• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

List on Turo?

Anyone did or thinking of doing?

If the car is in collectors condition then understandably no but for ones with say over 100k miles already...

What would be the rental price?

Personally, would never consider doing it, but your car, your choice. If it's an automatic, better than renting a manual, with someone burning out your clutch, on the first rental!!!

High mileage or not, you would have to be a total dumbass to do something like this with your NSX.

It makes all kind of sense...if you don't mind making a few bucks and having some kid who plays Grand Theft Auto and will never own an NSX drive your car and whale on it, hard. I would never consider doing it.

I would never do it for a simpler reason - potential legal liability. By renting your car you would be invalidating your personal insurance coverage and their promise to over you with “up to $1 million in coverage” may not be enough to protect you when the driver causes an accident.

I would never do it for a simpler reason - potential legal liability. By renting your car you would be invalidating your personal insurance coverage and their promise to over you with “up to $1 million in coverage” may not be enough to protect you when the driver causes an accident.

If having some tool abusing your car isn't a good enough reason to forget about your plan, this certainly should be!

haha you should keep some thoughts private:dejection:

Sometime in 2017 (I think?) I saw a red one listed on Turo. It was in Washington or Oregon. Later, it was listed on Craigslist. No idea if the Craigslist ad was authentic or not. The ad was fairly informed, so it could have been real. The Turo listening was authentic though.

Anyways, if the above was true, it was an interesting method to get a few extra bucks while trying to sell the car. As others has already mentioned, it would not be my choice of business.

In this case, I believe the risk outweighs the reward.

Curious what you might think the "reward" would be. There is no upside to a transaction like this. Total and complete stupidity given the fact that many parts (i.e. door window glass) are NLA from Honda / Acura. Even if the car comes back - body panels intact - the mechanicals will be beat to shit (I know if I rented one I would get my money's worth). In the realm of stupid ideas, this (renting out your NSX) has to be number 1. I think I would let someone talk me into base jumping before I would rent out my NSX.

Last edited:
After some immediate negative thoughts, I checked it out.

Renting your 2018 NSX will net you about $220/day per their online carculator. I assume an older NSX would go for about half that.

You can set mileage limits, require deposits, put trackers in the cars, make certain conditions for rental, require gas receipts showing premium fuel, etc. In my area, I see a few college kids renting out their new 2018 M3's for $150 per day.

I'm not about to pimp my cars for MANY reasons, but it does sound interesting.

Last edited:
I would do it but I would have to be in the car....shotgun...:tongue:

I'm sure your insurance company would LOVE this idea.

They would disclaim coverage in the event of an incident unless there is a specific endorsement for leasing your car for hire. For a long time Uber drivers were flying under the radar and then the insurance carriers caught on and make them buy livery policies.

Curious what you might think the "reward" would be. There is no upside to a transaction like this. Total and complete stupidity given the fact that many parts (i.e. door window glass) are NLA from Honda / Acura. Even if the car come back - body panels intact - the mechanicals will be beat to shit (I know if I rented one I would get my money's worth). In the realm of stupid ideas, this (renting out your NSX) has to be number 1. I think I would let someone talk me into base jumping before I would rent out my NSX.

The reward is the amount of money you can make by renting your car. I believe that the money made by renting your NSX is outweighed by the financial losses from the risks discussed in this thread.

comparable cars in my area

After some immediate negative thoughts, I checked it out.

Renting your 2018 NSX will net you about $220/day per their online carculator. I assume an older NSX would go for about half that.

You can set mileage limits, require deposits, put trackers in the cars, make certain conditions for rental, require gas receipts showing premium fuel, etc. In my area, I see a few college kids renting out their new 2018 M3's for $150 per day.

I'm not about to pimp my cars for MANY reasons, but it does sound interesting.
Out of curiosity, looked into available inventory in my area (Chicago metro)...
- Porsche 911 (2019) - $934/day
- Dodge Viper (2006) - $654/day
- Mercedes AMG GT (2016) - $629/day
- Porsche 911 (2014) - $595/day
- Maser Granturismo (2014) - $594/day
- BMW 6-series (2008) - $510/day
- Audi R8 (2012) - $399/day
- Mercedes SL (2012) - $255/day
- BMW M3 (2018) - $253/day
- BMW 4 series (2015) - $225/day
- Jaguar F-type convertible (2014) - $195/day

According to Turo's website, there is another insurance company to use for renting out your car, similar to rental companies giving you the option to use their insurance. There are exotics listed on there by people, car dealers, and rental companies so probably because they are able to write off the depreciation. So for cars that are appreciating like the NSX it does not make as much business sense. Though there are some Aventadors which have been appreciating listed on there. I've seen plenty of 2017 NSX on there which may be depreciating now but who knows if it will appreciate in the future. I think it comes down to how much feeling you have for your car.

Nope I would never. No chance. Please don't, some kid who can't drive stick will rent it and try to learn on it on the way. I know because I know people who have done this with other manual cars on Turo. Ugh.

There was a guy here on the news that rented his high end Lexus sedan on Turo. The guy never saw his car again, even though the renter was approved and authorized. He also has no legal leg to stand on. Turo disclaims responsibility, his insurance will not pay, and the guy is up shits creek.

Back