• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

kids these days.?.???

Long story short, go to Mickey D's for lunch, sit down, in an area where I can watch the car, and happen to overhear these two kids (16-20) talking. I have my NSXCA stickers on the rear hatch, and the one tells the other, "Ohhh, thats an NSX California tuning shop, and the owner has had lots of mods done to make it fly" Now a) I have never met the kid, and b) the car is mostly stock. I had been talking with some guys in the restaraunt (sp) earlier about the car, and they were real cool about it, but this guy, before knowing that it was my car, and knowing I was sitting right behind him, proceeded to tell theses guys that he had a 3000GT VR4 (?, the turbo one) that would smoke the "modded NSX." When I waved, he said that the car was cool, and told me that he could afford it, after the guys yelled out a for sale number (joking around with them earlier).

WHY OH WHY do people have to be so immature and stupid???
Parents really ought to discipline their kids more and teach them what honesty means. And to think that this generation is growing up to be future CEO's? Yeah, of Enron, maybe.

Sorry about the rant, just hit me so strange that NSXCA was a tuning shop in CA, and my own car had all sorts of mods I didn't know about.....

Stupid kids and especially young guys nowaday will say whatever to make themselves feel better and to impress others, especially girls. When that happened, i just pointed at my car and laugh at them.

Because of BS like this, i have add this board to never compare (lesser) cars to the NSX (3000GT, RX7....) They are not in the same league, and sorry, you can't really afford the NSX that easy.

Last edited:
Just smile and wave. Who really cares what they think?

I pressed, just start talking about your Murray 22" walk behind! lol:D

"the nsx is nothing, you oughta check my murray 22, it's got pipes and 6 inch dubs.... its off da hook!"

Wait a minute.... You mean to tell me you LET this kid say his 3000 GT could smoke your car and you didn't want to see if he could walk the walk?? Do you not have a local track that you could politley ask him to meet you at one weekend? If he declines he only makes himslef look stupid for making such rediculous claims. I mean, c'mon guys, when somebody says something like that about your X, and you KNOW he's just some punk, just invite him to run at the track with you.;)

Last time I checked, I didn't seek or expect highly informed intelects and opinions at McDonalds. Which isn't to say some can't be found there, but by-and-large the crowd can be of the knuckle-dragging variety. Who cares what some neebish says? If someone likes my car, I'll talk all day to them; if they're clowns (and remember-their logo IS a clown) then I am secure in the knowledge that I know my car's worth and, as a bonus-I GET TO DRIVE IT!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...they don't.

i have a awd TT stealth as well as a NSX..my stealth can easily take the NSX in 1/4 miles with very with mods done to it..

The NSX can easily take down the stealth on a track...

the stealth can never compare to the NSX in terms of fun factor driving ..but sometimes when i go on a trip that requires me to carry some people or i need the extra space. the stealth is great for that with great performance, luxury and comfort..

maybe it time to buy a M3

Of course with modification, the Stealth will take the NSX, no arguments there. However, stock-to-stock, the NSX will take the Stealth with evenly matched drivers every time. Just look at what some of those guys at the "Tracks" forum are running in their NSXes - It is simply awesome.

no point to arguing. kinda like a battle of wits with an unarmed man... I just smiled, said wow, like cool, radical, dude. I assume I was using the proper street slang... :)

NCC-1701D said:
i have a awd TT stealth as well as a NSX..my stealth can easily take the NSX in 1/4 miles with very with mods done to it..

the stealth can never compare to the NSX in terms of fun factor driving ..but sometimes when i go on a trip that requires me to carry some people or i need the extra space. the stealth is great for that with great performance, luxury and comfort..

maybe it time to buy a M3

the stealth/3000gt is not comfortable to ride in, especially in the back seat.

NSXrebel said:
the stealth/3000gt is not comfortable to ride in, especially in the back seat.

LOL :D :p :D

I see more and more NSX drivers in their teens. This is expected as the depreciation of early model NSXs have gone to the point where most people can afford to get one.

I have a VR4 as well, and you can't really compare an AWD, Front Engine, Twin Turbo ultra heavy car to the NSX. The NSX is in a different league altogether.

It doesnt matter to me what most people say, a majority will downplay the car because they are jealous and have nothing better to say.- not just to our car but any nice one.

Most likely they wish they could be the one driving out the parking lot in whatever car they have to talk about.

I gotcha beat!! :) THe other day, im getting in my car to go out to lunch with my dad and these two younger neighborhood kids stop me and start asking me and TELLING me things about my car.

Stuff like:
Them: A Ferrari could smoke this car!
Me: Depends on what kind of Ferrari...a 348 doesn't stand a chance, while an ENZO, well, thats a given :)
Them: I've got enough money to buy a Diablo right now, but I'm only 9.
Me: Well, thats interesting, how'd you get that money?
<changed subject>
Them: I'm gonna ask you two questions, and if you can't answer them, then we get to sit in your car, ok?
Me: Well, you could sit it in anyways for a moment, but i gotta get going.
Them: <proceed to ask bone-headed question in which i completely BS'ed an answer and convinced them to believe it because they didn't know the real answer :) )

Anyways, i let them sit in the car and all, and they tried to start it (had no clue u had to hit hte clutch). They were cocky and thought they knew everything :rolleyes: but were good kids and respectable of my car.

