• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Let's all welcome DocJohn as the new owner of Prime!

very clever....and funny.From my experience this site started as a social hub for anything nsx.The pure forum space is very well utilized and is relatively easy to moderate/contain.The piece of the puzzle that is more problematic is the for sale arena.Talk is cheap and sticks and stones ect.....but selling real stuff to each other..stranger to stranger well that represents assets and goods that can be good or bad......those transactions gone poorly spill out into the other parts of prime...and managing that section wastes more time..plus the collateral on the social side. There is a very big need for the for sale forums..and they need to exist in some form,whether to have them coexist with the social side as we have is up for debate. Anywho The site will remain as is for now .The key has always been to allow members creative freedom within the bounds of good taste/common sense and decorum......as if we were all in a room face to face.

A big "THANK YOU" to Lud for all the fine work you have done over the years. I don't know what to say other than:

"CONGRATS and BEST WISHES" to you docjohn.

Will the kids be helping you out on this adventure?

ps: Sorry we won't be seeing you on Saturday @ car show. Good Luck Pal. Rich

Wow - I thought it was an April's prank as well.

Though I'm still not believing it.

Is it twue?
Is it twue what everyone says?

It's twue!
It's twue!

I'm sure there are many of you that can name that movie.

This is un-real but if it is true, then i agree, Lud should leave some official farewell comment on this & let the dust settle for sure.

Thanks guys..news coming in the next few days.

Thanks guys..news coming in the next few days.

Can't wait, c'mon Doc spill it already!!!! I've heard a rumor that you're selling your practice to go full time on Prime!!!!!

I heard he's going to hide behind some secretive gated compound and employ little green men to run it.

Thanks Lud for your hard work over the years. It sort of feels like the cult got taken over by a new Dear Leader and he's asking us if we want Koolaid. Naw, congrats DocJohn I'm sure you'll do us proud.

I'm going to do us proud in the cloud:wink:

Docjohn is taking over this forum? Well this site will be dead soon :)

Far from it. So guys and gals.We plan on server migration to the new cloud platform may 31,trying to go live on June 1st.First and foremost I will try to practice the tolerance that Lud had for his, now my site.My tech team tells me they can have an enhanced v bulletin platform that is more mobile friendly.from the perspective of the end user...you all will not have any less than you do now.I am going to spin off the for sale forum onto its own site called the prime exchange.Bump rules will change and replies can be made in threads.The vendor sections will still be with the regular forums for easy dissemination of info.But all the drama of the for sale forums will be carved out and handled separately from these forums.Now the charitable donation user designation system will remain ,but there will be tangible benefits for those who give up to certain amounts.Those include a private forum where there will be better chat access with some of our very helpful experts on the nsx.There will be some different user interfaces that will allow ad bypass as well.The wiki will be revised and enhanced.I will have a technical moderator to help with the usual computer program glitches that will invariably pop up.We will have more direct links to the nsxca.The storage capacity of prime and the effective bandwidth will be increased.I will still allow the usual freedom of speech ,but the same rules about politics/and religion will still apply.Our prime store will have expanded apparel items.Lud will be devoting more time to his EV site and the new nsx.Thanks for reading.

What about the "frequent participant rewards" we discussed. I thought that was a "given"!!!!

Far from it. So guys and gals.We plan on server migration to the new cloud platform may 31,trying to go live on June 1st.First and foremost I will try to practice the tolerance that Lud had for his, now my site.My tech team tells me they can have an enhanced v bulletin platform that is more mobile friendly.from the perspective of the end user...you all will not have any less than you do now.I am going to spin off the for sale forum onto its own site called the prime exchange.Bump rules will change and replies can be made in threads.The vendor sections will still be with the regular forums for easy dissemination of info.But all the drama of the for sale forums will be carved out and handled separately from these forums.Now the charitable donation user designation system will remain ,but there will be tangible benefits for those who give up to certain amounts.Those include a private forum where there will be better chat access with some of our very helpful experts on the nsx.There will be some different user interfaces that will allow ad bypass as well.The wiki will be revised and enhanced.I will have a technical moderator to help with the usual computer program glitches that will invariably pop up.We will have more direct links to the nsxca.The storage capacity of prime and the effective bandwidth will be increased.I will still allow the usual freedom of speech ,but the same rules about politics/and religion will still apply.Our prime store will have expanded apparel items.Lud will be devoting more time to his EV site and the new nsx.Thanks for reading.
Pretty cool plan!

Some quick thoughts
* like the spin-off of for sale section.
* users should be rewarded somehow for a wiki contribution
* it would be great to up-vote certain posts or recommend certain threads, not as stickies (because too intrusive) but into a section of high quality reads
* once the wiki's are more robust (thanks to whomever has been maintaining it so far!) they should be sprinkled here and there so easier to see/access
* users should be able to @tag other users in a post. this will notify the user via PM (or email) they were tagged. I use this extensively on other forums and very helpful

Might have some other nuggets later but it's near Friday and my brain is small.

Thanks. I'm all ears to reasonable suggestions.

I didn't realize how many hard up lonely guys we have on line.:eek:

Back