• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Last Day of the Year - 1st Post From a New Owner!

So, first of all, I want thank the NSXPrime community in advance. The amount of information on here has made the process of finally pulling the trigger that much easier and well informed. You guys made it possible for me to act quickly when my car came along. I’ve been around cars my whole life and with my father, we rebuilt classic American muscle cars from the time I was 12. So, while not a mechanic by trade, I know enough to be dangerous. That being said, any major maintenance will be performed by Larry B since I’m lucky enough to live less than an hour away from him.

The 1999 Kaiser Silver coupe that was listed here on prime was my ultimate purchase. Secretly, it’s the exact car I’ve always wanted, but I never thought I’d get the opportunity to find one of the five out there, let alone buy one. Throughout my search process, I had a bit of a tug-o-war on exactly what it was I wanted. The NSX is a car I’ve loved since I first saw it in a book as a concept way back in 1990 or so. There was something about that all-black canopy that made the car look other-worldly to me. On the other side, the NA2 improvements were something I really wanted too. So throughout my search I was looking at both NA1 and NA2 variants and came oh so close on a couple cars.

Right when I was about to throw in the towel and settle on a very good car, but not quite ideal, I saw the post for this car and I simply couldn’t believe it. Could it be? An NA2 coupe in my absolute favorite color of all AND fully stock? NO WAY!!!! I think my heart skipped a beat or two. I emailed the poster right away and figured I’d get a response quickly. I literally could not sleep all night waiting for a response. When a number popped up on my phone from his area code the next morning, I was fully expecting him to say “Sorry, but the car has already been sold.” But I was actually his 1[SUP]st[/SUP] call-back to the inquiries. We spent about an hour on the phone going over the history and details of the car. The car is and always has been a fully stock car. No mods cosmetic or otherwise.

Satisfied with all that I was hearing, we agreed to a price (based on all the sales data I had been tracking for about 6 months; and I’m happy to provide pricing guidance for those looking :wink: ) and I sent a deposit right away. I hung up the phone and booked a NY to FLA flight for the very next morning. The anticipation was enormous. When I finally got to his house, I was very pleasantly surprised to find that when he said he had some mechanical prowess, he undersold that point BIG TIME. I would say he’s got more skill and knowledge under his belt than many trained mechanics, not to mention his own hydraulic lift in his garage…. The only issue with this will be the fact that there is a lack of service records under his ownership. He was the second owner of the car. First owner had it on a 5 year lease and returned it to Honda. He owned and maintained it for the next 10. So yeah, big gap in service records, but I’m more than comfortable that it was maintained to a very high standard. Oh, that and he only put 7K miles on the thing over the past 10 years…..

So, the deal was done.

Anyway, as I sit here typing this, the car is on its way back up the east coast to CT where it will stay for at least the next 10 years. I’m very excited to be a part of the community here on Prime.

-Josh

IMG_20141211_171232.jpgIMG_20141211_171905.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! What a way to end the New Year!! Congratulatioons!!

Wow ! Great story - your patient search was well rewarded --- looks like a beauty for sure! Sounds like the previous owner really took top notch care of it too. Welcome Josh, and congrats on your purchase !

great another NE owner.....seems you already know some of the players in our region...hope to see you at some events.You should target nsxpo in palm springs as a good reason to put some miles on that na2 coupe.

great another NE owner.....seems you already know some of the players in our region...hope to see you at some events.You should target nsxpo in palm springs as a good reason to put some miles on that na2 coupe.

Yep, lurking around the boards, I feel like I know some of you already. Larry B actually came on my to check one of the cars I was very close on in the NE, but fortunately/unfortunately, that deal fell through. What an awesome dude. Will def. be attending events and miles WILL be put on the car. Just not sure a cross country one is in the cards with my co-pilot being only 7.

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations!

Looks like a awesome find. Hope to see you at some of the NSXCA functions this spring.

I put in my application and payment a few weeks back for NSXCA membership, but haven't gotten anything back yet. I'll chalk that up to being the holiday season and all, but yes, I can't wait until spring to get together with the rest of the NE crew.

Congrats on the rare find. She looks like a beauty.

Awesome buy. Time for CT to upgrade it representation. Can't wait to see it.

Great looking car. Congratulations.

Thanks all for the welcome posts and PMs. I'll certainly get some more pics up after I have a chance to actually CLEAN the car and take some better pics. May be a while until the weather turns, but I promise you all, this car WILL be driven and I'll see you all in the spring!

In the mean time, I continue to track transaction data for all the sales I can find. I think it's useful for guys here when it comes time to buy or sell. Happy to share my thoughts on pricing, but I won't be giving out the data or details of any specific transaction as I have promised the parties that I would not.

Back