• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Look at this hood!!

010510.jpg

Don't know if this comes out... It is also on the wwwkawagen-sports.com website. Looks like an f-40 style hood. Hmm...wonder if chris could get it for me?

With the big smile grille (complete even with dimples) and those intakes forming a nose, what it reminds me of most is a cartoon character! :)

Also, since it is up front and well behind the radiator, it seems like the only intake or cooling it could provide would be to keep the spare tire cool.

------------------
Chip Alexander
'97 Blue/Tan NSX-T with Tubi Exhaust, Italian Horn
'92 Green/Tan Lexus SC400 Coupe
'02 Blue/Tan BMW 325iT Sportwagon

[This message has been edited by calexand (edited 21 January 2003).]

Snooping a little bit on their site and using the mildly useful altavista babelfish it seems like they're developing quite a few parts for the NSX right now.

The rear diffuser (and LED) and hood being the two most interesting in my opinion.

Here are some pix:

Talk about some crazy front fenders...

122407.jpg

Blue?

122409.jpg

Badass rear diffuser + semi-center exit dual:

122416.jpg

[This message has been edited by Rubber Chicken (edited 21 January 2003).]

Look how far the fender comes off the body! I'm a fan of this style fender, but this particular one is a bit extreme.

122417.jpg

Such a sharp crease...

122413.jpg

They have two models of hoods, this one is the more streamlined one:

stealth001.jpg

This one has a more agressive edge:

stealth002.jpg

Here they are again:

kstealth01.jpg
kstealth00.jpg

The best thing about this design is the side mirrors! I love what they did to move the mirrors on that little triangle section on the windows.

The NSX is by far the best looking car ever... but my one hang-up is how the side mirrors purtrude from the doors and not that triangle section. IMO it kind of detracts from the "flow" of the car and was wondering if they could be placed on that window section.

As a related side note:
I saw Peter Cunningham's RealTime NSX at Portland a year ago and spoke with the head mechanic after I asked him why the mirrors were on the triangle section and not on the doors. He said their NSX was a "pre-production" model and there were some styling changes made before the NSX went into production.

But, does anyone know why the mirrors were moved from the window post to the doors?

Originally posted by Optikal:
But, does anyone know why the mirrors were moved from the window post to the doors?

Maybe it has to do with clearing the front fenders?

When you open the door all the way, the mirror might hit the front fenders, since they're considerably protruding from the rest of the body.

Couple of comments...

1) I can't get over how awful and unfinished rear diffusers like the above look.

2) How ironic that Rubber Chicken posted immediately after Ken's "Screaming Chicken" post

Originally posted by Optikal:
The best thing about this design is the side mirrors! I love what they did to move the mirrors on that little triangle section on the windows.

The NSX is by far the best looking car ever... but my one hang-up is how the side mirrors purtrude from the doors and not that triangle section. IMO it kind of detracts from the "flow" of the car and was wondering if they could be placed on that window section.

As a related side note:
I saw Peter Cunningham's RealTime NSX at Portland a year ago and spoke with the head mechanic after I asked him why the mirrors were on the triangle section and not on the doors. He said their NSX was a "pre-production" model and there were some styling changes made before the NSX went into production.

I want to see someone put a OEM testarossa mirrors on a NSX..I LOVE those side view mirrors! Anyone know what I am talking about?

------------------
Resident E38er

-97 NSX "Nina" #183

Rubber chicken, the actual style is just about the same on the 2 mirrors, but I am fan of 2 as opposed the the lone flying mirror...gives the car a more balanced look.

Side note: Any photoshoppers that can put TR mirrors on a NSX?

BTW damn I love TRs..so pretty
smile.gif

------------------
Resident E38er

-97 NSX "Nina" #183

Originally posted by doraemonracer:
The White TypeR NSX from Kawagan Racing is on cover car for the 2003 January Option 2 Magazine

The rims on this red nsx looks like the Advan Model-5
010510.jpg

car.jpg

I love the Body kit on this blue one and rear spoiler is beautifull not too big and "wingy". Does anyone know what kind of spoiler is on the last blue car?

I want to see someone put a OEM testarossa mirrors on a NSX..I LOVE those side view mirrors! Anyone know what I am talking about?
the japanese company revolution makes testarossa style side view mirrors that mount where they belong - on the triangular section. you can see them in the nsx edition of hyperrev (vol. 32) on page 113. they look nice but are a little small. i also like revolution's fixed headlight buckets. could someone scan this page and post it?

Back