• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lowering options

Just scored a pair of Advan 5's so now I'm going down a path I said I'd never do and that's lowering the car. Most of the pics I've seen that I like seem to lower the car 1.5" or so with the advan 5's look amazing.

I've read through many posts and the KW V3's seem like a good way to go but before I buy a set I was wondering what options I have.

I don't track the car but I want the flexibility of dialing in the right drop given I will likely be playing with wheel spacers to get it "just right" where it's as low as I can go where there is absolutely no rubbing.

Options?

The wheels are 17x7 40mm up front 18x9 40mm rear.

Thanks - Ed

The 2 routes are lowering springs or a full coilover. Springs are significantly cheaper, but you will be stuck with a fixed drop and may not look exactly the way you want. Coilovers are more flexible, but more costly. There are quite a few owners here (including myself) running BC Racing coilovers, a more budget option, than KW's.

Thanks. I'm going to go over to driving ambitions in shingle springs and see what they recommend.

Back