dealer that is offering 0% interest on the length of the contract for all their '04 model year vehicles. Also not requesting any downpayment. That sounds like a very tempting deal to me.
I still enjoy driving my NSX but think I am about ready to move on with something else and get a newer car so I can take advantage of all the new technology that Acura has come up with.
I had thought about trying to keep the NSX and still get the TL but then I would run out of room in the 2-car garage.
One major reason I haven't gotten the TL is because they don't offer a color that is to my liking. But when they do.......

Rad,
I wish I like Audi's more then I would contact you about trying to work something out. :)

What I like about the NSX is that it is fun, fast, exotic, and practical all at the same time.

I say if you want a new car........go get it. You can always go buy another NSX when you want the X-citement again.

As my wife says: "You work hard so get what makes you happy!"
(excluding women)

Rad NSX said:
What I like about the NSX is that it is fun, fast, exotic, and practical all at the same time.

I say if you want a new car........go get it. You can always go buy another NSX when you want the X-citement again.

As my wife says: "You work hard so get what makes you happy!"
(excluding women)
Very good points. It is true about buying another NSX because this is my second one already. I do love them but am just getting a little tired of it.
BTW, my wife says the EXACT same thing.

Im surprised you'd want to go to a TL though. That's like slowing down to a complete stop really. It may just be me, but with the exception of the NSX I don't find anything in Acuras lineup even remotely appealing. In the $30K+ sedan segment it just seems like there are much more exciting choices.

I want to keep with the Acura/Honda brand of product.
I think it is worth the $$. I look at all the car comes with option wise and Honda reliability wise and there is nothing else in the class that even comes close IMO
BTW, speed isn't everything.:)

92NSX said:
I think it is worth the $$. I look at all the car comes with option wise and Honda reliability wise and there is nothing else in the class that even comes close IMO

100% Agree ... Got speed, but no Reliability ... Hell No for me :D

I think I'll do my best to keep my NSX for the best ...

BTW, instead of installing SCed, is "Port & Polish" the engine better and cheaper ??? :) Or have to do it before install SC ? (Since there're not so many people doing this job)

Lease the new TL but keep the NSX. It's a timeless machine and you will definite regret it if you sell it. Look is something we all get sick of after some time. You can buy a F360, F50 or even an Enzo and look at it everyday and you will get sick of it. My dealer near by has a F1 racer in the showroom and I am alraedy sick of looking at it each time to go there.. :D You are not a true enthusiast if that's all you are into.

Too many car enthusiasts come back to the NSX after owning Lambo, F-cars, Vipers, P-car and Lotus. You get best of both world (performance, looks, comfort, low cost maintanence and reliability) with the NSX. I dont' think any car has achieve that as far as I am concern. Although NSX is not the fastest, but who's perfect??

monarch_kiss said:

BTW, instead of installing SCed, is "Port & Polish" the engine better and cheaper ??? :) Or have to do it before install SC ? (Since there're not so many people doing this job)

Porting and polishing the cylinder heads refers to grinding some aluminum away and then smoothing it down to try and flow more air/fuel. It's not going to give you the gains a supercharger would. And no it is not a necessary thing to do before putting a SC on.

You are not a true enthusiast if that's all you are into.
I don't recall saying that was all I was into.:confused:
Lease the new TL but keep the NSX.
I had considered that also but I don't think I will end up doing it. I can't see spending all that money on a lease when you will never actually end up owning the car.
And also having to pay the much higher insurance premuims on a leased car. I was told by the insurance company that if you do lease a car, you have to carry the same coverage on all the other vehicles on the policy !!! :eek:

92NSX said:
You are not a true enthusiast if that's all you are into.

I don't recall saying that was all I was into.:confused:
:eek:

Sorry if you misunderstood.. I wasn't directing that statement to you at all.

As for what your insurance said about the coverage is not true. I have different coverage for all of my cars. Some are full covered and some are liability only. You should talk to another rep or call a different company.

I had considered that also but I don't think I will end up doing it. I can't see spending all that money on a lease when you will never actually end up owning the car.

That's exactly the problem here. You mentioned you like to have a new Acura and take the advantage of all the new technology Acura has to offer. That statement alone is the best reason why you should lease and not own. You not only save on depreciation from owning, you get to enjoy all the new cars/tech every 3-4 years and best of all, very little money out of your pocket. Or you can always buy a 2-yr old used one.

Last edited:
Just keep the X, because there are guys out there like me that are waiting for the day they can actually own one. Some times you just have to sit back and remeber those days. Where you came from and how you got your very first NSX. Those are are the days and reasons why you bought one for the reason of owning one, and that very first night you couldn't sleep because you were getting tomorrow. Your very first time driving it. Remember those days! before you flog it. One day I will get a 97 to 99 targa. That's my dream and one day I will wake up one morning and pull it out of my driveway and pollish it all day. with a BIG :D

Limegreen NSX....

Sell your 'X' to me :D Coz its hard to find a good condition n low mileage 92 now n I want that 2005 Acura RL as well :p

Attachments

• 112_04_nyas_acurarl01_l.jpg
    112_04_nyas_acurarl01_l.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 309
92NSX said:

I'd have to argue that the Infiniti lineup does more than come close - it blows right by the Acura models. The G35 is pretty loaded also and has the benefit of rear wheel drive, or you can wait a bit and snap up the new redesigned M45, which looks killer from the advance photos (and the RL will be playing 2nd or 3rd fiddle once again).

Back