• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

March 6th Autox

Wow! That's all I can say. Sat. was one great day of driving.

Thanks John and Tina and all the others for putting on such a fun event. I know it was hard work and a lot of time, but I for one thought all your efforts were well worth it and much appreciated.

What a GLORIOUS amount of seat time! Good course (after a few early changes). And where else can you drive-it-like-you-stole-it without risk of jail or bodywork?

This was the most fun I've had so far this year. I can't wait till the next one.

Thanks again to everyone involved.

Tom

Thanks again John, Tina, Mark, and everyone else involved for putting on another amazing autocross!

I really appreciated the format change, not only because of the additional seat time, but also because I felt far more relaxed between sessions with our run-break-work-break schedule.

Good times! (That said, I don't think my actual run times were all that good) :p

Teaser video (2MB WMV format)

NOTE: I'm going to be very busy over the next several months, so don't expect much more than this little clip. And I won't even have my photos from the event until Randy sends them (since I foolishly forgot my compact flash card).

Last edited:
Nice stuff!!! Definitely effective as a teaser!!! Makes me want to see more! :D Can't wait to see the rest of the footage.

And don't worry, I'll be sending out that disc ASAP!! ;)

-Randy

First thing first. A big thank you to Mark and John for devoting your time and effort to arrange such a well ran event. Being the first time with the timing equipment, I can't expect anything more. The event ran like clockward. I felt bad that they didn't even have time to participate in the event. We are lucky to have you guys in SoCal.

Of course the rest of the team that helped out deserve the recognition. Unfortunately, I only knew Tina, Steve R., and Gil L.

I had an absolute blast yesterday. The weather can't get any better. The track layout is tight, but very challenging. Too bad I only figured out what to do on the last session. Not that there is not enough track time, I'm just a slow learner.

John, I would like to help out next time. Please put me on the helper's list.

Okay, I've got my pics up!!!

I stuck a link to them in a thread in the PICTURES GALLERY forum.

-Randy

134_3412.JPG

137_3740.JPG

That was a hell of a lot of fun.

Fantastic organization by John, Mark and Tina. No dead time, lots of track time, etc. I think we probably got 28+ chances to set a fast lap. The track course was challenging. I have never seen so many cars hanging out the tail end around turns, trying to get that extra tenth of a second!

-Doug

Yes, Again, Thanks John, Tina and everyone else!!!

Man Alive!!! Am I sore!! I had to quit halfway through the last run group.

Also, Thanks to Doug for letting me cruise the Flame Mobile... Your car hauls ass! :eek: I think I'll need a little more seat time to drive it the way you do though... Maybe Big Willow would help ;) ;)

All kidding aside, I think the weight differential between our cars was most noticeable the first time in the seat. Also, everything to do with the tansmission is superior. From the short shift throw, to the way the clutch and diff engage with authority to the way the engine spins up and down so quickly. My car is still all stock in those departments.

Good luck in OTC!

Hey, I made it on the teaser vid! Woohoo! :)

I really enjoyed the event, thank again to all the organizers for making it such a great day to be a part of. I hope to be able to join in you guys in future events.

Pete

John, Tina, Mark and all the others that worked to put this on Thank You. As always is was great folks, food, fun and some nice cars. Has a blast!

John, Tina, Mark AND EVERYONE involved in putting the Auto X together:
THANK YOU!!!
Dont forget I'm to help for whatever needs doing next time!

Eric,
Thanks for the video teaser, and lap footage (nice spin, was that an "oh crap" I herd?) :D
(Anxiously awaiting the rest)

Randy,
Awsome pics! Thanks for sharing! (although I'm still working on trying to tell everyones car apart!) :rolleyes:

Steve and Perry,
Thanks for the rides! I cant believe how fun it was just on the passanger side alone! :eek:

Last edited:
NSX~Kleine said:
Randy,
Awsome pics! Thanks for sharing! (although I'm still working on trying to tell everyones car apart!) :rolleyes:
Yeah, I should probably put people's names (and/or usernames) in the captions, but then I'd feel bad that I'd only be able to identify about half of the cars. :(

Too much fun....

Thanks to John, Tina, Mark and all the others who helped to organize the great autocross on Saturday!
We had a wonderful time... lots of runs on a fun and challenging course.....
And I FINALLY won one of the raffle prizes!
:D

Joel and Dianne

A very dirty but happy 91 Black/Ivory

AWSOME!!!

What an AWSOME Event!!! :D

I am still seeing that course when I close my eyes!:eek:

John. Tina, Mark, and especially Lianna's Mom for arranging the venue!!!:cool: We have been truly spoiled;)

John, You and Mark did a FANTASTIC job with the NEW timing system!