I don't think its such a problem with "kids" these days
How are adults any better? Adults keep their stupid common to themselves.

RX-7 is not in the same league as the NSX, its faster.
But I didn't get a RX-7 because I didnt have more then a hour a week to spend on maintaining a single car.

If you own one and you want people know its yours, its sad.
People are stupid, but NSX isnt that much of a car.
Plus, some of the owners are wanna-bes anyway.

myd said:
I don't think its such a problem with "kids" these days
How are adults any better? Adults keep their stupid common to themselves.

But I didn't get a RX-7 because I didnt have more then a hour a week to spend on maintaining a single car.

If you own one and you want people know its yours, its sad.

Nice 1st post. :rolleyes:

Looks like your intention for registering to post on this forum is to cause trouble. You know that this is an NSX forum right?

myd said:
...and thank you for your opinion. So glad you could come on to an NSX-owners' forum and enlighten all of us.

Attachments

• smelltroll.jpg
    smelltroll.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 317
"do i know this is a nsx forum?"
Are you guys accusing me of trolling?
What do you think I drive anyway, civics?

I am in a process of getting rid of my cars to get just a daily and a sports car. I am settling down to either a c32 or a smg m3 for daily and a c4s or a nsx for sports car.

The only reason I am here is to understand more about nsx, the only reason I am commenting on this is because I think some of the things said were unfair. What have I said thats not true in the first place?

myd said:
"do i know this is a nsx forum?"
Are you guys accusing me of trolling?
What do you think I drive anyway, civics?

I am in a process of getting rid of my cars to get just a daily and a sports car. I am settling down to either a c32 or a smg m3 for daily and a c4s or a nsx for sports car.

The only reason I am here is to understand more about nsx, the only reason I am commenting on this is because I think some of the things said were unfair. What have I said thats not true in the first place?

Commenting is one thing. Attacking the NSX and NSX owners on this forum is another. You clearly did that in your 1st post.

You did not have to add that last paragraph to belittle NSX owners.

Just to let you know, most NSX owners are adults. Some NSX owners, have once owned, or concurrently own the cars you are interested in. There are also NSX owners that were ex- FD3S RX7 owners as well.

It's kind of hypocritical for you to say adults are lame if you are an adult yourself. Or are you not?

I teach my kids to keep their comments to themselves if it would otherwise offend another. I teach them that if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

It's kind of hypocritical for you to diss the NSX and their respective owners, and then thinking about getting one and becoming an NSX owner yourself.

If you're not a troll, you are at least a hypocrite.

myd said:
Adults keep their stupid common to themselves.

:confused:

myd said:

Bad grammar, wrong choice of words, and double negatives..... sigh:rolleyes:

Hey MYD, take some of your own advice and keep your ignorant adult comments to yourself!

And have a clue what you're talking about before you speak. An RX-7 stock is not faster than an NSX. It could be a drivers race, but ultimately, the NSX is faster than an RX-7.

And most NSX owners are wanna-be's? Alot of people here will find that embarassing. And there are owners here that use their NSX as a daily driver while keeping 360s, 355s, as well as OTHER NSX's in their garage. But we all love the NSX...how we're wanna-be's, i would LOVE to know...:rolleyes:

Welcome to NSXPrime, now straighten up or get the hell out :rolleyes:

myd said:

I mean stock-to-stock (not modified,) i will take the NSX.

How can one be an NSX owner AND a wanna-be? Or do NSX owners 'wanna-be' something else? I drive my NSX everyday and I just wanna-be me. Though I've had mine less than a month, I haven't had a bad experience. People have been real nice. They ask questions (to which half I reply "...uh...'dunno...) and have only had positive things to say. One guy said 'you're driving my dream car'. I said ' I'm driving my dream car too'. That's enough for me.

Remind me not to post on here again concerning anything not related to technical stuff concerning the NSX. This has gotten ridiculous. I must say that I have gotten severely jaded concerning the wealth of info the board offers, what with crap like this popping up. Especially when it is my fault...
Yes, my fault for posting what I did, but I feel that I was sucked into what the board is turning into, which is not the good, mature source of info that it was when I signed up. I did the same thing when I was a noob, on other topics, but have since seen the error of my ways, and with this exception, have tried to be a bit more conscious. I apologize to all that have taken the time to read this, and ask forgiveness....

Lud, feel free to delete this mess, and pop me one on the head for posting such drivel. Others, take my advice, and don't turn this into Ferrarichat or, heaven forbid, the old supraforum. (slaps self on head for being a dumbass) Let's keep it as a source of INFORMATION about the NSX, and not a stupid rant board.

And to everyone else, PLEASE do a search before posting up about exhausts, tires, and the window fixit thingie. How many times do we need to read about another broken window and some newbie owner having no clue about why. There are only 53234 threads about it.....OK, other rant now over....

Back