• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lamborghini Gallardo Insights

First of all, congratulations! Great find, beautiful car, you should have a big smile on your face! And then there are the sounds that car makes...

Second, the powerband sounds similar to the 430 - very linear powerband from stop to "X" speed. Do you feel the engine through the car? With the 430 you "feel" the engine vibrations right through the steering wheel into your hands.

Thanks!!! Oh yes. You definitely feel very connected in the car. It's pretty surreal.

I've got to get a ton of work done now, but I just can't concentrate. I want to get out on the road!

Well, you really have drank the kool aid now havn't you!? Ridiculous info contained therein. Where to start.....Gallardo=bottom feeder:confused: yea, the V10 is a real slouch and the exhaust note and performance...Yuk! :rolleyes: The 430 is one of the finest if not the finest car Ferrari has ever produced and a 6 year old example with miles will still cost you $125-$140k (attainable by the masses:rolleyes:Puleeeze) which masses are those? All the ones with their homes being foreclosed on?? It's one thing to say you merely do not care for a specific car but to spew brand hate out for no real reason......I mean really, How many Murci guys do you know and how does owning a Murci make what "they" have to say about any other vehicle credible??? Granted, the cars you speak of are not NSX's or Pontiacs:rolleyes: but they are not "bottom feeders" either....

430 was NEVER the finest car that Ferrari made. Try F50GT, Enzo FXX, and now we have the 599 and 458, which tromps the 430 in all performance numbers.

My co-worker has a 512TR and a 430 and he is friends with Art, the guy that owns the ONLY F50GT in the USA (there's only 3 ever made in the world).

Well, Art also owns a Ferrari/Maserati dealership. He took my co-worker out on Infineon racetrack with the 458 and my co-worker brought his 430. And guess what? the 458 was eating the 430 lunch.

Spewing brand hate? If you are talking about the Gallardo comment made by the Murci guys that I met ( we meet on Saturdays when it's sunny at Satana Row) then that is a model to model comparison. The brand would be Lambo.

Wow, much ups on the G. You beat me to the punch. I can't tell you how many times I came oh so close to closing the deal on one. I want to know all your insights/thoughts/ramblings on it. May help me either close or open that door fully instead of creaking it open every couple weeks. :biggrin:

wow, much ups on the g. You beat me to the punch. I can't tell you how many times i came oh so close to closing the deal on one. I want to know all your insights/thoughts/ramblings on it. May help me either close or open that door fully instead of creaking it open every couple weeks. :biggrin:

+1!

Wow, much ups on the G. You beat me to the punch. I can't tell you how many times I came oh so close to closing the deal on one. I want to know all your insights/thoughts/ramblings on it. May help me either close or open that door fully instead of creaking it open every couple weeks. :biggrin:

Open that door!!! :biggrin: I frickin love this car!

If I run into anything that I think could be a deal breaker for you I'll let you know. But I honestly did enough research that I don't think that will happen.

Open that door!!! :biggrin: I frickin love this car!

If I run into anything that I think could be a deal breaker for you I'll let you know. But I honestly did enough research that I don't think that will happen.

I'm really curious as to how you feel after the honeymoon period is over (if if ever does.) It didn't take that long for me to tire of the NSX soon after buying it (hence the mad obsession with modifying the crap out of it).

Ditto. I love my NSX but I am getting bored.

There's tons of deals out there now on all "exotics", cash (or financing) talks, make your deal and drive what you like/want. I wanted a NSX since they first came out, got mine in Feb of 03 on a 3 yr lease. Lease was up, couldn't get rid of it, extended 6 months, still couldn't give it up, so I bought it. Now I have 55,000 miles on it, circumstances gave me an opportunity to buy a new "toy". For less money than I ended up spending, I could've bought a mint 430 Spider with manual transmission from a friend of mine, could've gotten a pretty new Gallardo spider, any Porsche I wanted (not the CGT), instead I got another all aluminum, mid-engine rear wheel drive car that kicks ass beyond belief. There's no rear visibility (I put in a back up camera), no lack of power (with a pulley and a tune it's close to 700rwhp) and I'm loving it, but I can't/won't give up the NSX. The NSX is like a scalpel, the Ford GT is like a machette, both have their place. It's kind of like your first love, your mind just keeps wandering back to her, no matter how happy you might be in your marriage, you can't erase it from your mind. The NSX will haunt you more than anyother woman could if you give her up. Look how many people have sold theirs and yet return!!!!!