Oh yeah, thanks to all who braved the beautiful sunny day to work the course and pick up cones!!!

I really enjoyed the kids from the Rescue Mission I think they have a few new memories! (Nice touch!)

I know I got at least 20 runs in, as I have 15 little post-it's with times and I didn't get any during the first session!:eek:

I think my new Toyo's aren't new anymore:D

When I was standing out at station 3 at about 4:30 watching group B run, I thought "It doesn't get any better than this!"

I could go on and on! :D ;)

Incredible!

John, Sign me up for the next one now!:D Did you say 6 months or was it 6 weeks (I hope!;) )

Thanks!

Thanks to John and Tina for this great event.
Thanks also to Steve, Mark, Chad (timing), Lianna and her Mom
(Vicky?) for making this possible.

Both videos from akira3d was very nice.

Appreciate the 130 pics from Randy.

Patience, It was my pleasure to give you a ride.
I should have given you another ride in the afternoon, as I was
getting my lap times down to make it more exciting for you.
But I saw that Steve took care of that for you.

My wife and I had a great time abusing the X that we normally
just baby around. I told her that we used up more tires in that
day that the 2 plus years that we've owned it.

It was fun talking to everyone and seeing the famous flame mobile and talking with the pulp racer in person.

Perry & Maria

OMG! im so jealous. damn. i knew i shouldn't have open this thread. anywho, im glad you guys had fun out there. well the only thing im driving here in uzbekistan is a gator. it may not be an NSX but this thing can go everywhere.

This event was by far the most fun I've ever had driving a car. Big thumbs up for those who put it all together! The schedule was superb and I even enjoyed working the corners, studying what other drivers were doing. Weather was great, people were great, food was great, and I even won a raffle prize!:D Cool seeing a real racing NSX in person as well.

I'm definitely going again next time. Thanks again guys!

Nice pics, by the way!

Any chance the results will be available for the meeting this Thursday? I can hear the smack talk now ;)

coolnsx said:
Any chance the results will be available for the meeting this Thursday? I can hear the smack talk now ;)
I'm on that right now, working out the bugs with the software developer. I hope I can have full results Thursday at Acura of South Bay, but please don't hold me to it.

eternal thanks to John and all the others who were crucial in organizing such a splendid event. it was my first autocross, and definitely won't be the last. six months for the next even seems too long to wait! :D

i also agree with Paul's sentiments that even working the cones was fun. well, more like funny, because most of the first run group didn't realize there was a slalom in section #3, and everyone was totally bypassing it. and when everyone realized they had to go through the slalom, cones were flying everywhere. haha man i was picking up a lot of cones during the first session! :D :p

well hopefully next time i can actually stay the full day. if any of you noticed the NSX being hauled away on a flatbed during session #3, that was me. the one nail or screw that was on the track just happened to find it's way to my left front tire and pop it... sheesh... :rolleyes:

but dang it was fun while it lasted! :)

Big thanks to John and Tina and Mark and everyone else involved in putting that together for us...I know it was alot of work in doing so..You are appreciated big time!!!

Great meeting new faces and seeing some old ones....Great food and very fun track(I just wish there was time for a walk through before I ran..didn't know about the slalom until after my run was done:D )...
Hopefully next time we will have a display clock( I still don't know how I did on about half of my laps) and a better way to equalize the run groups(group C got about twice as many laps as other groups)...I'm sure John and Mark will have most of the bugs worked out by the time the next one comes around though:cool:
It was actually very well ran for a couple of rookies:D though I must say...Great job guys..I'm sure I can speak for all of us when I say we had a BLAST!!!

Can't wait til the next one:p

Last edited:
I just got my pics from Randy...hopefully I'll be able to have them up by Thursday afternoon

Here's a taste (composite of K2's spin out)

Attachments

• kenny (k2) spins.jpg
    kenny (k2) spins.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 251
And here's one more shot from Kenny's spin out (I didn't include this in the above composite because it would have overlapped the last instance)

Attachments

• k2 spins on cone.jpg
    k2 spins on cone.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 253
Pictures from AutoX

akira3d said:
I just got my pics from Randy...hopefully I'll be able to have them up by Thursday afternoon

Here's a taste (composite of K2's spin out)

Eric,

Awesome Pics. :D

this is why I want to call you "Crazy Eyes" :D

John, Tina, Liana, Steve, Mark and everyone who put this event today. Thank you.

I had a blast and look forward to the next event.

Kenny

p.s. that was my first spinout ever on my NSX. It was cool knowing that there were no walls around me. :D

Last edited:
Back