• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking a little thin on top

I would suggest the micro-graft surgical solution. It is porbably the only one that is really going to work. I could never take a pill a day or run stuff on my head everyday. Surgical repair or cut it all off short.

Dr Walter Unger -M.D. F.R.C. P(C). F.A.C.P.

Dr Walter Unger -M.D. F.R.C. P(C). F.A.C.P.

The most important thing is to frame the face. You want a strong, well defined hairline, one that matches your features. Consider hair transplants, the procedure has remained basically unchanged since 1957. We all know what a bad transplant looks like, but a good one is invisible. One of the best in the field is Walter P. Unger. He has an office here in NY, so you should take advantage of it, at least for the front. Make an appointment for a consultation.

Famous Client #1) Michael Douglas, actor/husband of Catherine Zeta Jones.

Famous Client #2) Alex Lifeson, guitarist for the 70's band Rush.

http://www.walterunger.com/

dave22 said:
Just curious, how do they get a perscription for Proscar without a prostate problem?

Just ask your Doctor for it. Once a medication has been FDA approved doctors can prescribe it "off label", which is to say prescribe it for something other than what it was approved for.

Many medications come in various doses but cost the same. If you ask your Doctor they'll generally have no trouble prescribing double the dose you need with the understanding you'll be halving the pills. This is a nice way for those without insurance to keep their medication costs down.

There are two issues with doing this with regards to Propecia/Proscar (that I can think of):

1) Proscar is covered by insurance, Propecia is not, so your insurance company may get pissed and not pay.

2) Anybody with access to your medical file will likely assume you have prostate problems, this could be an issue when changing insurance companies as they may decide you have a pre-existing condition.

You guys should really check out http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/ if you haven't already.

It is about as informative as it comes for hair loss issues. Tons of information, like the hairloss equivalent of nsxprime, lol.

Especially if any of you guys are considering a hair transplant, you really need to read everything in that section, tons of great information and will educate you pretty good on some of the ins and outs and info and real world results from the top docs in the world. That is definetly one thing you need to research very carefully :)

After a lot of reading, I decided to take Propecia several months back for preventative. I am not balding too much yet, but my hair is receding somewhat near the temples (I was noticing more hair on my pillow at night too) After a few months, I was not noticing hardly any hair on my pillow so it looks like it is helping.

Here is my question, Propecia has gone up in price to $77 per month which is too much for preventative maintenance in my book. My primary care physician will not perscribe Proscor because there is no way to cut it so that the portions are even and they are worried about liability on their end. Are these generics from India truly the same, or do I have to worry about anything? Is there another way for me to get the Proscor in 1 Mg tabs or make it more easily cutable or to just get it in general since my doc is a sissy? :biggrin:

hey, yes I would say mostly no problems with generics from India, none that I have ever heard of at least. You can get a little pill cutter that can cut the proscar into equal 1/4 pieces. Many people take the 1/4 every other day. It is 1.25 mg that way. I am surprised your doctor want prescribe it to you.

Proscar is definetly the way to go cost wise and just as effective since that is how they discovered the active ingredient was growing hair when they were prescribing it for prostate problems.

Who needs hair when you have an NSX?
biggrin.gif

why not just find spray paint to match the rest of your hair color? wasn't that big a few years back? :wink:

Exciting news: I bought a product 2 months ago made by Alterna. It's called Life Restore. You get a shampoo, conditioner, and a spray that you use every day. I can't believe it actually is working. I have hair coming back where I was receeding. Very exciting... $80.00 per kit. Same kit bought two months ago, still have half left. As well as growing new hair, it makes the existing hair feel smooth as silk. My stylist told me the product does not work for all, but it is amazing how well it is working for me. For $80.00, it's worth a shot. Right?

Back