• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LED NSX Tail lights on Yahoo! Japan auctions

I love these, too bad he's not making them anymore. I would pay good money for this conversion.

Henry.

I have always been more partial to this design:

web%20taillights%201.jpg

web%20taillights%202.jpg

P3060164.JPG

It seems it would also be far easier to produce?

The GT-ROM Prototypes still look better to me....these ones are ok.....still not enough to make me want them that bad. Thanks for the pics though Ramy.

Maybe we should contact jdnsx and make him an offer he cannot refuse ;)

hehe...

Henry.

I have contact info for a shop that does similar work for Mr2... I sent them a picture, and they said this kind of retrofit should be very easy, using pre-fabbed led panels. It has not been a priority, I am trying to get a large quantity of nsx-r spoilers made, but perhaps in a few months, if there is interest, I can get a few sets made up.

I think this type of design is more visually appealing than a large rectangle panel, it eliminates the concern over corner lights, and if its easier (and therefore less expensive) that provides all the more reason to investigate further.

I think the hardest part is not the led panels, it's ripping apart the taillights without cracking them. I did my rear center piece in hot water a few years ago, ended up with many many hair line cracks inside. :frown:

I wanted to do led taillights for years, but clearcorners are just way too costly to justify.

Henry.

I think the hardest part is not the led panels, it's ripping apart the taillights without cracking them. I did my rear center piece in hot water a few years ago, ended up with many many hair line cracks inside. :frown:

I wanted to do led taillights for years, but clearcorners are just way too costly to justify.

Henry.
The problem is when you actually see them in person {I saw Matt337's} you start thinking, yes it's worth it.:rolleyes:

I have contact info for a shop that does similar work for Mr2... I sent them a picture, and they said this kind of retrofit should be very easy, using pre-fabbed led panels. It has not been a priority, I am trying to get a large quantity of nsx-r spoilers made, but perhaps in a few months, if there is interest, I can get a few sets made up.

I think this type of design is more visually appealing than a large rectangle panel, it eliminates the concern over corner lights, and if its easier (and therefore less expensive) that provides all the more reason to investigate further.
Hey man. Lemme know if you wanna give it a shot or if you'd prefer to lemme try, as I may know someone who can do it. But def. not trying to step on anyone's toes ;)

~Ramy

hey y'all..

i am very interested with LED taillights.. im hoping to get good feedback..

:cool:

Thought I would bump this as a new design appears to have shown up on Yahoo Japan for about $600 on a core exchange basis. link

Attachments

• samway033-img600x401-1228745682xaeknv44518.jpg
    samway033-img600x401-1228745682xaeknv44518.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 193
  • samway033-img600x401-1228745683eapdzt44518.jpg
    samway033-img600x401-1228745683eapdzt44518.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 209
  • samway033-img600x401-1228920520t1ovti45491.jpg
    samway033-img600x401-1228920520t1ovti45491.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 170
Thought I would bump this as a new design appears to have shown up on Yahoo Japan for about $600 on a core exchange basis. link

Damn Japanese! There they go making everything better and cheaper. Gotta say I like that design way better than the clearcorners rear tail lights. If the dollar is on a 13 year low against the yen how is it they can do this for so much less:confused:

after that fed rate cut yesterday the dollar fell against the yen again..........now at ~ 87 to the dollar......its crazy.

Hello all,
Those were the second protos made by Mr. Yamamoto and being "advertised" on Yahoo!Japan. It is a great way for local owners to know what's available by just typing NSX and then looking through some vendor sales. We have been selling them but the price starts at about 60,000 Yen. They are essentially a one off using your core and being hand done by Mr. Yamamoto. He's doing mine I just don't know if I will want to keep the old school ones or upgrade to the '02 style.

Check with Ravi on pricing, he might be placing an order with us soon. But again, the core is needed or you have to add the price of a new set of lights onto the labor!

Happy Holidays and I sure wish HONDA would send me my new headlight balasts for Xmas...:frown:

DJ

Damn Japanese! There they go making everything better and cheaper. Gotta say I like that design way better than the clearcorners rear tail lights. If the dollar is on a 13 year low against the yen how is it they can do this for so much less:confused:
The prices have nothing to do with the current dollar exchange or anything near related to that.The problem with prices here is pure labeling.For example lets say aero products.For NSX your paying on average of $1,000 and up for a pair of "good" side skirts,some of them even being replicas.While on s2k forum you can get AUTHENTIC japanese name brand skirts for half that price.Trust me they are using the same fiberglass,etc.They just figure NSX owners have more $ to spend on parts,it being a "higher end" vehicle so their goes the prices.I mean I really doubt a Corolla,Civic,etc owners would pay $2k to get their tails turned into LEDs.You can deny it all you want but its sadly true.

Now thats the problem with pricing on here if you ask me. :mad:

Another example would be engine stuff.Lets just say a turbokit.They hit for about $15k for nsx! I couldnt stop laughing when I saw that the 1st time.I have many resources here in town.I pieced together all of my s2ks turbo kit with the highest of everything,custom tubular manifold,gt35r,tial everything,aem ems,the whole works.And even then I still spent like half of that $15k if not more.Using pretty much the same components as a kit on here,not gonna say their name but they dont have a good rep on s2k forum.

Sounds Good to me!!
if you figure USD $600-700 for the work, and even with purchasing a new set of lights, ... you're still going to come in $$$ Under what CC's is charging now! :) :)

Hello all,
Those were the second protos made by Mr. Yamamoto and being "advertised" on Yahoo!Japan. It is a great way for local owners to know what's available by just typing NSX and then looking through some vendor sales. We have been selling them but the price starts at about 60,000 Yen. They are essentially a one off using your core and being hand done by Mr. Yamamoto. He's doing mine I just don't know if I will want to keep the old school ones or upgrade to the '02 style.

Check with Ravi on pricing, he might be placing an order with us soon. But again, the core is needed or you have to add the price of a new set of lights onto the labor!

Happy Holidays and I sure wish HONDA would send me my new headlight balasts for Xmas...:frown:

DJ

Hello all,

DJ

updates?

I will be sending over a few sets of my own to Japan in the next couple of weeks for the conversion at GT DESIGN. If anyone is interested to have their lights converted I can facilitate. DJ thanks for the referral.

Dollar/Yen conversion is pretty good right now

Thanks

Rav

Last edited:
Back