• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LOTUS TT VS BASCH SUPERCHARGED NSX

It will be interesting to see how you feel your NSX when it is twin-turbo'd, compares to the Lotus. Do you have a timeline on that project?

Hi Allan!

We are pretty much talking about drag performances but how does your Lotus handle on a track?

Some questions ( BTW thanks about the Hayabusa info! )

1- I would like to get an early Diablo
( @490 hp ) and upgrade braking system, what's the lowest price I can get for a good one? I'd like to pay less than 200 000$ can for it ( i.e. 124 000$ us )is it realistic?

2- What are the best deals and when to buy it, I would also consider to buy it in your nice country!

3- What do you think about Mario Andretti's driver skills?

I agree with nice sounding of Ferrari's V8...

I have no idea when im going to do it, because no my wife says that if im going to put a bunch of money in the nsx, shed rather have a diablo roadster or ferrari 355 spider. Im rather looking forward to having a diablo roadster and a murcielago now! heres the pictures i took sorry i forgot: www.msnusers.com/lotusnsx

effer, for 124,000 U.S. you can buy a nice diablo, an early 91 car will set you back about 90,000 for a nice one, with all updates, than you can use the remaining cash for some upgrades as brakes, exhasut, wheels, and pocket the rest.

Ive met Mario Andretti several times, very nice guy and very big Lambo enthusiast.

The Lotus handles unbelievably, and the brakes are incredible!

The lotus looks great in those pics, even in comparison. BUT it does have a sort of Pontiac body cladding appeal to it.

As for the NSX, kudos to the guy for the BBSC but major FUBARs for the steel plate engine cover and those wheels. Ick.

Nice pics. The front of that Lotus is UGLY..

The NSX looks sweet, but I will agree with Ponyboy on that engine cover.. yuk! Wheels.. ahh.. they are ok.

In my eyes the Lotus looks much more dated than the NSX. The smooth-flowing lines of the NSX looks much better than the gimmicky styling of the Lotus.

Considering looks are vastly subjective and vary greatly from person to person, I am sure the Lotus looks beautiful in the eyes of many, but just not mine. Sorry.

I would agree that from a heads on view, both the Lotus and the Nsx look great, id rate them about the same, but from the side and the back, the Lotus is the clear winner. I took the Lotus to the local car show yesterday, and got tons of compliments, tons of pictures, even let a couple people sit in the car to take pictures, and even had one guy say he'd rather have the lotus than any ferrari, something i definately dont agree with, one girl said it was the most awesome car she'd ever seen, but of course that was followed by the "are you rich" comment. As ive said before, i was never really a Lotus fan, and it has amazed me as to how much positive attention this car gets. i rate it second only to the lambos, and moreso than any ferrari, porsche, nsx ive owned. I will add that MyNSX was there, with both his cars with numerous people around them.

hey Allan, are you rich? ; )

My second favorite question from complete strangers is, "So how much did you pay for that thing?"

Or better yet, the free fiscal advice every Joe Blow contributes to my day in the form of rhetorical suggestions like: "You know, you should have used that money for something that doesn't depreciate."

My favorites are:
"How does someone your age afford a car like that"
"Did you have to sell alot of drugs to get that?"

Dumbest question:"What kind of gas mileage does it get?" like who cares?

Dumbest offer of advice"I would of bought a house with that money" as if i spent all my money on the car and live in a shack. Some people are really very ignorant.

So I have six years to add a lotus and SV to my collection. No prob
smile.gif

Originally posted by ALLAN:
You can do it!!! I did have my first ferrari when i was 18 though!

How did you graduate from college, get a great job, and save up enough money to afford a Ferrari when you were 18?

wow! what have I been missing? Sounds like it was fun Allan. I love how everyone keeps saying that the Lotus looks dated. It's only a 30 year old design in an age when door stop looks was the fad. Deqle have you ever driven a Lotus for yourself? Do not listen to anyone else's opinions. Drive one for yourself and then you will see what Allan is talking about. Allan where do you find these guys? I have trouble finding civics here to trounce upon. (just kidding). As for upgrades, for the price of a decent NSX exhaust can give you over 100hp in the Lotus, without even touching the motor.

yeah, i drove my first lotus not too long ago. i actually like the looks, not better than the nsx, just different. i actually prefer the nsx visually.

the lotus i drove was only 9kmiles but the transmission(first gear) was pretty screwed up. And, this one if for you Ken, i did NOT like the seats. the pedal positions were pretty inconvenient too. BUT what an engine VVVRRROOOOOOMM.

ALLAN, neither cars are meant for drag... why can't you compare their performance on the racetrack with similar skilled users? That would be a real comparsion.

Originally posted by ALLAN:
well boys, here it is. i finally got my friend to race me in his 91 supercharged nsx. his car also has exhaust and headers. his car has been outfitted with all the latest basch accesories and he said the car makes 400 rear wheel hp. we raced twice, 1st time we went from 1st gear to top of 4th, and the second time we went 2nd to top of 4th. the nsx clearly has an edge in the instant throttle response action as it could get the lotus down low, but then once the lotus boost came in it would pull right back. the end result is both cars ended up being pretty much dead even. i have to say that the nsx had a big improvement over what it was before.

i took some pictures of both cars and ill post them later.

Uh, yes, lets see, we'll rent out a track, get Michael Schumacker to drive both our cars and see who wins! Good idea!

We wanted to see which car is faster in a straight line. We did that.

[This message has been edited by ALLAN (edited 23 October 2002).]

I have a TA.. want to run dead stop in a straight line? LOL jk.. I had to get in on the fun.. I havent driven a V8TT Lotus but I have driven a couple early 90's and a 94 I think S4S.. They both feel totally differnt.. the NSX is smoother and more refined but the Lotus just has more of the racecar and exoticar feel and really gets going when boost is up. I love the sounds coming from the NSX (98 model with 290).. since the Lotus is only a 4 single turbo.. it sounds pretty differnt but nontheless, sounds descent from the cockpit. I got to throow the NSX around corners and it felt great and preditable.. I didnt really take the corners hard in the Lotus because uhhh.. I dunno.. I really dont LOL..Reliability wise, deinfitly the NSX. Wouldnt mind taking a new V8TT for a spin though
smile.gif
I'm currently on the lookout for a 97 up NSX.. wish me luck!

------------------
2001 TA
1991 MR2
sigpic1.jpg

[This message has been edited by Bobby C 01TA (edited 24 October 2002).]

Back