• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lamborghini Gallardo Insights

I hope so, And the L-Cars are no where near as reliable. But oddly enough i will still buy a Murci when i sell my NSX

That is not very true, L-car is a bullet proof. Of course, it is more expensive to maintain such as the clutch - $5K to replace it. Order than that, you can change your own fluids and oil.

Last edited:
That is not very true, L-car is a bullet proof. Of course, it is more expensive to maintain such as the clutch - $5K to replace it. Order than that, you can change your own fluids and oil.

I will have to read the manual too then, cause I though ppls said you couldn't do anything to ferraris and lambos. Something like to change the oil you had to slide the engine out on a rail which I dont know the truth behind that statement (I think guy that told me that was full of $hit)

And the only 91 that will be worth more than an 02-05 is one that has 10k miles on it compared to a 100k on a 2002-2005 and thats not because I have an 02, I just dont see buying a 11 year older car in same condition for a higher price. Even on a collectors side, maybe the first 91 ever made but I think the last 05 ever would be the better buy.

Last edited:

I have to disagree with you there. The L car is bullet proof compared to a Ferrari but not compared to a NSX. The L car has too many Audi parts on it for you to be able to back up that statement. I wish it was just as reliable because I would love to own a Gallardo since I often think about buying the LP560 or Ford GT.

I wanna say about $350/month. I could get it a little lower, but I like to have more coverage than the average person.

that's a bit high.

State farm quoted me 150/month a few years ago. that's $1million umbrella ZERO deduct for comp/coll.

that's a bit high.

State farm quoted me 150/month a few years ago. that's $1million umbrella ZERO deduct for comp/coll.

I was off. I actually pay around $250/month, but your State Farm quote is a lot better. I had State Farm long ago and they were a lot higher than Farmers. Maybe things have changed.

I will have to read the manual too then, cause I though ppls said you couldn't do anything to ferraris and lambos. Something like to change the oil you had to slide the engine out on a rail which I dont know the truth behind that statement (I think guy that told me that was full of $hit)

I believe the Murcie that you have to pull the engine out, but not the Gallardo. Yet, Murcie is far more less reliable than G and the newer model is more reliable than the older ones.

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f47/curious-about-ownership-costs-16880/

I was off. I actually pay around $250/month, but your State Farm quote is a lot better. I had State Farm long ago and they were a lot higher than Farmers. Maybe things have changed.

My quote was for a Murci (back in the day DOT COM days).

I have to disagree with you there. The L car is bullet proof compared to a Ferrari but not compared to a NSX. The L car has too many Audi parts on it for you to be able to back up that statement. I wish it was just as reliable because I would love to own a Gallardo since I often think about buying the LP560 or Ford GT.

Well, we really don't know until we own them. This is what I have read and others have told me. Maybe Deltron Zero will let us know later.

Right, Deltron Zero?

Last edited:
Well, we really don't know until we own them. This is what I have read and others have told me. Maybe Deltron Zero will let us know later.

Right, Deltron Zero?

Well I can tell you from 1st hand experience from freinds that work for Audi and freinds that own them that they are not as reliable as a NSX. It does not change the fact that I would still like to own a G though. I guess it just makes a little reluctant the more I think about it.

I know this is off topic but I personally have always liked the ferraris more. In terms of reliability I wont ask to compare to an nsx.....as nothing compares to an nsx.... but in general regards to reliability, is it close to a lambo, or is the f430 much more reliable than a 360? I love the f430 but $$$ wise if I want to own one in the next 5 years or so it may be a 360 modena.

Right, Deltron Zero?

I think it depends on what you're comparing. An '04 NSX vs. an '04 Gallardo - sure the NSX is going to be more reliable. Having a '92 supercharged NSX with 133k miles on it , I think I took a big step up as far as reliability goes.

I think it depends on what you're comparing. An '04 NSX vs. an '04 Gallardo - sure the NSX is going to be more reliable. Having a '92 supercharged NSX with 133k miles on it , I think I took a big step up as far as reliability goes.

Dan,

I think it is too early to judge your G-car at the mileage that you have at this time. You got it at 40+K miles, have put on 1K miles and so far so good. You need to drive that baby 15K miles more. I really want to know when it hit 55-60K miles. If it is really bullet proof like what they have been saying, I will jump it.

Well I can tell you from 1st hand experience from freinds that work for Audi and freinds that own them that they are not as reliable as a NSX. It does not change the fact that I would still like to own a G though. I guess it just makes a little reluctant the more I think about it.

Would they (Audi dealer) work on G-car as well? The labor and parts might be cheaper than Lambo dealer.

Dan,

I think it is too early to judge your G-car at the mileage that you have at this time. You got it at 40+K miles, have put on 1K miles and so far so good. You need to drive that baby 15K miles more. I really want to know when it hit 55-60K miles. If it is really bullet proof like what they have been saying, I will jump it.

Actually, I got it with 23k miles. I honestly don't think I'll have it long enough to give it much of a long term reliability analysis. I'll probably jump into an '06 in a few years.

Great Idea

Right, Deltron Zero?
There are a few of us on here that currently own both, and quite a few that have sold their NSX's and are driving the Ford GT, I can tell you that in the few months I've owned the GT, I've put on almost 4,000 miles and have been trouble free, a complete joy to drive. The similarities between the two are as many as are the differences. Both cars bring a smile to my face when I see them and from behind the wheel as well, I highly recommend ownership of both!!!

Actually, I got it with 23k miles. I honestly don't think I'll have it long enough to give it much of a long term reliability analysis. I'll probably jump into an '06 in a few years.

You are killing me, man. Why did not you get the '06 to begin with. Now you will probably lose a several grands or more to trade it in.

Great Idea

There are a few of us on here that currently own both, and quite a few that have sold their NSX's and are driving the Ford GT, I can tell you that in the few months I've owned the GT, I've put on almost 4,000 miles and have been trouble free, a complete joy to drive. The similarities between the two are as many as are the differences. Both cars bring a smile to my face when I see them and from behind the wheel as well, I highly recommend ownership of both!!!

I have always loved the Gallardo but I think the GT is a better choice. Maintenance aside the GT is much cheaper to own than a 2006 or newer Gallardo. My problem is that I never dreamed of owning a Ford but I have always dreamed of the F car or Lambo. The Lambo engine sounds cooler and I like the interior a little bit better but then again there is a certain charm to the sparse interior of the GT. Most people on here will say "buy the G" but I think they say that because the Gallardo will get more attention. I could care less about that !! I want to buy the car based on my feelings not rock star like attention ! OMG I hit 1000 posts !!! LOL

Last edited:
I was never into owning a Ford myself but after hearing roger rant and rave about his and knowing he actually owns one not ( a friend at work or a neighbor said this and that) makes me want one even more. preferably red minus the stripes, lol

I will never like the look of the GT and I don't care how collectible it is going to be. If I would spend that much money, I want the look and performance. G-car all the way!

Back