• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lamborghini & NSX Outting

John - If you can get to the GSP rest area in Montvale (it's the last rest area before you hit New York) you can follow us up. I will be going over the Tappan Zee Bridge and heading for the Taconic Pkwy. I plan on meeting them at the Westchester Country Club. If someone will post the time we should meet at Westchester CC that would be really good, this way I can adjust my time at the GSP.

I know for sure WinReBoot is coming up with me as well, I don't know who else though.

On a side note, I84 heading East runs right into the Taconic. The only problem is timing will be dificult, you will have to find someplace to camp out and wait for us to fly by, and there is NO room on the side of the Taconic. If you choose this route you would probably have to sit on the side of I84 right near the entrance for the Taconic and wait for someone to radio you, then you could jump on.

You know, now that I think of it, I think there is a gas station, or a rest area as soon as you get on the Taconic (North bound) from I84. That would be perfect for you. There is a new guy on our thread from Hopewell Junction, he would be able to tell you exactly. I hope he reads the thread. In the mean time I will look on Mapquest for you.

John - I found that rest area I was refering to. It's just North of where you will be getting onto the Taconic Pkwy. It's a small rest stop, you could wait there for us to pass. I have no idea what time though.

Take a look a these overhead shots:

Attachments

• largemap.jpg
    largemap.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 247
here is a close up:

Attachments

• closeup.jpg
    closeup.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 241
Thanks Bob.......when did they close it?? I guess I haven't been up there in a while.

Thanks guys I'll f/u with this thread tommorow.Hey John you sure you don't work for the dept of defense!lol.

Pete will be scoping out a place tomorrow to meet on Route 52 which is the first exit north of 84 on the Taconic.

Nev and Ernie should meet at the Westchester CC in Harrison.

The Don and the NJ contingent should meet up with Bailey at the Cloisters unless they plan on taking the Tappan Zee in which case Harrison is better.

These two groups will be coming up separately and all will meet up at Copake.

DocJohn should be meeting Pete and me at the Route 52 exit. Either I or Pete will post that location tomorrow.

WCC

Hi Jadkar-

The meeting time at the Westchester Country Club is 7:00 a.m. as per the info. the organizers have sent me. See you all there!

Nev

whew am I jealous!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you guys are going to have a great day, and showing of the NE crowd. I'll be down in Atlanta visiting my daughter at college, and expect that between RSO and Bailey to see lots of great pictures, and get the report of the driving experience of La Bull. Safe driving and a great time to you all:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Re: whew am I jealous!!!!!!!!!!

RPM217 said:
Sounds like you guys are going to have a great day, and showing of the NE crowd. I'll be down in Atlanta visiting my daughter at college, and expect that between RSO and Bailey to see lots of great pictures, and get the report of the driving experience of La Bull. Safe driving and a great time to you all:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Can we switch cars that weekend :D :D :D

RSO 34 said:
Pete will be scoping out a place tomorrow to meet on Route 52 which is the first exit north of 84 on the Taconic.

Nev and Ernie should meet at the Westchester CC in Harrison.

The Don and the NJ contingent should meet up with Bailey at the Cloisters unless they plan on taking the Tappan Zee in which case Harrison is better.

These two groups will be coming up separately and all will meet up at Copake.

DocJohn should be meeting Pete and me at the Route 52 exit. Either I or Pete will post that location tomorrow.

If im the only one goin to the cloisters.....then i might as well just go to harrison and leave with the majority of the group....seems like everyone is goin to be heading there now.

jadkar said:
There is a new guy on our thread from Hopewell Junction, he would be able to tell you exactly. I hope he reads the thread.

Hey, you are talking about me!

I live right at the junction of the Taconic and RT 84.

It seems like Rt52 will be the meet spot. I have a sugestion:

(This is a suggestion, not the actual plan as per any of the official organizers!!!)

If you get off of the Taconic and drive WEST for 1/8 mile, there is a strip mall on the RIGHT that will be totally empty at that time of the AM. There is also a Sunoco Station (94 Octane!) if you want to top off.

I am waiting for Peter Mills to call me tonight to confirm the meet spot.

Hey, is Keith going? He's usually so quiet, that even when he's there you would barely notice?! I'll be at the WCC at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow. See you guys there!

Nev:D :cool:

NSXNEV said:
Hey, is Keith going? He's usually so quiet, that even when he's there you would barely notice?! I'll be at the WCC at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow. See you guys there!

Nev:D :cool:

Nev, Keith told me that he was caught up with a lot of work. He mentioned that he might show up if he could finish the work before the event.

Hey Guys,

I will (hopefully) attending as well. I hope nobody objects to a lowly Chebby attending.

I'll be at the Chartlon Rest Stop at 9 in a silver Z06.

If anything changes in regards to the meeting place, would somebody email me? Or drop me a line on my cell 857 919 1831.

Should be a blast!

-N

Guys,

I think only WinReBoot is meeting me, but if there is anyone else meeting up at the GSP rest area please note:

**I will be at the Montvale rest area at 6:00AM and leaving SHARPLY at 6:15AM. We will be heading over the Tappan Zee Bridge heading for Westchester Country Club for their meeting at 7:00AM. Please PM me if you plan on meeting up with us in Montvale.

John

Hi Guys

I plan to go to the Cloisters staging area instead of WCC. Anybody else meeting there?

See everybody tomorrow.

Don

ps. Jadkar, I have your mat in my trunk.

Don - Thanks for remembering the mat :)

I was gonna meet in NYC but I didn't want to change to this tire and wheel combo :D:D

Attachments

• 4x4nsx.jpg
    4x4nsx.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 164
Up to you, but I think it is closer than going out to WCC :)

I haven't been up that way in a while so it will ad to the adventure.

See ya at Copake then

Bailey,

Please call my cell tomorrow when you are nearing the 84/Taconic merge.

Bob

p.s. my office computer is a little screwy so I can't access my old emails - please private me your cell - thanks!

thedon67 said:
Hi Guys

I plan to go to the Cloisters staging area instead of WCC. Anybody else meeting there?

See everybody tomorrow.

Don

ps. Jadkar, I have your mat in my trunk.

Ill be there at the Cloisters Don. See you in the am!

Back