Ur nsx is longer, thicker and faster than a G.

Be happy dun worry.

Believe me, both VegasNSX and I would gladly trade two cars for that Lambo right now if someone would take the trade. The sad part is after all the money you spend on mods you could have bought ______ or ______. That makes me want to cry after thinking about that.

Believe me, both VegasNSX and I would gladly trade two cars for that Lambo right now if someone would take the trade. The sad part is after all the money you spend on mods you could have bought ______ or ______. That makes me want to cry after thinking about that.

That is so true. But for those of us that are addicted to modding, we would buy a Lambo but then spend an additional X amount to mod it. And then we could say the same thing about the next step up. It's a never ending vicious cycle. Almost like a terrible drug. The addiction to modding. :(

Sorry for the off topic rant. Good looking car there Deltron. Enjoy it.

That is so true. But for those of us that are addicted to modding, we would buy a Lambo but then spend an additional X amount to mod it. And then we could say the same thing about the next step up. It's a never ending vicious cycle. Almost like a terrible drug. The addiction to modding. :(

Sorry for the off topic rant. Good looking car there Deltron. Enjoy it.

It is definitely like a drug. I am modding 2 other cars in addition to my NSX. Im not sure how far I would go with a Gallardo though. Especially when you consider the turbo systems are 35K without engine mods. :eek:

You're absolutely right. When I got the NSX over 6 years ago I didn't look far into the future at all.

I'm really trying to avoid any serious modifications - all I have now is the exhaust that came with the car. When I get the itch I just think about the LP 570-4 Superleggera I want to upgrade to in a few years and that helps.

My motivations are slightly different. I do like where my NSX is right now and based on my experiences it blows the Lambo G in almost every measurable performance metric I really care about. So for me it’s not really a performance upgrade. I think my main motivation is that the Lambo has always been my goal car. When I was a kid, I had Countach posters on my wall and would always say, one day I’ll have one of those. Not Ferrari, not Porsche, not NSX. Lamborghini. Now that time has passed, the Countach poster in my head has been replaced with the Gallardo. So for me, almost buying a Lamborghini would be my rite of passage to let me know that “I finally made it” like I dreamed when I was a kid and promised myself I would. Also, the Lambo brings some sort of inspiration out of me that few other cars do and it would be nice to have newer car than a nearly 20 year old car as my garage queen (even if it is heavily modified). At this point in my life, I can do it pretty comfortably. I would still keep my NSX so I would have that to fill my speed need and I would just buy the Lambo outright with cash so I wouldn’t need to worry about payments.

So what’s keeping me? Well several things. The first I mentioned is that my NSX is faster than the Lambo, and so in that regard, the Lambo doesn’t give me any performance I don’t already have. But more importantly, as I’ve gotten older and more financially stable, I realize that I don’t need to buy things like fancy cars to let me know that “I’ve finally made it”. I’ve realized that there are other ways (albeit less sexy) to know I’m on my way to meeting my goals: owning homes and property, a healthy retirement fund, not having to stress over money or purchases etc. Also, I’ve spent quite a bit of money on my NSX (probably around $100K all told) and I realize that it is not worth even 1/3 of that. So from a value perspective, it was a very bad choice. (However, from a gratification perspective, I believe I got near my investment value.) But such is the way with cars and I’m not sure I want that I want to drop another $100K+ on another asset just to piss away 2/3 of it all over again. Not that the Lambo would drop that much money but even several thousand dollars is too much. Not because I can’t afford to, but because a person doesn’t get (or stay) wealthy by making poor financial decisions. Anybody can make money and become rich, but only the wealthy understand money and make wise decisions so they can be and stay rich, even if you take their money away. I’m not saying I’m rich or wealthy, but it doesn’t mean I’m not striving to be both!

