• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Let's see your side skirts

Mike's skirts were modified to sit the way they do. Unfortunately, there are no simple adjustments that can be done to get them to sit flush.

I see.....well, any tips to give my body shop?? :smile:

Z, I had this discussion this week and when my skirts come in I will be doing that and bringing up the gap from the bottom of the door to provide better lines.

I don't remember the exact details, but essentially, it needs to be cut and reshaped. A competent shop should know what needs to be done.

Thanks guys. I wanted to avoid leaving my car at the body shop and prefer to just drop side skirts off and pick them up. Don't think that will work in this instance. But thanks again.

Thanks guys. I wanted to avoid leaving my car at the body shop and prefer to just drop side skirts off and pick them up. Don't think that will work in this instance. But thanks again.

i havent seen anyone with stacey side that doesnt fit correctly. do you have any pictures of someone with the stacey side not flush? im planning on getting them also and from what i read throughout the forum most people say they fit very well.

i havent seen anyone with stacey side that doesnt fit correctly. do you have any pictures of someone with the stacey side not flush? im planning on getting them also and from what i read throughout the forum most people say they fit very well.

It's not a filament issue, it's a design issue. The Stacys side skirts bulge a tad where the rear of the side skirt meets the rear quarter panel, just below the air vent. Mike's NSX, you can see his have been modified to remove the bulge and it appears more flush.....which is my only grip with the Stacys side skirts.

It's all personal opinion however.

Mike, I love your ride. Any tips on how to get the Stacy's sides to sit more flush towards the rears like yours? I'd like mine to look similar to yours, but on my black NSX... :smile:

Thanks for the compliment.

Sorry for not replying sooner. Graeme is right, I just asked the shop to make the rear part of the Stacy's side skirt to sit more flush to the body.

Good luck with your project.

Mike

Thanks for the compliment.

Sorry for not replying sooner. Graeme is right, I just asked the shop to make the rear part of the Stacy's side skirt to sit more flush to the body.

Good luck with your project.

Mike

Thanks Mike. Sorry to bite your style....but I think your altered Stacy's side skirts are the best of the best. :smile:

Last edited:
Yea, I pmed mike about the skirts awhile back. That bulge kills it for me also.
The fit on Mike's side skirts look factory. As he says "pay once cry once"!!! LOL A good bodyshop and enough money can do wonders.:smile:

Thanks Mike. Sorry to bite your style....but I think your altered Stacy's side skirts are the best of the best. :smile:

No worries, anyone who wants to copy anything I have done to my NSX, is more than welcome to do so.

Be sure to post pics, as I want to see other NSX's with the modified Stacy side skirts.

Mike

Back