• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KWV3 Install

Hey All,

I Just ordered my KWV3's and they will be in this week...

Currently my car is sitting on TEIN Monoflex and I do not have my stock suspension...

I know that for the KWV3 Install I will need to reuse my OEM Top Hats but I do not have my stock suspension...

Can anyone point me to the right direction on what parts to order?

Or anyone willing to part with their OEM top hats?

Thanks very much in advanced...

Jeff

I was on stock before I did V3 and it worked great so I think you are heading correct direction. Stock tops are easy to get in my view or go with SOS. PM if you have any questions. Good luck and post some pics!

Pick up a set of used struts and use the oem top hats. Based on what i heard KW coilovers work best with oem top hats, you can go with theirs but there is a chance of having a clicking sound when turning your steering wheel. There are plenty used sets going for around $150 and after you take the top hats off you may try to resell the shocks and springs to recover some of the cost.

Thanks for the feedback...

I think I will be doing the NSX R Front Sways and Zanardi Rear Sways at the same time as well...

Anyone have experience with this combo? Any feedback?

KWV3
NSXR Front Sway
Zanardi Rear Sway

Thanks in advanced..

Jeff

Pick up a set of used struts and use the oem top hats. Based on what i heard KW coilovers work best with oem top hats, you can go with theirs but there is a chance of having a clicking sound when turning your steering wheel. There are plenty used sets going for around $150 and after you take the top hats off you may try to resell the shocks and springs to recover some of the cost.

Did you figure out what suspension you're going to go with? Unless you got something already? :confused::eek:

Thanks for the feedback...

I think I will be doing the NSX R Front Sways and Zanardi Rear Sways at the same time as well...

Anyone have experience with this combo? Any feedback?

KWV3
NSXR Front Sway
Zanardi Rear Sway

Thanks in advanced..

Jeff

I Just thought of something...

WIll the Zanardi Rears fit ok on my 98???

I did a search and most of the thread were on older x's 91-96 ish...

Also should I wait on the rear just to see how the car balances out? And get the rears if its needed?

Jeff

I have the KWs on my 95 with CT sways on front and rear and it feels awesome (and looks great lowered). Had Darin at West End do the final adjustments and corner balance, feels like a new car compared to stock. No creaking or popping on turns at all (as others have noted from KWs).:biggrin:

I Just thought of something...

WIll the Zanardi Rears fit ok on my 98???

I did a search and most of the thread were on older x's 91-96 ish...

Also should I wait on the rear just to see how the car balances out? And get the rears if its needed?

Jeff

They should fit just fine. Install your coulilvers, drive around for around 100 miles and then go get an alignment. The sway bars could be added at any point however it is suggested to unbolt the endlinks while changing your rear struts so you may as well do it at the same time to save yourself some trouble.

Op: One other thing to keep in mind is that KWs install guide asks you to drop the Bump stop plate from the OEM shock (The document refers to it as "Standard Supporting Plate"). This sits between the top-hat and the rubber bump stop they provide.

I remember this fellow specially as I might have to remove and redo all of my shocks as I think this bloody plate is the source of the low speed suspension travel thump/rattle sounds that are just killing me.

In any case, when you do it, it wouldn't hurt to attach some rubber bits to the top of the supporting plate to reduce the rattle.

Op: One other thing to keep in mind is that KWs install guide asks you to drop the Bump stop plate from the OEM shock (The document refers to it as "Standard Supporting Plate"). This sits between the top-hat and the rubber bump stop they provide.

I remember this fellow specially as I might have to remove and redo all of my shocks as I think this bloody plate is the source of the low speed suspension travel thump/rattle sounds that are just killing me.

In any case, when you do it, it wouldn't hurt to attach some rubber bits to the top of the supporting plate to reduce the rattle.

This is very confusing :confused:

What are you suppose to do exactly?

Bump - does any one else have more details about this "Op: One other thing to keep in mind is that KWs install guide asks you to drop the Bump stop plate from the OEM shock (The document refers to it as "Standard Supporting Plate"). This sits between the top-hat and the rubber bump stop they provide."

pictures would help a lot.

Back