Not because I can’t afford to, but because a person doesn’t get (or stay) wealthy by making poor financial decisions.

Relatively speaking, I think of it more as a wise financial decision. You're getting a car that is still relatively new, yet has already depreciated greatly. That's what's great about exotics finally becoming more reliable. The 'rich' guys can buy them brand new, drive them for a couple years, then we can get em at a discount.

Relatively speaking, I think of it more as a wise financial decision. You're getting a car that is still relatively new, yet has already depreciated greatly. That's what's great about exotics finally becoming more reliable. The 'rich' guys can buy them brand new, drive them for a couple years, then we can get em at a discount.

We think very much alike and that was one of the factors really having me almost pull the trigger. The way I figure it is this. I've been watching the price of Lambos for the last few years and they've bottomed out in depreciation. Which makes sense, since the NSX seems to have done the same thing. So my thought was to buy a used Lambo G cash so I don't waste money financing. Drive it for about 3-5 years and sell it for near what I got it for. Even if it cost me $10K in depreciation, in 5 years that would only be $2,000 per year. Talk about the cheapest lease ever! And regardless what anybody tells you, cars are pretty liquid assets. My fear is, knowing my luck, I'd blow up the transmission, need a clutch replacement, and go through 2 sets of tires, not to mention upkeep, insurance and gas, and I could see myself blowing a lot of money on something I really don't need and would barely drive (or make me not drive the NSX, which I barely drive too).

Even if it cost me $10K in depreciation, in 5 years that would only be $2,000 per year. Talk about the cheapest lease ever!

If the car depreciated 130K in 5-6 years then why would it all of a sudden stop depreciating and be worth only $10K less in the next 5-6 years. I would say a 2004 G is going to be a $45-55K car in another 5 years.

We think very much alike and that was one of the factors really having me almost pull the trigger. The way I figure it is this. I've been watching the price of Lambos for the last few years and they've bottomed out in depreciation. Which makes sense, since the NSX seems to have done the same thing. So my thought was to buy a used Lambo G cash so I don't waste money financing. Drive it for about 3-5 years and sell it for near what I got it for. Even if it cost me $10K in depreciation, in 5 years that would only be $2,000 per year. Talk about the cheapest lease ever! And regardless what anybody tells you, cars are pretty liquid assets. My fear is, knowing my luck, I'd blow up the transmission, need a clutch replacement, and go through 2 sets of tires, not to mention upkeep, insurance and gas, and I could see myself blowing a lot of money on something I really don't need and would barely drive (or make me not drive the NSX, which I barely drive too).

You are right about a few things. The car will cost you money. It will cost you more than you plan on paying. It will depreciate way more than you expect. You won't be able to sell it as quickly as you think you can, even at a discount to market. Also what the hell is the sense in owning such a car if you don't use it. Mile matter when you buy but try and convince the person who buys from you that miles don't matter. So you don't drive the car? Then why even own the damn thing.
-----------------------------------------------
It's so funny that all these exotic car discussion always end up about the price of cars, what the car will lose in value and what the resale value will be. None of those above items should dictate any of the buying experience. A G or 360-430 would put a huge smile on any NSX owners face, the driving experience. The owning experience could empty their checking account, Like someone above said...one bad clutch, well if the fear of a busted clutch is going to keep you from driving the car after you've bought it *then just get a poster to stare at, it's cheaper* (**last line stolen from my favorite exotic car dealer**)

Anyone who thinks they are buying a 300k car for 130k and are going to drive it for a couple of years then sell it for 120k or 110k, think again because that is not what's going to happen. You are most likely going to lose 50k, The price of a 05 NSX.

Most NSX owner have been spoiled by no to little depreciation. Heck the NSX I had went up in value over my 4 years of ownership. But since selling the NSX and going through a dozen or so other cars I have lost a substantial amount in depreciation. It's a lot of freight but it was also a lot of fun.
Anyone who thinks they are going to play and not pay is wrong.

04 G's are 80k and that is where 130k 08's will be in 2 years. Sure the 04 is undesirable because of yada yada, but the same will be said about the 08 and everyone will want 10's for 130k thinking they will sell for 120k in a year or 2.

Back