• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Meeyatch1 + NSX unveiling in Detroit = AWESOME!!

Has Ted Klaus (in past/recent conversations) or anyone else within Honda/Acura mentioned a "Targa"/Spider version? Just curious if this was designed into the existing platform (vs. a revision/add-on downstream).

I'm assuming the NSX-2.0 to be ~3,400lbs+ so a removable Targa-style top would be preferable to an automatic roof-panel on a Spider (ie. Spider versions of the 12C/650S and 458) which can add an additional ~150lbs+ as well as mechanical/electrical reliability and dependability.

The CF+alloy "floor" is interesting, I wonder if that would improve cross-sectional/torsional rigidity with an open-top offering...

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed that the door itself extends way beyond the side window?

Can't think of any car that has that in such a way as this NSX.

Or could it be that they wanted to place the door handle as far rearward as possible for design purposes? It might look a little funny to have that aluminum piece so far forward.

I guess that 2.0 is designed as an optional Targa or Spider from the start unlike 1.0 which was cut up after 5 years.

There has only been brief reference to trunk/no trunk. To those who were at the reveal, or anyone else, is anything out there to give us some answers?

Heard that line from Klaus too - I think it was a "Fast Lane Car" video or something similar.

I hope they make some fitted luggage for it! Some nice leather pieces that compliment the leather within the car.

Mentions of the trunk, is there also an usable frunk (in terms of storage)?

Appears that there's no room behind the seats, as-in no rear parcel/bench/etc.

I think this was the cargo space Ted was referring to (behind the seats) - I'll be shocked if there is any luggage compartment in the rear, and he did confirm there is no storage space in the front.

I'd be surprised if there were a dedicated truck behind the seats as that would be antithetic to their design goal of keeping mass as near the driver as possible.

But I could very well be totally incorrect. :shrug:

I think this was the cargo space Ted was referring to (behind the seats) - I'll be shocked if there is any luggage compartment in the rear, and he did confirm there is no storage space in the front.

Why can't there be a trunk behind the engine? How much in the way of mechanical equipment do they have behind the block besides the DCT and the electric motor? These items seem to be down low in the body too. There seems to be a lid over this potential trunk as shown below:

1YOC4MJ.jpg

Also I believe I see a key hole in the deck lid which wouldn't make sense if it was just an engine cover:

JpxmsWm.jpg

Last edited:
What's with the key hole on the door? It sticks out, I'm sure there could of been a better spot to put it. I might have missed it but I noticed the hole today.

Last edited:
Guys. There is a trunk behind the engine. The burned prototype had it and it's been stated to hold 2 carry-on bags or a golf bag. Picture S2000 trunk size or 350Z shallowness.

There seems to be half a cubic foot space behind the seats from what I could see in the pics. You could probably fit a laptop case or briefcase back there.

Also I believe I see a key hole in the deck lid which wouldn't make sense if it was just an engine cover...

I'm sure that's the keyhole and the other is the rear view camera. I hope they put a good rear camera in there b/c the one in our MDX is…less than ideal.

Last edited:
What's with the key hole on the door? It sticks out, I'm sure there could of been a better spot to put it. I might have missed it but I noticed the hole today.

Yeah, it does look out of place. What is strange is that they photoshopped it out of the press photos. So clearly, Acura doesn't even like it. You would think they would have gone with a keyless fob system. I guess that also means that you start this car with an ignition key as well?

Yeah, it does look out of place. What is strange is that they photoshopped it out of the press photos. So clearly, Acura doesn't even like it. You would think they would have gone with a keyless fob system. I guess that also means that you start this car with an ignition key as well?

I personally think this is not the finished product, someone told me this car was not finished in marysville. This was shipped from Japan and the production is not near. Having a key hole like that in a $150k+ car is ridiculous.

notice how they sized the wheels/tires to appeal to the 19/20 crowd...and not much fender gap...with electric torque vectoring I'm sure tire size will have to be kept within a tight tolerance.....but I'm sure someone will dump it daily lol...

notice how they sized the wheels/tires to appeal to the 19/20 crowd...and not much fender gap...with electric torque vectoring I'm sure tire size will have to be kept within a tight tolerance.....but I'm sure someone will dump it daily lol...
Care to start the "How to stance a 2015 NSX?" thread? I'm sure someone will come up with a How-to disable torque vectoring in your new 2015 topic.

pull the clock fuse.:eek:...oh how somethings never change...

For the record, when I asked them to open the engine bay they said they were under direction to not, which also leads me to believe this is almost production. Almost.

How much did they pay Jerry Seinfeld to show up and make a stupid looking face? That is my only question. I cannot imagine that he will appreciate this car beyond his sponsorship agreement.

Mitch did they mention the 'Quiet' mode function that was shown in the Commercial shown? I'm assuming its turning off the gas powered V6 and switching 100% to battery mode? Any mention how long the batteries would be expected last in battery only mode if such a mode exists?

Back